Buy Lab Tests Online

10452km2

Hi All! I am female 34 yrs old. I got a full lab testing with hormone panel because I am mainly dealing with low libido and pre-menstrual anxiety. Before my cycle I just go thru a dark phase, I feel im in a weird head space and life is so gloomy. Its cyclical happening almost every month.

All other aspects of my life are doing well. I sleep well, I eat clean and have been dieting for about 6 months. I do have muscle but I would like to lean out a bit more so I am continuing the diet and lifting/cardio.

Problem is I cant tell if my libido is low because I have no desire or if I am just too lazy to get up and do it. My ferritin level is low so the doctor says that contributes to low energy. Was also told to take Vitamin D to help bring levels up and b12 vitamins also. So I will start taking those.

My total testosterone level was in range based on the test level range, but not optimal. My score was a 22 and Quest gives a range of 2 - 45. But I was told my score is still low and needs a boost. My free T was 2.1 the range is 0.1 - 6.4. Still kinda low. My estrogen was good at 181, but my progesterone was a bit low at 1.7, the range is 2.6 - 21.5. I was told im estrogen dominant. My cycles are all very normal.

For testosterone, I was prescribed either cream or injections. For the cream the dose I was given is 10mg/ml cream - 2 clicks to skin. Or if I choose injections, it is Test cypionate- Inject 0.08mL. Or I could start on 0.05mL if im too worried to start 0.08. Im thinking the cream is better (i dont have kids or pets so transfer isnt an issue). Im kind of afraid to do injections. But i read injections are optimal over cream, but cream could possibly work.

I voiced my concern about starting TRT as I am still young and dont know how comfortable I am with this. I am afraid of side effects, acne, hair loss, weight gain, it messing with my cycle (i dont want kids) and increased estrogen. I was told if Im not comfortable with TRT, I could start DHEA 5mg daily and see if DHEA will raise my testosterone level, and maybe take DIM to reduce estrogen level if it shoots up. I dont know if im comfortable with my estrogen going up. DHEA is a wildcard it seems.

I am in a dilemma. I dont want TRT to mess with my life with the side effects. I also dont wanna take DHEA and have it increase my estrogen. To be fair the doses I have been given are low and may not cause symptoms, but ive read many women complain of issues.

I understand this is all just predictions. We dont know what will happen until I try these methods. Im just frustrated. Isnt there anything else that can help libido? Anyone have any ideas? Should I just try DHEA alone and see what it does? If it causes side effects, then just stop it? But then what do I do? Do I then try the next step which is to do the cream? But if DHEA causes side effects doesnt that mean TRT will also cause side effects. So confused.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Smokin Joe

Read up on Pine Pollen for women. Lost Empire Herbs.
My wife has been taking it for several months now and feels good when taking it regularly.
Strong libido.
May be an option for u.
Let us know how it goes either way.
S.J.

Systemlord

I eat clean and have been dieting for about 6 months.
Dieting is a fool's errand, restricting nutrition, starvation isn't the answer. Dieting can be more harmful and unhealthier to people than beneficial.

As someone who's had low ferritin, no libido is par for the course. There are all sorts of metabolic abnormalities with low ferritin/iron.

If you want minimal risk to side effects on TRT, -> 2.5 mg twice weekly.

Last edited:

Guided_by_Voices

Hi All! I am female 34 yrs old. I got a full lab testing with hormone panel because I am mainly dealing with low libido and pre-menstrual anxiety. Before my cycle I just go thru a dark phase, I feel im in a weird head space and life is so gloomy. Its cyclical happening almost every month.

All other aspects of my life are doing well. I sleep well, I eat clean and have been dieting for about 6 months. I do have muscle but I would like to lean out a bit more so I am continuing the diet and lifting/cardio.

Problem is I cant tell if my libido is low because I have no desire or if I am just too lazy to get up and do it. My ferritin level is low so the doctor says that contributes to low energy. Was also told to take Vitamin D to help bring levels up and b12 vitamins also. So I will start taking those.

My total testosterone level was in range based on the test level range, but not optimal. My score was a 22 and Quest gives a range of 2 - 45. But I was told my score is still low and needs a boost. My free T was 2.1 the range is 0.1 - 6.4. Still kinda low. My estrogen was good at 181, but my progesterone was a bit low at 1.7, the range is 2.6 - 21.5. I was told im estrogen dominant. My cycles are all very normal.

For testosterone, I was prescribed either cream or injections. For the cream the dose I was given is 10mg/ml cream - 2 clicks to skin. Or if I choose injections, it is Test cypionate- Inject 0.08mL. Or I could start on 0.05mL if im too worried to start 0.08. Im thinking the cream is better (i dont have kids or pets so transfer isnt an issue). Im kind of afraid to do injections. But i read injections are optimal over cream, but cream could possibly work.

I voiced my concern about starting TRT as I am still young and dont know how comfortable I am with this. I am afraid of side effects, acne, hair loss, weight gain, it messing with my cycle (i dont want kids) and increased estrogen. I was told if Im not comfortable with TRT, I could start DHEA 5mg daily and see if DHEA will raise my testosterone level, and maybe take DIM to reduce estrogen level if it shoots up. I dont know if im comfortable with my estrogen going up. DHEA is a wildcard it seems.

I am in a dilemma. I dont want TRT to mess with my life with the side effects. I also dont wanna take DHEA and have it increase my estrogen. To be fair the doses I have been given are low and may not cause symptoms, but ive read many women complain of issues.

I understand this is all just predictions. We dont know what will happen until I try these methods. Im just frustrated. Isnt there anything else that can help libido? Anyone have any ideas? Should I just try DHEA alone and see what it does? If it causes side effects, then just stop it? But then what do I do? Do I then try the next step which is to do the cream? But if DHEA causes side effects doesnt that mean TRT will also cause side effects. So confused.
Welcome!

I'm far from an expert on female physiology but here are a few thoughts..

- I assume you're not on the pill, but if you are, it/they are known to change the nature of libido for many women in the direction of less interest and/or interest in less desirable men. Check out the book Your Brain on the Pill or the podcasts with the author. There is one on Dave Asprey's site that I thought was very interesting.
- I have seen online comments of DHEA improving libido in women, but I also believe it converts to estrogen in women. Pregnenolone and Progesterone might also be worth an experiment.
- "Dieting" could mean a lot of things but in general, a low-calorie state is a signal to the body that it's not a good time to reproduce. You might try higher calories within an 8-10 hour feeding window and see how you do with that. Also, many women do not do well with ultra-low carb which can cause thyroid issues in some cases.
- I suggest the book Perfect Health Diet as a diet home base, and then fine tune from there. Many men benefit from what I'll call the "Carnivore with moderate carbs" diet so that is a flavor of PHD to try.
- Trying to do two stressful things at once (increase muscle and decrease body fat) is a recipe for systemic "over-training" which is, at least in men, a libido stopper. You might consider a "de-load" for a couple of weeks and see if that helps. Shifting towards fairly brief workouts, at least until your libido is back, may also be helpful
- If you have signs of excess cortisol, that will need to be addressed
- If you have any reason to believe you have a chronic infection of some sort or mold exposure, you may have a form of chronic fatigue which the lack of sex drive is a side-effect from
- PT-141 or Melanotan II are both well-known to increase libido in women and are easily available w/o prescription, however if any of the above were issues, you would just be putting a temporary fix in place without addressing the underlying issue. That could certainly be a reasonable thing to do, but you would still want to look for root causes. On the other hand, sun exposure increases libido in many people and MT II could be considered "injectable sunshine", so if you're somewhere with decent sun exposure you certainly would not want to avoid the sun.
- I would think a TRT experiment would be relatively low risk, but again it might not be the root cause. Women's bodybuilding discussion boards likely have lots of info on the risks, but I have not heard of women who stop T having any issues, unlike men where it can be a real problem.
- A diet very low in Salt or other essential vitamins/minerals can cause libido issues (as discussed in the book the Salt Fix)
- If you have some sort of unresolved emotional trauma, I can see that being an issue that would be hard for physical solutions to overcome, but only you would be able to determine that.

Ok, Good Luck!

Last edited:

GreenMachineX

Dieting is a fool's errand, restricting nutrition, starvation isn't the answer. Dieting can be more harmful and unhealthier to people than beneficial.

As someone who's had low ferritin, no libido is par for the course. There are all sorts of metabolic abnormalities with low ferritin/iron.

If you want minimal risk to side effects on TRT, -> 2.5 mg twice weekly.
How does one lose bodyfat without restricting calories, i.e. dieting?

GreenMachineX

My wife has been on 10mg test cyp per week for around 8 weeks and only has had positives, no side effects. So, I think that's .05mL once per week. I do the injections for her though.

Guided_by_Voices

- Shift the gut microbiome in a healthy direction
- reduce cortisol if necessary
- Add muscle mass
- Shift the body toward a fat-burning state via diet and meal timing
- Increase anabolic hormones
- Use Time Restricted Eating
- Improve micronutrient status (which often reduces hunger)
- Increase metabolic rate
- Supplement with something from the growth hormone family (this may be different for women)
- Increase low-stress activity (walking)

Systemlord

Exercising and the carnivore diet. I eat until I’m full while still continuing to lose weight.

If you have to go on a diet, restrict food intake, it’s most likely because you’re eating the wrong foods to begin with, hence, the need to diet. If you eat the right foods, you don’t need to diet.

I’ve been eating only meat for 6 weeks, and what an amazing transformation!

GreenMachineX

- Shift the gut microbiome in a healthy direction
- reduce cortisol if necessary
- Add muscle mass
- Shift the body toward a fat-burning state via diet and meal timing
- Increase anabolic hormones
- Use Time Restricted Eating
- Improve micronutrient status (which often reduces hunger)
- Increase metabolic rate
- Supplement with something from the growth hormone family (this may be different for women)
- Increase low-stress activity (walking)
But all of those things create an energy deficit at a certain caloric threshold, meaning diet...isn't the point to not be in too much of a deficit to disrupt hormone production, metabolic rate, etc? For example, if my wife is 160lb right now, and optimizes all those things you mentioned, she'll lose weight, but it's still from an energy deficit, otherwise known as a diet?

RobRoy

Change clinics because wherever you're going, has no idea how to treat women. You're pre-menopausal and so your estrogen is going to be low for half the month and half for half the month. Leave estrogen alone

DHEA in someone your age has a high likelihood of causing acne, and will be converted to testosterone in women so all the side effects you want to avoid you may get by taking DHEA.

Your best friend when you are pre-menopausal and having anxiety prior to your menstrual cycle is going to be micronized progesterone. You can literally take it up to four times per day and it is best absorbed, utilizing a sublingual troche. You can use a capsule at night because it does cause drowsiness and so it can assist with sleep. It's great for treating migraines, as well as anxiety, as well as premenstrual syndrome syndrome.

Sounds like your clinic has recommended everything except what you need

Guided_by_Voices

An energy deficit is not the same as a diet. If I correct a thyroid issue and my metabolic rate goes up, the energy balance shifted but I did not diet. If I shift my body toward a fat-burning bias, which is part of what TRE/fasting does, I will be more likely to burn fat than glycogen at the same caloric intake. If I shift the micro-biome toward less energy absorption, I did not diet.

10 years or so ago before I understood any of this, I tried a traditional diet and after about a week or so my libido and strength were in noticeable decline. As Dr. Fung says, "the holy grail of fat loss is maintaining or increasing metabolic rate", but pure calorie cutting usually does the opposite.

Also, the re-composition affect of anabolics does not work exclusively through the energy pathways. They apparently affect stem cell transition among other things shifting the balance toward muscle and away from fat.

GreenMachineX

An energy deficit is not the same as a diet. If I correct a thyroid issue and my metabolic rate goes up, the energy balance shifted but I did not diet. If I shift my body toward a fat-burning bias, which is part of what TRE/fasting does, I will be more likely to burn fat than glycogen at the same caloric intake. If I shift the micro-biome toward less energy absorption, I did not diet.

10 years or so ago before I understood any of this, I tried a traditional diet and after about a week or so my libido and strength were in noticeable decline. As Dr. Fung says, "the holy grail of fat loss is maintaining or increasing metabolic rate", but pure calorie cutting usually does the opposite.

Also, the re-composition affect of anabolics does not work exclusively through the energy pathways. They apparently affect stem cell transition among other things shifting the balance toward muscle and away from fat.
It's the same thing...if all those things are correct, and one isn't losing weight, then you must restrict calories. Your likely assuming a bigger deficit then what I'm talking about I guess. If what you're saying was accurate, then I'd be 215lb at less than 10% BF, but at some point, calories matter. Thus, my BF is more like 20%. All those other things are fine...the only answer left is not eating as much as I did before.

MarcoFL

2.5mg 2X per week of T cypionate puts my 59 year old wife at or over the top of range. She has been on injections for 1.5 years and much more effective than cream. She has very strong Sex Drive! probably average 3-5 times a week. No kids at home really helped years ago. Be realistic for your age and a busy schedule you might have as a young woman.

jnde207

I have taken dhea and actually have a bottle now and it seemed to work kind of quick, but that was 10 years ago, but I bought a bottle recently for pct assist, just in case.
Of course I would suggest injections but I would go with sustanon BUT it requires more frequent injections unless you get done with enanthate, cyp, or decanoate in it as the larger dose, typically 140mg to 200mg, then they other esters will be quick esters which is good also, I myself would inject everyday but I chose test e, but I keep test propionate around in case it drops before my next injection but I haven't had to do that since I moved my injections to every 5 days instead of once every week.
I would say take an oral but you'll end up worse cause your natural test will shutdown eventually. Creams and gels aren't my forte cause they aren't exactly accurate or stable.
A lot of men died from heart problems cause one dose would be weak and the next would be very concentrated, so be careful with that.
I will say that since you should only have to take a very small dose of test, just use an insulin needle and I think you'll be fine. Now you can do subq injections, I don't like those cause my body doesn't like them, lol, but they are pain free, I just knot up really bad, but some ppl choose them over intramuscular.
Either way you decide to go, just be safe.

t_spacemonkey

i tried to optimize my wife, we finally started TRT + progesterone 100mg for last 2 week of cycle
before:
DHEA gave her acne, but the dose was too high. you can try 5-10mg
citrulline does seem have a mild effect
gym - weight lifting (little cardio) does help
and finally a guy who can do his part properly

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones