Underdosed generic Perrigo Test Cyp?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

backdr10

I’m a doc and I can tell you with 100% certainty that many generics are complete garbage . I too have had serious reactions and fluctuations in overall T levels when getting switched from one generic to the
next and I to fight like a mad man and threaten the insurance as I know who they are actually fearful of when switched to a generic because of the many medical issues I have and how severely I react . My doc is on my side and we discuss this issue amongst each other all of the time . Watson generic and brand (depo) from Pfizer are the only types I will use. You need to only look at the recent Sun pharma debacle with their recent generic Testosterone recalls . After many patients used their generic testosterone and were put at risk , the fda finally stopped imports of this garbage India derived drug along with their other drugs until they comply with FDA demands . Safety and quality has gone out the window and by the time our inept FDA catches up with poor or tainted batches of meds , we pay the price in more ways than one. Medicine has turned into an utter joke at this point dominated by corporate greed and overreach by insurance companies . Quality care has been sacrificed for quantity care and the almighty dollar and or shareholder stock price . One Only has to look at companies like UHC. While majority of stock prices suffer in bad economic times UHC soars because they continue to charge outrageous premiums/ deductibles while lying and not allowing patients tests or treatment due to preauthorizations. On paper they market their product as if a patient were to get all of the following treatment but never qualify to patients what the terms are to be allowed this same treatments. Bait and switch doesn’t even begin to describe how these companies operate and the lay person who truly doesn’t understand how insurance works finds out the hard way. Many of my patients end up putting out over $20000 out of pocket for monthly premiums and high deductibles before they can even start to beg for preauthorizations from the insurance for the most basic care . They also make docs prove medical necessity for everything, give allowances of care and afterwards rescind the coverage once it has been allowed in writing . They, like many others are a complete fraud , but continue make money hand over fist on the back of Ill patients - as if everyone doesn’t already know this ! Even if you end up in the ER because your insurance mandated you take a generic drug after years of doing well on the brand , the insurance will tell you , even though there is serious risk of dying from another reaction, that you should try a different generic because they refuse to pay for the brand that you have been successfully been using for years - knowing all too well that that all of the pharmacological testing on a brand drug is not performed on the generic that is allowed to have approximately a 25-30 variation in active ingredient along with a variety of different fillers which ultimately affect the overall pharmacological properties and metabolism of the generic version . Just because a generic has an active ingredient, hopefully close to the level of the brand, doesn’t mean that it will be metabolized in the same manner that the brand drug is. Nir will it mean that the patient may not have an allergy to one of the many excipients which compose the med. Not to mention the brand goes through three phases of clinical trials with post marketing adverse event reporting for years so as to Monitor the effects ; hence, the patent for 7 years . Generics do not . The money spent on generics are for the lawyers that line up after the brand’s patent runs out. The generic manufacturers Line up and file their lawsuits to gain access the brand formula and run to produce something that resembles it so they can spit out a money maker with little to know testing until enough patients complain or are harmed. Think the FDA CARES - think again . They do not employ enough inspectors to police facilities all over the world until there is a serious problem. It is a complete joke ! That being said there are genetics that are good and save lives because of their affordability for those that can not afford the brand and ultimately there can be a great deal of cost savings to the overall functioning of our healthcare system as the brands carry stupid monthly costs . But the overall quality control of the system is jaded. Just my two cents on the matter . Sorry for the long post .

backdr10

And when fighting with insurance companies - know this when it comes to preauthorizations and requests for brands (dispense as written ) many formularies will allow for brand if you have had a serious reaction or find a generic to be ineffective or affecting the overall continuity of you care . Insurance companies are not allowed to affect the overall continuity of your care ever. The medical provider making the decisions behind a desk and drying coverage has a license and that license can be lost . They can practice medicine and go against your doctors wishes especially if it affects the continuity of your treatment plan or is deleterious to your overall conditions - period. So when denied preauthorizations for meds which you need demand a medical provider license number and file complaints with the states dept of professional regulation and the states Insurance commission . Let them know that they can not dictate your care from behind a desk nor can they put your health at risk ! Again I am a doc , and you should hear my conversations with these fools about my rare disease treatments !

Gman86

I’m a doc and I can tell you with 100% certainty that many generics are complete garbage . I too have had serious reactions and fluctuations in overall T levels when getting switched from one generic to the
next and I to fight like a mad man and threaten the insurance as I know who they are actually fearful of when switched to a generic because of the many medical issues I have and how severely I react . My doc is on my side and we discuss this issue amongst each other all of the time . Watson generic and brand (depo) from Pfizer are the only types I will use. You need to only look at the recent Sun pharma debacle with their recent generic Testosterone recalls . After many patients used their generic testosterone and were put at risk , the fda finally stopped imports of this garbage India derived drug along with their other drugs until they comply with FDA demands . Safety and quality has gone out the window and by the time our inept FDA catches up with poor or tainted batches of meds , we pay the price in more ways than one. Medicine has turned into an utter joke at this point dominated by corporate greed and overreach by insurance companies . Quality care has been sacrificed for quantity care and the almighty dollar and or shareholder stock price . One Only has to look at companies like UHC. While majority of stock prices suffer in bad economic times UHC soars because they continue to charge outrageous premiums/ deductibles while lying and not allowing patients tests or treatment due to preauthorizations. On paper they market their product as if a patient were to get all of the following treatment but never qualify to patients what the terms are to be allowed this same treatments. Bait and switch doesn’t even begin to describe how these companies operate and the lay person who truly doesn’t understand how insurance works finds out the hard way. Many of my patients end up putting out over $20000 out of pocket for monthly premiums and high deductibles before they can even start to beg for preauthorizations from the insurance for the most basic care . They also make docs prove medical necessity for everything, give allowances of care and afterwards rescind the coverage once it has been allowed in writing . They, like many others are a complete fraud , but continue make money hand over fist on the back of Ill patients - as if everyone doesn’t already know this ! Even if you end up in the ER because your insurance mandated you take a generic drug after years of doing well on the brand , the insurance will tell you , even though there is serious risk of dying from another reaction, that you should try a different generic because they refuse to pay for the brand that you have been successfully been using for years - knowing all too well that that all of the pharmacological testing on a brand drug is not performed on the generic that is allowed to have approximately a 25-30 variation in active ingredient along with a variety of different fillers which ultimately affect the overall pharmacological properties and metabolism of the generic version . Just because a generic has an active ingredient, hopefully close to the level of the brand, doesn’t mean that it will be metabolized in the same manner that the brand drug is. Nir will it mean that the patient may not have an allergy to one of the many excipients which compose the med. Not to mention the brand goes through three phases of clinical trials with post marketing adverse event reporting for years so as to Monitor the effects ; hence, the patent for 7 years . Generics do not . The money spent on generics are for the lawyers that line up after the brand’s patent runs out. The generic manufacturers Line up and file their lawsuits to gain access the brand formula and run to produce something that resembles it so they can spit out a money maker with little to know testing until enough patients complain or are harmed. Think the FDA CARES - think again . They do not employ enough inspectors to police facilities all over the world until there is a serious problem. It is a complete joke ! That being said there are genetics that are good and save lives because of their affordability for those that can not afford the brand and ultimately there can be a great deal of cost savings to the overall functioning of our healthcare system as the brands carry stupid monthly costs . But the overall quality control of the system is jaded. Just my two cents on the matter . Sorry for the long post .
Wow, amazing amazing reply! Thanks so much for sharing all this. Extremely informative, and I really appreciate u breaking everything down like u did!

Devcon

I’ve had good luck with westward cyp and hospira cyp.

MarkLA

I have always been using generics and they have seemed to work. There have been several brands but when looking at the manufacturer info on the package, they all have been made by the same company in Portugal. I have been on TRT for years and get labs that reflect the dose I took.

I did get one bad vial over 10 years ago. My T very low. I reported it and the manufacturer checked the lot and said the vial they had was still good. Anyway, other than that one incident, generics have been fine for me.

Devcon

I have always been using generics and they have seemed to work. There have been several brands but when looking at the manufacturer info on the package, they all have been made by the same company in Portugal. I have been on TRT for years and get labs that reflect the dose I took.

I did get one bad vial over 10 years ago. My T very low. I reported it and the manufacturer checked the lot and said the vial they had was still good. Anyway, other than that one incident, generics have been fine for me.
Yes se

Yes any testosterone I’ve gotten that comes from Portugal has been good. That’s also where Watsons Test way manufactured which is now owned by Westward now I believe. Hospira is manufactured in the states it is good though. I think they are Pfizer’s generic.

Bennytrt

I was given Perrigo generic Test Cyp instead of Pfizer Test in error because my doctor forgot to put "no substitute" on the prescription and I didn't check right away after picking it up.

I started feeling off about a week after switching (had no idea it wasn't Pfizer Test anymore so placebo is out). After two weeks I ran some labs and on the same exact protocol (22mg/day) my Free T dropped from around 35ng/dL to 20ng/dL.

On daily injections especially there's no way that's natural variance in levels, it's a drop of almost 50%. I use equilibrium dialysis through Quest (from discountedlabs) for all my tests. Same time of day.

Anyone have a similar experience with generic Test or with that brand in particular?

I had the same issue with Perrigo a few years ago. If I recall correctly, I posted my experience here or somewhere else. The members were not believing me because they said there's no way a huge pharma company will under dose but I know my body. It turned out my labs proved my assumptions. I do no buy perrigo and haven't bought it for a long time.

Devcon

I just picked up my new script and they gave me Hikma. Which is fine. I knew they manufactured for other companies, but I didn’t know they distributed also.

Painjunky

For those that used perrigo, did you make an adjustment to correct your levels? or did just 86 the perrigo. I would guess around 20-30mg week would be needed.

Painjunky

There are two manufacturers of perrigo, one in US and the other in Portugal (same Hikma pharma as cipla) I assume maybe US manufacturer could be the one under dosed?

Jerajera

One drug that is glaringly different when comparing generic vs brand is tadalafil.
I don't take Adderall but there are also many people taking generic versions of it saying it's not same at all as brand name Adderall.

At some point when there's so much smoke you just have to start accepting at least the possibility that there's fire. Unfortunately most doctors will laugh at you, saying "bUt iT'S tHe SamE AcTIVe IngReDIenTs LOLOLOL!!".

One thing I've learned over the last 3 years of dealing with HRT and different doctors is that most medical practitioners teeter on the edge of mental retardation and are absolutely not to be trusted at all. If you can successfully tie your shoe laces you're much better off doing your own research and using them as drug dispensers.

madman

Super Moderator
I will, probably worth a try.

Ready to jump on this?

Let's see where it goes!

Dear -------

Reference Case PAD-2023-******

Thank you for contacting the Padagis Medical Information Department. We received your email regarding a potential product quality issue with TESTOSTERONE CYPIONATE INJECTION, USP CIII, as well as a decrease in your testosterone levels after the use of the product.

In order to assist you, our medical information department would like to learn more about your experience with this product and gather more information. Please contact the Padagis Medical Information department during normal business hours (8 am – 5 pm EST, Monday - Friday) by calling 1-866-634-9120 and reference case number PAD-2023-******.

Sincerely,
Padagis Medical Information Department.
Medical Information Phone: 1-866-634-9120
Medical Information Email: [email protected]

Attachments

• Testosterone Cypionate Injection PI (1).pdf
    483.9 KB · Views: 36

Jerajera

Ready to jump on this?

Let's see where it goes!

Dear -------

Reference Case PAD-2023-******

Thank you for contacting the Padagis Medical Information Department. We received your email regarding a potential product quality issue with TESTOSTERONE CYPIONATE INJECTION, USP CIII, as well as a decrease in your testosterone levels after the use of the product.

In order to assist you, our medical information department would like to learn more about your experience with this product and gather more information. Please contact the Padagis Medical Information department during normal business hours (8 am – 5 pm EST, Monday - Friday) by calling 1-866-634-9120 and reference case number PAD-2023-******.

Sincerely,
Padagis Medical Information Department.
Medical Information Phone: 1-866-634-9120
Medical Information Email: [email protected]

Thanks for putting this together. Just to make sure though, is Padagis the company making Perrigo? Mine says "Manufactured by Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing, Grand Rapids, MI".

Perrigo Test bottle.jpg

madman

Super Moderator
Thanks for putting this together. Just to make sure though, is Padagis the company making Perrigo? Mine says "Manufactured by Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing, Grand Rapids, MI".

View attachment 32494

You are good to go!

Click on the prescribing information link posted in the last 2 screenshots.
  • Packager: Padagis US LLC

From the package insert (leaflet) attachment in post # 10.
Screenshot (24145).png

Screenshot (24144).png

Screenshot (24142).png

Screenshot (24143).png

Devcon

I had the same issue with perrigo and Cipla after running pfizer for years. My total was down 200 ng/dL. My pharm can’t get it anymore. I will be trying Hospira next.
I can vouch for Hospira. It’s good stuff. Apparently it won’t be available until the end of June though.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me