Does anyone get as moody as I am on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

steelballz

I have been on TRT (Testosterone Cypionate only) for 9 months. Lots of positives. But I am struggling with mood changes. My E was tested and I am at 40 so not bad. I know I am hyper sensitive to everything but I think the increase in E even though not that high has me super moody. Cry way more often, I get bummed easy etc. So maybe my levels are ok but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Is it just because I have not got used too the elevated feeling? Now when they get real bad it does impact my ability to get erect and orgasm. So my guess I am hitting E peaks. I do inject twice a week. Should I just wait out the storm? I wish there was an at home test for the E so when I hit one of these intense moods I can check it. My next blood test is in September. Oh I forgot to mention, I damaged the tendons in my arms like 11 weeks ago so I stopped working out. I haven't got back into the swing. Could this be my whole issue? Do you think getting back to lifting and running will help balance this out?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

James

I'm feeling the same way. Several positives with TRT (Cypionate, twice a week), the biggest negative is I'm extremely sensitive to everything too. I think I'm more confident and less afraid of social situations, but I have absolutely no patience with people and BS. My E was low/normal by sensitive essay. I'm sure if you get back to training it will help.

Smokin Joe

I felt the same way while on gel. I have been back on injectable for two months(Cypionate) and sub q for two weeks. Since going sub q I fell much better. 40mg twice a week has leveled me out considerably.
These last two months have been the best as far as consistency is concerned since I started this ride back in 2007.
Thanks to a great Endo and this site things are working out.
Good Luck.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Keep an eye on Estrogen as these symptoms are classic for elevated E2 as you guys know.

Make sure you estrogen assay uses the "Sensitive" lab designed for men...this is very important.

Also, keep an eye on SHBG and all Thyroid labs as well.

Aggression is rarely seen with Testosterone even at AAS levels and especially at TRT levels.

Even with a 40 pg/ml E2 level steel you may be sensitive to this level although it would be somewhat rare.

Post blood work if you have here in this thread complete with ranges and lets see what we're working with.

steelballz

This is my last blood work from April 2014:

test = 704 241-827
Est = 40.2 nd-39.8
hema = 49.1 39.2-48.8
hemo = 17.1 13.2-16.8

She didn't test free this time and has never tested SHBG. She tested mt TSH prior to me getting the TRT. So when I go in September for new blood work I will ask for:
T
Free T
Estadiol sensitive(is there a specific name for it?)
Cortisol
SHBG
Hemo amd Hema
TSH

Should that be enough?

James

I felt the same way while on gel. I have been back on injectable for two months(Cypionate) and sub q for two weeks. Since going sub q I fell much better. 40mg twice a week has leveled me out considerably.
These last two months have been the best as far as consistency is concerned since I started this ride back in 2007.
Thanks to a great Endo and this site things are working out.
Good Luck.

smoking joe - you really on only 40 mg twice a week? And you're feeling pretty good? I'm down to 70 mg twice a week and feel much better than what I was previously on...160 mg once a week and then 140 mg once a week. I'm thinking about dropping it down to 50 mg twice a week. I think my testosterone shot up so high, in relation to my other hormones, it knocked everything out of balance, and I felt like crap.

Smokin Joe

James 40mg x2 does seem to be working out so far. I tried 100mg but my attitude sucked and my spouse was ready to have me commited( Not Really).
I have not had bloodwork done yet on this dose. I wanted to give it at least a month before I do it again as I pay for it through Life Extension.

I hope to get my range iinto the mid 700s so I may have to adjust.
Also I'm hoping to add HCG at some point but I'm still looking for DR in this area to perscribe.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
smoking joe - you really on only 40 mg twice a week? And you're feeling pretty good? I'm down to 70 mg twice a week and feel much better than what I was previously on...160 mg once a week and then 140 mg once a week. I'm thinking about dropping it down to 50 mg twice a week. I think my testosterone shot up so high, in relation to my other hormones, it knocked everything out of balance, and I felt like crap.

Perfect example as to why "too much of a good thing is not good"!

We see this many many times when a man reduces dosage they find they feel a lot better.

High levels of Testosterone serum levels amps up our Central Nervous System (CNS) and this can make us not feel good over the long haul and can suppress many things like libido for one.

Good to see the reduced dosage is working for you James.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
This is my last blood work from April 2014:

test = 704 241-827
Est = 40.2 nd-39.8
hema = 49.1 39.2-48.8
hemo = 17.1 13.2-16.8

She didn't test free this time and has never tested SHBG. She tested mt TSH prior to me getting the TRT. So when I go in September for new blood work I will ask for:
T
Free T
Estadiol sensitive(is there a specific name for it?)
Cortisol
SHBG
Hemo amd Hema
TSH

Should that be enough?

This is what you need to be tested for Steel:

• Total Testosterone
• Bioavailable Testosterone (AKA “Free and Loosely Bound”)
• Free Testosterone (if Bioavailable T is unavailable)
• SHBG
• DHT
• Estradiol (specify “sensitive” assay for males)
• Prolactin
• Cortisol
• Thyroid Panel (Complete and beyond just TSH)
• CBC
• Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
• Lipid Profile
• PSA
• IGF-1

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I need to remind guys that testosterone is just one part of the puzzle in better mood. I seriously doubt all the information provided in forums about estradiol causing mood swings unless it is very high and tested by ultrasensitive analysis.

If you are using 100-200 mg per week of testosterone injections and you are more emotional on testosterone, then I think you should stop it or look deeper into what could be causing your emotional hypersensitivity. Hormones are just a small part of mental wellbeing. Lack of good sleep, stress, unresolved grieving (caused by loss of a job, relationship, expectations, etc), financial issues, lack of support, medications that can cause low mood, etc need to be addressed.

If all of the above are not issues, then low mood could be related to neurotransmitter issues. Antidepressants or supplements like SAMe could be options to use along with TRT.

steelballz

Thanks Gene I appreciate that. Nelson I see what you are saying and it will be interesting to see what my ultra sensitive estradiol test will be. Ideally the test will be when I am at my moodiest. It's too bad I can't just take when I am at that point.

Let's just say it is E spikes that I am getting, would I show any other signs like gynecomastia. Or does that only occur when you are getting hit with a constant high E?

Last edited:

Bass

I need to remind guys that testosterone is just one part of the puzzle in better mood. I seriously doubt all the information provided in forums about estradiol causing mood swings unless it is very high and tested by ultrasensitive analysis.

If you are using 100-200 mg per week of testosterone injections and you are more emotional on testosterone, then I think you should stop it or look deeper into what could be causing your emotional hypersensitivity. Hormones are just a small part of mental wellbeing. Lack of good sleep, stress, unresolved grieving (caused by loss of a job, relationship, expectations, etc), financial issues, lack of support, medications that can cause low mood, etc need to be addressed.

If all of the above are not issues, then low mood could be related to neurotransmitter issues. Antidepressants or supplements like SAMe could be options to use along with TRT.

Nelson, wouldn't stopping TRT cause other problems? unless you mean do a restart treatment.

I have to agree with GD regarding estrogen. yes E2 levels might be hyped up a little and I agree a short term spike in e2 my have no immediate effects, but if your base was at 25 and now at 40 with TRT prolonged might have some effect on the mood. not sure what the OP E2 base was, but something to look into.

James

Bass - yeah, I think a person can really feel the difference, I know I did. My E2 went from 12 to 37, I more than tripled it in a very short amount of time, although both numbers are considered to be in the normal range for guys, a spike that much, that quick, can really f#^K with your head. I think the body craves normalcy/consistency, and when my hormones got altered so much, so quick, it really threw me off. I'm feeling much better now and I'm confident I'm finally on the right track!

James

Perfect example as to why "too much of a good thing is not good"!

We see this many many times when a man reduces dosage they find they feel a lot better.

High levels of Testosterone serum levels amps up our Central Nervous System (CNS) and this can make us not feel good over the long haul and can suppress many things like libido for one.

Good to see the reduced dosage is working for you James.

Amen my brother!

steelballz

Bass, I like the way you think. I looked at my first blood work that got me started on TRT and my E then was 35. So maybe it's not the E. I just thought of something. When I was injecting once a week I was told to take 100mg/week. My moods were good the first 4 to 5 moths of TRT but then I started getting moody so I switched from once a week to twice a week to try and correct my mood changes. I noticed a difference for the first few weeks but then they came back but even a little stronger. When injecting once a week I had a tendency to go 10mg over but did the same at twice a week so I am adding 20mg per week. I should back off to 50mg twice a week. Do you think this would help? Will it take some time for this to be noticeable if at all?

Bass

Bass, I like the way you think. I looked at my first blood work that got me started on TRT and my E then was 35. So maybe it's not the E. I just thought of something. When I was injecting once a week I was told to take 100mg/week. My moods were good the first 4 to 5 moths of TRT but then I started getting moody so I switched from once a week to twice a week to try and correct my mood changes. I noticed a difference for the first few weeks but then they came back but even a little stronger. When injecting once a week I had a tendency to go 10mg over but did the same at twice a week so I am adding 20mg per week. I should back off to 50mg twice a week. Do you think this would help? Will it take some time for this to be noticeable if at all?

usually if you crash your e2 it takes a long time to bounce back, its the opposite with elevated E2, you can crash it pretty quick, so yes you should feel a difference within 4 weeks time. the question is how do you feel on 100mgs per week? I was put on 200 mgs ew plus other drugs form a clinic (more like a steroids dealer), and my e2 went through the roof. felt like shit, then the clinic said to take 1mg anastrozole ED! that fvcked me up even more. it was a long journey for me to finally find a goo dr., and now I am on 100 EW and feel absolutely great, no AI needed, only testosterone and hCG plus some supplements.

when I was new on TRT no matter what does I was on my E2 kept going up and couldn't do it without AI, but now 3 years into it my E2 is the low 20s, and sometimes it get even lower in the mid teens, so I pump up my T does a little now and then to raise my e2. I don't do well with low e2, joint pains. anyway, GD's statement is right on, more is less, especially when it comes to TRT. trust me on this one!

Young at heart

I have high SHBG. When I was on 70mg test cypionate twice a week my libido was low. Now I'm injecting 140mg once a week and my libido is great. Doing once a week or twice a week depends on the individual, some feel better once a week, others twice a week. I think it depends of your SHBG. If is low is better twice a week or more, if is high is better once a week.

CoastWatcher

I have high SHBG. When I was on 70mg test cypionate twice a week my libido was low. Now I'm injecting 140mg once a week and my libido is great. Doing once a week or twice a week depends on the individual, some feel better once a week, others twice a week. I think it depends of your SHBG. If is low is better twice a week or more, if is high is better once a week.
Yes, that's an established practice that ill-informed doctors can overlook.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me