Bringing dhea levels up

Buy Lab Tests Online

OMI100

SHR # 1271 :: The SuppVersity Science Roundup: DHEA..What Is It? What Does it Do? Is It Worth It? PLUS A New Look At Healthy Vitamin D Levels
http://www.superhumanradio.com/shr-...s-a-new-look-at-healthy-vitamin-d-levels.html
Guest: Adel Moussa - Dr. Chris Masterjohn
We discuss every aspect of DHEA based on the available research. Does it improve performance, raise testosterone levels, build muscle, help you lose body fat, improve mental function and much much more. Is it a good thing to supplement with, dosing and why. PLUS Dr. Masterjohn's discussion begs the health industry to take a different look at Vitamin D testing and what should be perceived as beneficial serum levels. Like so many things that are good for you.... there's always more to the story. This is a must hear interview for any clinician who suggest Vitamin D as a supplement to their patients.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Anyone can say anything without data. It is like an honor system in which we have to "trust" the person who says it. The ultimate test is to try it and see how you feel and then report back. I am putting together a survey for this forum soon in which I will collect a lot of broscience info

JWSimpkins

I am not an expert on DHEA, but from what I have read, some people seem to believe that European-derived DHEA (99.9% purity) that is micronized, delivers maximum absorption and utilization. Since DHEA is metabolized in the body within 8 hours, it makes sense to take one capsule 3x/day or buy a slower releasing form such as Gene posted so you don't have to worry about taking it multiple x/day. Finally, it is an antagonist to tamoxifen citrate (Nolvadex).

Doesn't it make more sense to take a full DHEA dose in the AM to help mitigate the effects of rising morning cortisol (6-9 am)?

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Dr. Mark Gordon, who I think is one of the best in TRT for men, believes in DHEA supplementation and uses it significantly in his protocols for men.

OMI100

Here are some labs of mine. I did a base line with only my compounder 10% "T" cream.

I only tested the Pregnon one time.

Not a cheap test.

I added in some compounded DHEA and Pregon at 50mg a day.

I upped it to 100mg a day.

I then used micronized DHEA at 25mg in the morning and evening and 50 mg Pregnon in the morning.

Look at the labs. Says it all for me.

I do have to tweak my AI a bit. I was taking 0.15mg 2 times a week.

I will add a bit more and take 0.15mg every 3 days and I should be right in the bulls eye.

Not sure what happened to my "T" in Sept? I might have forgot to apply it for a day or so?

08-2013
BASE LINE – ONLY 10% COMPOUNDED “T” CREAM
Total “T” – 796 – (348 – 1197)
Free “T” – 18.5 – (6.6 – 18.1)
DHEA – 10.2 – (51.7 – 295)
Estradiol – 14.7 – (7.6 – 42.6)
SHBG -- 32.5 – (19.3 –76.4)
Pregnenolone, MS – 19 – (Less than 151)

09-2013
With 50mg DHEA compounded cream and 50 mg compounded Pregnenolone cream
Total “T” – 514 – (348 – 1197)
Free “T” – 9.7 – (6.6 – 18.1)
DHEA – 35.5 – (51.7 – 295)
Estradiol – 14.8 – (7.6 – 42.6)
SHBG -- 34.9 – (19.3 –76.4)

10-2013
With 100mg DHEA compounded cream and 100 mg compounded Pregnenolone cream
Total “T” – 798 – (348 – 1197)
Free “T” – 17.6 – (6.6 – 18.1)
DHEA – 31.8 – (51.7 – 295)
Estradiol – 28.5 – (7.6 – 42.6)
SHBG -- 36.5 – (19.3 –76.4)

11-2013
25mg micronized DHEA morning and evening and 50 mg micronized Pregnenolone in the morning
Total “T” – 822 – (348 – 1197)
Free “T” – 14.0 – (6.6 – 18.1)
DHEA – 273.5 – (51.7 –295)
Estradiol – 33.5 – (7.6 – 42.6)
SHBG -- 36 – (19.3 – 76.4)

Last edited:

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
This is exactly what happened to me using DHEA/Preg transdermal.

When I switched to micronized SR of both DHEA-S and IFG-1 were off the top of the reference range with no impact on E2.

Personally, this is the way to go in my opinion.

OMI100

Gene,

I noticed that the information you added from Dr.Rouzier states:
IMPORTANT:
DHEA Serum Levels
MEN
· Range 100-600
· Optimal 500-600

That looks to be 2 times the upper range on the stadard DHEA-S test of (51.7 –295).

Is Dr. Rouzier suggesting shooting for a ranges of about 2 times the upper limit?

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Gene,

I noticed that the information you added from Dr.Rouzier states:
IMPORTANT:
DHEA Serum Levels
MEN
· Range 100-600
· Optimal 500-600

That looks to be 2 times the upper range on the stadard DHEA-S test of (51.7 –295).

Is Dr. Rouzier suggesting shooting for a ranges of about 2 times the upper limit?

Yes, he is!!!

That's where I am living right now and I feel fantastic!

tmckenzie

I have been taking Micronized for months trying to get mine up. It is stuck around 150. Dr. Had it compounded with my t this time. It has to go up now I would think.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I have been taking Micronized for months trying to get mine up. It is stuck around 150. Dr. Had it compounded with my t this time. It has to go up now I would think.

If you are taking micronized slow release of both DHEA and Preg you should see a nice lift on your DHEA-S labs.

Don't get the Pregnenolone lab test...they are expensive and wildly inaccurate even the new urine panel.

OMI100

I bumped up to 50mg times 2 per day. Will do labs in a few weeks and see where I am at and will post. I will have been on that dose for around 30 days so should be leveled out and steady .

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me