Does Testosterone Make COVID-19 Worse?

Buy Lab Tests Online

pyater

Interested to see thoughts here. I am still wondering about the high prevalence of COVID-19 in males. What is it? Lifestyle choices - smoking, alcohol use, the likelihood of other comorbidities, like high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity?

Do you think TRT helps because of the prevalence in older males which are likely lower T. Not seen in high prevalence in teenage boys? Or does it raise the risk because of this TMPRSS2? I would love to see this studied or data gathered via EMR.

Welcome, the discussion here.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DS3

Interested to see thoughts here. I am still wondering about the high prevalence of COVID-19 in males. What is it? Lifestyle choices - smoking, alcohol use, the likelihood of other comorbidities, like high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity?

Do you think TRT helps because of the prevalence in older males which are likely lower T. Not seen in high prevalence in teenage boys? Or does it raise the risk because of this TMPRSS2? I would love to see this studied or data gathered via EMR.

Welcome, the discussion here.
This already has a thread. Search it.

Wilson7

Changing nothing unless there is sound evidence to show otherwise, your T would plummet. It would be nice if they looked at older men in NYC on HRT vs not on HRT, and mobidity and mortality from COVID vs treated men with estrogen to see if it helps because that shuts down endogenous T, so what is it, higher E or lower T or both? It's not that simple IMO, men = testosterone and women = estrogen = disease outcome. In fact, testosterone is the dominant sex steroid circulating in women. Median E2 in women 100 pg/ml, median T in women 400 pg/ml. The ratio is important as well. Only thing I'd change if I were still on it would be an aromatase inhibitor, I'd cut it out unless I had Sx of estrogen excess, not I think I do, but actual gyno for example.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

fifty

“ A repeated observation that disease severity and mortality rate of Covid-19 is significantly higher in male rather than female sufferers has led researchers to investigate the role of sex hormones in disease progression.”

So based on this they investigated and found that LowT increased disease severity despite them expecting the opposite result?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an emergency use authorization for the first at-home COVID-19 diagnostic test, which provides results in 30 minutes or less.

The COVID-19 prescription All-In-One Test Kit (Lucira Health) is a molecular, single-use test that detects SARS-CoV-2 using self-collected nasal swab samples in people aged 14 years and older who are suspected of having COVID-19 by their healthcare provider.

In a community sample, in which the test was compared with an FDA-approved, high-sensitivity SARS-CoV-2 test, the Lucira test achieved a 94% positive percent agreement and a 98% negative percent agreement. After exclusion of samples with very low levels of virus that possibly no longer reflected active infection, Lucira's test achieved 100% positive percent agreement, according to the company's website.

Wilson7

Thus far I've known a number of older men and women at the gym that are on HRT (T) and have had COVID. All mild cases with full recovery in 2 - 4 weeks, myself included.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Vince

Super Moderator
It seems or what I have read. If you have blood type o, you're better at fighting off covid-19. If you're a APO-E 4 you will struggle with fighting off covid-19.

Vince

Super Moderator

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale