Testosterone and HDL

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

I am almost 80 and still on TRT. My HDL is great. But there is more to the story.

At age 52 I almost died from a heart blockage likely due to unusually low HDL. After an angioplasty, my doctor treated the low HDL very aggressively using mostly huge doses of niacin. HDL more than doubled, and LDL was cut in half.

At age 70 my doctor suggested TRT to treat my osteoporosis after fosimax did not work. She prescribed 105 mg/week, but I upped that to 175 mg/week for more muscle size and strength. TRT worked and bone density is now in normal range. Muscle size and definition improved significantly. HDL remains just as good as before.

So, it is possible to take high dose TRT and maintain good HDL. At least in my case.
What dose of niacin do u currently take?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Jed Dorsey

I am almost 80 and still on TRT. My HDL is great. But there is more to the story.

At age 52 I almost died from a heart blockage likely due to unusually low HDL. After an angioplasty, my doctor treated the low HDL very aggressively using mostly huge doses of niacin. HDL more than doubled, and LDL was cut in half.

At age 70 my doctor suggested TRT to treat my osteoporosis after fosimax did not work. She prescribed 105 mg/week, but I upped that to 175 mg/week for more muscle size and strength. TRT worked and bone density is now in normal range. Muscle size and definition improved significantly. HDL remains just as good as before.

So, it is possible to take high dose TRT and maintain good HDL. At least in my case.
Just curious you didn’t mention hematocrit numbers how are they for you? I know mine are at high normal just at 100mg/wk if I try to add more it would definitely tip the scale for me

SkyWarn

My HDL pre TRT was persistently in the 32-34 range. since starting TRT 10 years ago it has dropped to 28. I stopped the AI and it went back up to 34. I can not get it to go up no matter what I eat and I tried everything. And I can't take niacin as I had an allergic reaction. I am also on HCG and was wondering if that plays any roles in HDL or Trigs

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
How long ago did you stop the AI? Are you overweight ? What other supplements are you taking ? Do you know if your sensitive estradiol normalized ?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Also, try NAC although you can no longer buy it on Amazon

SkyWarn

How long ago did you stop the AI? Are you overweight ? What other supplements are you taking ? Do you know if your sensitive estradiol normalized ?
Sorry I just seen your question. I stopped the AI after the labs with a 28 about 2 months ago, so I am curious if it will rise now. I will retest in a couple weeks. I have also stopped HCG. My Trigs have been high since being on HCG.Yes a little overweight.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me