Anxiety after injections. Will it go away?

Buy Lab Tests Online

IdahoGB

Hi guys, I hope you’re all doing well. I’m new here because I’ve looked and looked and can’t come up with answers as to what I should do. I’m a 22yo man with low-T. I’m 6’ 7” and 325lbs. Since I was 17, I was on a generic compounded T-cream that worked great. I’ve been seeing a urologist at Johns Hopkins who took me off of testosterone replacement 1 year ago and out me on 1mg daily anastrazole. In October-November 2018 he put me on a combination of injectable HCG every other day for a month and 1ml of Test-Enanthate every 7 days in preparation for a MicroTESE surgery(Which was successful!).

The only side effect I noticed while I was on the HCG/Test injections, was fatigue for most of the day after the HCG.

I continued the Test Enanthate Injections as my TRT one month after the surgery, but had pretty bad flu-like symptoms and bad anxiety bouts for a week after each injection.

I switched to Test-Cypionate in a cottonseed oil carrier because I, my doctor, and my pharmacist thought it could be a reaction to the grape seed oil in the Enanthate mix.

I did my first injection of the Cypionate mix 6 days ago. The first two days were great, but as the days went on, my random anxiety bits grew worse. I can be in the middle of a chore or job and have an instant cold sweated, gut churning fear of almost anything, and then I’m fine for awhile.

Can anyone help me understand what could be happening here? I’ll be due for an injection tomorrow, but don’t want to do it unless this anxiety problem will fade as I continue my treatment? What can I do about it and what should I ask my doctor?

Sorry for the long winded post. Thank you guys very much in advance!

-Brent

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
What is your history with anxiety related behaviors? Diagnosed, or not. In most every instance the guy that experiences the anxiety such as this the anxiety exists outside of TRT and this part of it is just what the guy becomes fixated upon. So it's not the injection, or hormones, per se, but just generalized anxiety that manifests itself like this.

Too, guys have reactions to carrier oils, like grapeseed or cottonseed, try switching one or the other. Though a 2 day delayed reaction wouldn't make sense if an allergy to the oil existed.

Vince

Super Moderator
I would consider going back to the testosterone cream. Sounds like it was really working for you.

Sean Mosher

What Vince Carter said.
I would also look into Magnesium supplementation along with Pregnenolone.
Talk with your doc........guys can have a large amount of anxiety if they are extremely deficient in those 2 areas.

IdahoGB

Wow thanks guys! As for pre-existing anxiety, I’ve always been a worrier, but never clinically dianosed with anxiety. It just seems like the shot amplifies any small concern into a big one. As the week has gone on, I can feel my morale going back up it seems.

I’ve already switched from the T-Enanthate which was grapeseed oil to the T-Cypionate which is cottonseed. Yeah, usually an allergic reaction is right away and really apparent. I don’t have any surface reaction after the shot. When I started taking the shots again after the surgery, I thought it could’ve been test flu, but the random anxiety was weird as I’ve never had that kind of reaction before.

Before my surgery, my endocrinologist at Johns Hopkins suggested Testim as an alternative to the compounded cream I had been on. The endocrinologist however, turned the control of TRT to the urologist for awhile. The urologist said he preferred I was on injections since they are more effective... but that Testim is looking pretty good now!

What kind of magnesium or pregnenalone supplements would you recommend?

Thank you guys very much!

Sean Mosher

Don't go rogue without your doc, but ask him/her about Pure Encapsulations, Life Extension or other top quality brands (Magnesium Glycinate).

CoastWatcher

It frustrates me to read of yet another patient who is happy (you used the word "great" in describing your success with a topical application) being forced to make a change. Topicals failed me miserably, but they worked for you. Respect the results.

IdahoGB

Cool! Yeah, I ask him before I try anything. I don’t exactly want to self experiment with TRT. This is one the best and most helpful doctors I’ve had, so I completely trust him... just not my reaction to things. How do preganalone and magnesium supplements play into hormone replacement?

Sean Mosher

When you start TRT you obviously suppress your natural production.
So for most guys DHEA and pregnenolone drop.
Some guys never need to supplement with those for some reason, but others need to backfill those pathways in order to feel their best.
I personally use both.

As far as the magnesium, I can't explain the technical/scientific reasoning, but the testosterone conversion process apparently is heavily magnesium dependent.
Maybe this explains it better.........
The Interplay between Magnesium and Testosterone in Modulating Physical Function in Men.

You can always have all of your nutrient levels tested including Magnesium using things like SpectraCell.

I've never experienced this myself, but have heard it explained that a small percentage of guys that are heavily magnesium and/or pregnenolone deficient can experience a significant amount of anxiety. Obviously there are many other reasons that can contribute as well, but ruling these 2 out by addressing their deficiencies (if present) never hurts.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me