COVID-19 - Anyone stopping TRT as a precaution?

Buy Lab Tests Online

pyater

Just curious to the group. Anyone stopping TRT out of an abundance of caution? Higher rate of male deaths?

Curious as to what others are doing with this protocol?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Paul M

Surely higher T levels would enable one to fight against the virus more than having low T levels. It doesn't escape my mind that those males in their 70's and 80's dying from the virus will on the whole have very low T levels.

Dansk

This would not be god advice at this time. There is no evidence pointing to T being a problem.
older men would likely be low, also likely to have diagnosed or un-diagnosed pre existing conditions.
I read articles talking about some preliminary studies from china, there is an enzyme produced in the lungs that men (in this case Chinese men) seem to have 2-3x more than women.
another real preliminary study in china using rats showed estrogen to be protective.

Keep in mind these were very small and quick studies they seem to have looked in a small number of people.

I will see if I can find the article, i read it on my phone and cannot remember where I got it from.

SilverSurfer

What nonsense! The best thing you can do is keep your health in optimal condition. Eat your fruits and vegetables, get some sunshine and exercise, and take your multi vitamin and maybe some vitamin C.

DS3

I was literally talking to my wife about this last night and hypothesized that the disparity in smoking rates between men and women, especially in Italy and China, can be convincingly correlated to increased incidence rates and decreased outcomes for men affected by COVID-19. Great article.

DarrinC

The article doesn't mention testosterone. It does mention estrogen:

"To Perlman, those dual findings strongly suggest that there’s something about estrogen that protects against the ravages of deadly coronaviruses — and he suspects it’s true for the new SARS-CoV-19 virus as well.

“Why does estrogen protect the woman, and how?” Perlman said. “We’d like to know.” Estrogen has so many important roles in the female body, “it’s hard to prove anything” about its specific protective powers, he said.

For most other lung diseases, men have a distinct advantage. Women have long been known to suffer complications and die of influenza at higher rates than men. They’re much more likely to develop autoimmune diseases of the lungs. And after accounting for men’s higher rates of smoking, women appear to be more vulnerable than men to lung cancer and emphysema."

DS3

The article doesn't mention testosterone. It does mention estrogen:

"To Perlman, those dual findings strongly suggest that there’s something about estrogen that protects against the ravages of deadly coronaviruses — and he suspects it’s true for the new SARS-CoV-19 virus as well.

“Why does estrogen protect the woman, and how?” Perlman said. “We’d like to know.” Estrogen has so many important roles in the female body, “it’s hard to prove anything” about its specific protective powers, he said.

For most other lung diseases, men have a distinct advantage. Women have long been known to suffer complications and die of influenza at higher rates than men. They’re much more likely to develop autoimmune diseases of the lungs. And after accounting for men’s higher rates of smoking, women appear to be more vulnerable than men to lung cancer and emphysema."
It does mention estrogen as a possible contributing factor to autoimmune response. However, they have no conclusive evidence to show what role it plays at this time, especially in terms of COVID-19.
However, it does beg the question...’if estrogen levels in women increase autoimmune response to certain viruses such as COVID-19, should men stop knocking down their E2 levels with Anastrozole during these time periods to increase their immune response?’

Rock H. Johnson

the plot thickens but how:

S1W

Several reports seem to indicate that high BP + Covid19 is a very bad combo.

So in regards to TRT: Stop? No. But if you're one of those guys that runs your dosage such that TRT causes BP to go up, that may/may not be worth addressing.

DS3

So in regards to TRT: Stop? No. But if you're one of those guys that runs your dosage such that TRT causes BP to go up, that may/may not be worth addressing.

No definitive evidence at this point of anything having any causal effects. Correlation isn't causation.

DS3

Far too many confounding factors associated with high BP to point a causal direction between outcomes of those who are infected with COVID-19 that have high BP versus those that do not. High BP is typically indicated in those with a hereditary predisposition and/or poor lifestyle factors that create system 'lack of health'. Further extrapolating this to TRT patients with HP due solely to TRT administration and not based on lifestyle factors (i.e. diet, sleep, exercise, stress, etc.) if grasping at straws.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me