Swapping red meat for herring, sardines and anchovies could save 750,000 lives, study suggests

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
This is complete nonsense and a good example of why people have become so skeptical of modern science. You can pry my red meat from my cold, dead hands.
There might be something to it? I have an old friend who had his total T checked when he was in his early '60s. He is a daily sardine eater. It was just over 1000. Not bad for a guy in a '60s

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
There might be something to it? I have an old friend who had his total T checked when he was in his early '60s. He is a daily sardine eater. It was just over 1000. Not bad for a guy in a '60s
Nothing against sardines -- if you like them, they're better for your health than any plant food. The problem is the premise that red meat is problematic for health and needs to be swapped out for anything else. In fact, the more red meat you eat, the healthier you'll be, right up to and including 100% of the diet as red meat.

camygod

Nothing against sardines -- if you like them, they're better for your health than any plant food. The problem is the premise that red meat is problematic for health and needs to be swapped out for anything else. In fact, the more red meat you eat, the healthier you'll be, right up to and including 100% of the diet as red meat.
Carnivores have become the new vegans with health claims like that

Melody68

These kinds of discussions are unfortunately always of little merit. People are guided by a belief bias; they automatically support a conclusion that is in sync with previously established values and preferences, while rejecting evidence to the contrary. In other words, they believe what they want to believe, and everything else is BS.

Phil Goodman

These kinds of discussions are unfortunately always of little merit. People are guided by a belief bias; they automatically support a conclusion that is in sync with previously established values and preferences, while rejecting evidence to the contrary. In other words, they believe what they want to believe, and everything else is BS.
That is true with most things, and when it comes to stuff like this even more so because of all of the BS that’s been put out over the years. The cholesterol scare. Telling people fats were bad but sugar is good. Dozens to hundreds of lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies for manipulating data and studies. The list goes on and on. And if anyone still had any faith in govt. agencies, pharmaceutical companies, and healthcare agencies before Covid…that is completely gone now. They constantly lied for years about what the Covid injections did and didn’t do and what Covid did and didn’t do. Only to walk away with record profits like they always do.

With regard to this study, it says they ran four models and ONE of them predicted the saving of hundreds of thousands of lives. What did the other models predict? What kind of data did they put into the different models. You can create a model which spits out anything you want, just like they’ve created models which show Covid injections saved millions of lives which is obviously an absurd claim. There was also a recent study which linked red meat consumption to an increase in diabetes. This is what passes as science these days. While they scream “trust the science!”. There’s an obvious demonization of red meat for some reason and a push towards everything from plant based to insects to now sardines. Makes you wonder powerful people are buying so much farmland(or just outright taking it from farmers in Europe) and pushing people away from what has been consumed for centuries and towards new diets.

Blackhawk

I absolutely believe this too because of my own belief bias!

I prefer to call that logic or fact though. ;>)

Systemlord

You can pry my red meat from my cold, dead hands.
My thoughts exactly!

In fact, the more red meat you eat, the healthier you'll be, right up to and including 100% of the diet as red meat.
All one needs to do is look at Hong Kong as an example. The highest red meat consumption in the world per capita, 20 ounces per person, per day and ranks #1 for longevity!

Last edited:

Belekas

nobody
My thoughts exactly!

All one needs to do is look at Hong Kong as an example. The highest red meat consumption is the world per capita, 20 ounces per person, per day and ranks #1 for longevity!
Lets not forget that its not the only thing they eat. A huge diversity of foods present. Also their healthcare system is free. Lots of walking and far less driving as per default active lifestyle. Same for the elderly. Always working, socializing, a lot less in retirement homes. Lower amounts of smoking. A lot of emphasis on health by the goverment. Highly spiritual. Meditation. Buddhism gives people philosophy so a lot lower stress. And probably a lot more just to mention a few. So it all adds up and its pretty much impossible to say what contributes the most. Probably synergetically everything.

Jim Marlowe

I don't intend to push my views on anyone, but I am now in the camp that there are no benefits to consuming Omega 3s or Omega 6s at all, whether in fish or fish oil supplements.
For more on that view, I can suggest three episodes from Jay Feldman's Energy Balance podcast, starting at Ep. 105.

Fernando Almaguer

I don't intend to push my views on anyone, but I am now in the camp that there are no benefits to consuming Omega 3s or Omega 6s at all, whether in fish or fish oil supplements.
For more on that view, I can suggest three episodes from Jay Feldman's Energy Balance podcast, starting at Ep. 105.
In fairness I have not watched the video but since taking omega 3s and even pharma vasepa. My triglycerides have gone down quite a bit.

Jim Marlowe

In fairness I have not watched the video but since taking omega 3s and even pharma vasepa. My triglycerides have gone down quite a bit.
I hear you. If your triglycerides are low and HbA1c is low, you're doing lots of things right, which is most important. Of course there could be confounders involved.
That said, the video is really one of three, and it's a fairly deep dive. Certainly the anti-Omega 3 and 6 view is by far a minority view. But there's so much "conventional wisdom" that is built on bs and shaky inferences. The Omega 3 stuff goes way back to mere speculation that eskimo and inuit had lower rates of heart disease. It wasn't true. Anyway, the three podcasts inlude show notes with reference to the research, for example this. "Fishing" for the origins of the "Eskimos and heart disease" story: facts or wishful thinking? - PubMed I put it out there if anyone's interested some day. Heh.

DorianGray

My favorite sardine:

Attachments

• Nuri Sardines.jpg
    Nuri Sardines.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 10

WestB87

While Omega 3s haven’t done a damn thing for any of my blood markers, taking them in tandem with a glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM supplement has done WONDERS for my chondromalacic joints. I’ve recently run out of my Omega 3s two weeks ago and thought “the Tri-Flex has been doing the work for my joint pain, I don’t need those expensive Omega 3s anymore” and lo and behold, my joint pains, crackling, creaking, and constant discomfort have been coming back. From my anecdotal experience, fish oils work well for joint issues, but not my blood markers.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me