Coming off TRT after 2.5 years

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Arcane

Iron deficiency among other reasons. I have to figure things out because the TRT was constantly working against me, by reducing my iron stores.

Yes and doing much better. I’m getting muscular again.
Ive seen many people donate blood due to high hct which lead to low iron. how did you solve the problem?

Yort

I just wanted to chime in about my experience quitting cold turkey. I was on TRT 100mg weekly for about a year with virtually no positive results, so I decided to quit. The first 5 or 6 weeks were fine, so I thought everything was good. Then I began to experience the most severe depression I've ever had in my life! I thought of things I had never thought of before. It was horrible! Also I was losing a lot of muscle mass and I looked like a stick.
Since then I have recovered but it took several months. So from my own personal experience I would NOT recommend going cold turkey....but I guess everyone is different.

Systemlord

Ive seen many people donate blood due to high hct which lead to low iron. how did you solve the problem?
Jardiance, a type 2 diabetes drug cause dehydration which lead to high hemoglobin and hematocrit.

Stopping the drug decreased my hemoglobin from 19.2->17.5 and hematocrit 55->51%. Even before I found out this drug was responsible for my high blood parameters, I was told by a hematologist who was reviewing my blood pressure before the phlebotomies (110/64) that I no longer had to get phlebotomies due to not being symptomatic.

Gabe22

I wanted to update my test results after over a month off TRT. The first week was hell. Felt like i had a bad cold. No energy and just wanted to go to bed. Only up until a couple days ago did i have on again and off again left ball ache. Attached a few screen shots of my test results. Is my FSH and LH fine or should it be higher?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 17-37-06 private_file.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 17-37-06 private_file.pdf.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 17-37-29 private_file.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 17-37-29 private_file.pdf.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 17-43-12 private_file.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 17-43-12 private_file.pdf.png
    2 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 17-43-29 private_file.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 17-43-29 private_file.pdf.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 43

Systemlord

Your LH is lower than mine (LH->3.6/FSH->4.6) when I was in a disease state. You’re estrogen dominant as well. I don’t really care much for the Free T, not until lab companies get their act together and come out with better testing.

You can take one blood sample, split it up into two, and get 295 ng/dL on one test and 395 on the other, both test are the same, however the results are not.

The symptoms have more weight.

Last edited:

Arcane

Youve only been off trt for a month. Its likely still in your system assuming you took testosterone cypionate which takes 6-8 weeks to fully metabolize out of your system. You should have waited 2 weeks, then started clomid. Id keep taking clomid for another month or 2 personally. Along with ashwaghanda, tongkat ali, boron, and vitamin d3

Gabe22

Youve only been off trt for a month. Its likely still in your system assuming you took testosterone cypionate which takes 6-8 weeks to fully metabolize out of your system. You should have waited 2 weeks, then started clomid. Id keep taking clomid for another month or 2 personally. Along with ashwaghanda, tongkat ali, boron, and vitamin d3
How would I get access to clomid? Would my family doctor be able to prescribe this?

Tdizzle

How is that when the half life is 5-8 days ?

Tdizzle

Your LH is lower than mine (LH->3.6/FSH->4.6) when I was in a disease state. You’re estrogen dominant as well. I don’t really care much for the Free T, not until lab companies get their act together and come out with better testing.

You can take one blood sample, split it up into two, and get 295 ng/dL on one test and 395 on the other, bot test are the same, however the results are not.

The symptoms have more weight.
In April you told him his numbers were useless without the Free T results but now your saying “ you don’t care much “ for Free T. Do you realize you are giving someone medical advice and they may actually listen to you ?

Tdizzle

How many IU is 140mg? How many mg was your last shot? Have you gotten any lab work done since getting off?
No I haven’t yet and at the moment, I’m not really concerned about the numbers. I’m 43 years old and had high hematocrit, hemoglobin. I end up getting gyno and developed prostate problems. Yeah, 43 and have to take Flomax.
I won’t even waste my time arguing with anyone about it but the fact is, Testosterone has caused me more problems than I ever had before.
My best advice to you is to logout and stop going to the internet to get advice from some dudes on a message board. I truly regret it. Go see a real doctor.

Systemlord

In April you told him his numbers were useless without the Free T results but now your saying “ you don’t care much “ for Free T. Do you realize you are giving someone medical advice and they may actually listen to you ?
It’s important to learn and adapt, much like how western medicine used to think TRT, testosterone caused prostate cancer. When new information comes out to challenge this belief, attitudes, change, and people adapt.

The moment we think we know everything, we stop learning. I watched a video of Dr. Abraham Morgentaller recently talk about Total T and Free T testing and how wildly inaccurate the testing is, plus or minus 100 ng/dL.

Dr. Abraham Morgentaller also said that the reference ranges are practically useless.

So better to adjust my strategy than get stuck in old outdated thinking, don’t you think?

The ADAM score is a much better tool at determining whether or not someone has a TD versus some arbitrary number.

Last edited:

Arcane

No I haven’t yet and at the moment, I’m not really concerned about the numbers. I’m 43 years old and had high hematocrit, hemoglobin. I end up getting gyno and developed prostate problems. Yeah, 43 and have to take Flomax.
I won’t even waste my time arguing with anyone about it but the fact is, Testosterone has caused me more problems than I ever had before.
My best advice to you is to logout and stop going to the internet to get advice from some dudes on a message board. I truly regret it. Go see a real doctor.
you doing alright these days, man? How long were you on trt? What was your dose?

Systemlord

My best advice to you is to logout and stop going to the internet to get advice from some dudes on a message board. I truly regret it.
I’m sorry TRT didn’t work out for you, but sometimes the advice from doctors isn’t always correct. Often times doctors don’t measure up and have outdated medical knowledge, are not evolving with medicine and lack the correct knowledge needed to help men.

I would be lost and in poorer health without this forum!

Thank god for this forum, thank you @Nelson Vergel.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching