Dialing in my TRT - Recent bloods - DHEA on floor.

Buy Lab Tests Online

unknownwhom

I’m currently in the middle of decreasing my dose due to high e2 issues that I did not want to mitigate by AI use. The following labs were taken while taking 100mg a week split Monday morning and Thursday evening. IM. Labs drawn Thursday morning on day 14 of new 100mg protocol.

E2 sensitive - 34 pg/ml - < = 29 pg/ml
SHBG - 38 nmol/L - 10-50 nmol/L
Total T - 824 pg/ml - 250-1100 pg/ml
Free T - 148.4 pg/ml - 35-155 pg/ml
DHEA sulfate - 25 pg/ml - 93-415 mcg/dl
Ferritin - 77 ng/ml - 38 - 380 ng/ml
Hematocrit - 44.2%
Progesterone - <0.5ng/ml - <1.4ng/ml
Prolactin - 10.6 ng/ml - 2.0-18.0ng/ml
Iron - 156mcg/dl - 50-180mcg/dl
Iron % Saturation - 56% - 20-48%
Total cholesterol - 162 - <200mg/dl
Hdl - 64 - > 40 mg/dl
LDL - 85 - <100mg/dl

All in all, I’m very happy with these numbers. I’m sure in 4 weeks when I get retested in my trough, it’ll be even more dialed in. I also know it can take 6-8 weeks at a particular dose to know what it’ll feel like being settled in at that dose.

I had been dealing with increased anxiety, episodic heart palpitations, subpar sleep and fatigue. Things are getting better. However, not 100%.

Questions. My DHEA is on the floor. Should I consider supplementation or introducing HCG? Should I wait until 6-8 week mark on 100mg and see how I feel? Also my ferritin is on the lower side but my iron saturation % is high. Not sure what to make of this. Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I had been dealing with increased anxiety, episodic heart palpitations, subpar sleep and fatigue.
Ferritin - 77 ng/ml - 38 - 380 ng/ml
Keep a close eye on your ferritin, because I had all of these symptoms for years with ferritin <80. I’m on TRT and have a history of iron deficiency, multiple times. Tomorrow if I miss my iron dosage, my sleep suffer that night and all of those symptoms you mention come back in full force.

DHEA supplements will increase estrogen.

unknownwhom

Keep a close eye on your ferritin, because I had all of these symptoms for years with ferritin <80. I’m on TRT and have a history of iron deficiency, multiple times. Tomorrow if I miss my iron dosage, my sleep suffer that night and all of those symptoms you mention come back in full force.

Thanks for the words.

I think I’m going to stay the course without changing anything for another 4 weeks and get bloods around the 6 week mark. If I see an uptick in dhea and ferritin, I may wait it out to see if my body naturally brings them up. If they aren’t, I’ll add minimum dose.

What do you suggest to bring ferritin up if my iron levels are fine?

unknownwhom

Also, i have attached my iron levels at the same time when ferritin was around 78.

Considering supplementing. Why would my iron saturation be high? I’m also highly active. CrossFit. 6 times a week. I do a lot of endurance training.

Attachments

• IMG_6310.jpeg
    IMG_6310.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 29

Systemlord

unknownwhom

@Systemlord, I got blood work again yesterday after being @ 100mg weekly of Test C. This was around the 8 week mark of new dose. To my surprise, ferritin decreased further and iron is now on the low side.

Ferritin is @ 64 - 38-380 range - ng/mL
Iron - Total is @ 79 - 50-180 range - mcg/dL
Saturation % - 27% - 20-48 range %

Through research, I’ve read that iron can change a lot throughout the day. Where ferritin is a more stable number.

What supplement would you recommend?

Th3Dud3

Out of curiosity, for people that are testing with low iron: do you consume the RDA of iron through foods and it's an absorption issue?

Last edited:

Systemlord

TRT utilizes more iron in the creation of hematocrit and hemoglobin, decreasing ferritin in the process. Also, T injections maintains near static testosterone levels 3-4 days after injection, whereas naturally, testosterone declines rapidly each day.

Th3Dud3

TRT utilizes more iron in the creation of hematocrit and hemoglobin, decreasing ferritin in the process. Also, T injections maintains near static testosterone levels 3-4 days after injection, whereas naturally, testosterone declines rapidly each day.
A bit off topic, but I've read about a link between oxygen levels in the blood and graying of hair. Out of curiosity, did you notice any increase in gray hair during your time with low iron levels? If so, any improvements once you rectified your ferritin levels?

Systemlord

Out of curiosity, did you notice any increase in gray hair during your time with low iron levels?
Yes, quite a lot, especially on the sideburns, most of the grey hairs are gone! My mother actually made the comment about my missing grey hair.

I have been iron deficient or low iron multiple times now, recently do to the shop running out of the iron to which I respond well.

Finely got it back in stock after two months, grey hairs came back, but not like when I was deficient.

I have also notice at times during my hair cut, my bald spot is gone, and appears again.

Th3Dud3

Yes, quite a lot, especially on the sideburns, most of the grey hairs are gone! My mother actually made the comment about my missing grey hair.
Thanks for sharing your experience! That's great to hear. I've had a pretty big increase in graying after starting TRT, and putting two and two together thinking this might partly be the cause. I started taking an iron supplement about a month ago. I'm taking Thorne Ferrasorb, 1 cap per day.

Gman86

I have been iron deficient or low iron multiple times now, recently do to the shop running out of the iron to which I respond well.

Finely got it back in stock after two months, grey hairs came back, but not like when I was deficient.

I have also notice at times during my hair cut, my bald spot is gone, and appears again.
Where do u like ur ferritin to sit again? Or a range that u like it perhaps

Systemlord

Where do u like ur ferritin to sit again?
My pre-TRT ferritin was 128, on TRT ferritin needs to be 80> to feel good consistently. Currently I’m trying to get it back up there closer to 100.

I don’t need iron supplements off TRT. I had to increase my iron supplements, as I was never taking enough to begin with.

I need 5.5 capsules of iron, 28 mg each or 154 mg iron daily.

I have never got to my pre-TRT ferritin levels.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
My pre-TRT ferritin was 128, on TRT ferritin needs to be 80> to feel good consistently. Currently I’m trying to get it back up there closer to 100.

I don’t need iron supplements off TRT. I had to increase my iron supplements, as I was never taking enough to begin with.

I need 5.5 capsules of iron, 28 mg each or 154 mg iron daily.

I have never got to my pre-TRT ferritin levels.
Did you ever try this guy's "raising ferritin FAST" protocol?

Systemlord

Did you ever try this guy's "raising ferritin FAST" protocol?

I’m afraid I can’t split my dosages up like that, if I miss one capsule or even a quarter of a capsule, in the morning, even with ferritin at 98, I have problems with fatigue, IBS/diarrhea and diabetes control, until such time I take the remaining iron supplement.

If I take the iron supplement all at once, I don’t have those problems throughout the day.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me