Covid-19 and the Testes

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

This preprint explores the effects of Covid-19 on sexual hormone levels in men. The study finds that LH levels are elevated, FSH and testosterone levels are the same. And they hypothesize that Covid-19 impairs testosterone production, so the body boosts LH levels to compensate, bringing testosterone back to its previous level. Possibly there is some effect on sperm production, but this study did not look for that. As they note, the medical literature says that the testes are the tissue with the highest expression of ACE2 receptors in the body.

The full paper is downloadable at the linked url.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

S1W

As they note, the medical literature says that the testes are the tissue with the highest expression of ACE2 receptors in the body.

Does that mean that men on long-term TRT with suppressed testicular function have lower ACE2 expression?

Jinzang

I don't know and have doubts that the question has ever been studied. Before Covid-19 I had not heard of the ACE2 receptor and I don't understand why some tissues express it more than others. Orgasm, of course, is a function of blood flow, so perhaps that is the connection.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I bet eventually, when CRP decreases, testicular function will improve. I wish they had said how long these men have had full recovery.

Jinzang

There's an article in SCMP about this study:

Though still preliminary and not peer reviewed, the study is the first clinical observation of the potential impact of Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, on the male reproductive system, especially among younger groups.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me