Buy Lab Tests Online

mg707

I’m 47 years olds and suffered a depressive episode about 2 years ago. I was cycled through several Anti-depressants over several months and none worked. My testosterone was checked on 2 separate days in the morning and was found to be in the mid to low 100 range. I was started on TRT 1 year ago and weaned off anti-depressants about 6 months ago since they weren’t working. I take several supplements such as magnesium, vitamin D, fish oil, vitamin B12 and others. I’ve been exercising, eating healthy and have lost some weight. I’m still experiencing dysthymia, but it’s manageable.

I have a theory that the extreme stress, which likely drove excessive cortisol, depressive episode and anti depression medications were what suppressed my testosterone levels.
Now that I’m off meds and stress is being managed well and out of depression, I’m considering coming off TRT. Has anyone come off TRT and had testosterone levels get back in range because of regular exercise, better diet, better sleep and supplements or is it permanently shutdown?

I know many on here would say, if your doing well why come off? There are some side effects that I’m dealing with and managing, but would prefer not to be on injections if there is hope that T-levels can come back being off TRT.

Appreciate this forum and any experiences
you could share. Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

fifty

If you stop you will generally return to pre trt levels. I was on for a year and came off and am doing fine. One of my best friends came off too cold turkey and is fine too.

Systemlord

Now that I’m off meds and stress is being managed well and out of depression, I’m considering coming off TRT. Has anyone come off TRT and had testosterone levels get back in range because of regular exercise, better diet, better sleep and supplements or is it permanently shutdown?

You're 47 years old and testosterone has been on the decline since age 30, I think it's unrealistic to expect optimal testosterone at 47, you'll never get to a level you can achieve on TRT.

If you stop TRT, it can only go downhill from here. You just need to tweak things until your symptoms are resolved.

SilverSurfer

I’m 47 years olds and suffered a depressive episode about 2 years ago. I was cycled through several Anti-depressants over several months and none worked. My testosterone was checked on 2 separate days in the morning and was found to be in the mid to low 100 range. I was started on TRT 1 year ago and weaned off anti-depressants about 6 months ago since they weren’t working. I take several supplements such as magnesium, vitamin D, fish oil, vitamin B12 and others. I’ve been exercising, eating healthy and have lost some weight. I’m still experiencing dysthymia, but it’s manageable.

I have a theory that the extreme stress, which likely drove excessive cortisol, depressive episode and anti depression medications were what suppressed my testosterone levels.

I know many on here would say, if your doing well why come off? There are some side effects that I’m dealing with and managing, but would prefer not to be on injections if there is hope that T-levels can come back being off TRT.

Appreciate this forum and any experiences
you could share. Thanks!

Diabetics would prefer not to do injections either. Recovering addicts like myself would prefer not to take Suboxone either. People with other medical concerns would prefer not to take pills everyday too. You’re just like so many people I’ve met in recovery. They start feeling good and not depressed, or are clean and sober due to their recovery work and medical prescription interventions so immediately think they don’t need to/want to take their meds any longer, because it’s expensive/onerous/have side effects.

So knock yourself out! Get off TRT. Feel like shit. And waste 6 to 9 months while you yo-yo your hormones.

There are very few meds or treatments that have no side effects. The key is to minimize them and be consistent with your regimen.

mg707

Diabetics would prefer not to do injections either. Recovering addicts like myself would prefer not to take Suboxone either. People with other medical concerns would prefer not to take pills everyday too. You’re just like so many people I’ve met in recovery. They start feeling good and not depressed, or are clean and sober due to their recovery work and medical prescription interventions so immediately think they don’t need to/want to take their meds any longer, because it’s expensive/onerous/have side effects.

So knock yourself out! Get off TRT. Feel like shit. And waste 6 to 9 months while you yo-yo your hormones.

There are very few meds or treatments that have no side effects. The key is to minimize them and be consistent with your regimen.
Finest, congrats on your recovery, that ain’t easy so keep up the good work!
Second, I totally get what you are saying. People start feeling good because of the treatment they are taking, not independent of it, and if I were a diabetic or recovering addict, this would not be a question in my mind, I’d just stick with the protocols.
Difference is I’ve just seen other people on here post success stories about how they’ve changed certain factors in their lives, ate healthy, exercised, took certain supplements, lost weight and naturally boosted testosterone levels dramatically. Up until 45 years old, I had no problems with low T, but I just wonder if the combination of these unique factors drove it down temporarily: anti-depressants, unusually high stress/cortisol, obesity, eating junk food, not exercising regularly, not consistently treating sleep apnea. I’ve removed just about all of these factors, which are all known to suppress testosterone. Also, my pituitary, LH, FSH, Thyroid, everything else was perfectly fine, just low T.
I definitely don’t want to yo-yo my hormones and feel like shit, so if TRT is the solution, I’m willing to stay on it. But in my situation, my low T seems to be driven more by multiple temporary factors than a permanent condition.

cigpk

Finest, congrats on your recovery, that ain’t easy so keep up the good work!
Second, I totally get what you are saying. People start feeling good because of the treatment they are taking, not independent of it, and if I were a diabetic or recovering addict, this would not be a question in my mind, I’d just stick with the protocols.
Difference is I’ve just seen other people on here post success stories about how they’ve changed certain factors in their lives, ate healthy, exercised, took certain supplements, lost weight and naturally boosted testosterone levels dramatically. Up until 45 years old, I had no problems with low T, but I just wonder if the combination of these unique factors drove it down temporarily: anti-depressants, unusually high stress/cortisol, obesity, eating junk food, not exercising regularly, not consistently treating sleep apnea. I’ve removed just about all of these factors, which are all known to suppress testosterone. Also, my pituitary, LH, FSH, Thyroid, everything else was perfectly fine, just low T.
I definitely don’t want to yo-yo my hormones and feel like shit, so if TRT is the solution, I’m willing to stay on it. But in my situation, my low T seems to be driven more by multiple temporary factors than a permanent condition.
I don’t blame you. If coming off is what you feel you need to do, go for it. Maybe you’ll feel ok, maybe you’ll return to feeling terrible. Try and stick it out and see if you really are low T or if it was a combination of other factors causing it at the time.
If you return to feeling terrible despite all other areas of your health and life being in check, you will know TRT is probably the answer and you can go back on with confidence and not second guess yourself.

I was on TRT for 5 years and the entire time I questioned whether I should have tried to improve my health, get off SSRIs, improve diet/exercise before getting on. Go off, maybe feeling (potentially) fine or terrible and then you’ll know you gave your natural production a shot.

granted, I may not know what I’m talking about and I may not be realistic but for me, going on TRT for life needs to be a decision made with confidence. Otherwise you’ll just be wondering in the back of your head whether or not you made the right decision. That’s what happened to me atleast and I realize I don’t speak for everyone

mg707

I don’t blame you. If coming off is what you feel you need to do, go for it. Maybe you’ll feel ok, maybe you’ll return to feeling terrible. Try and stick it out and see if you really are low T or if it was a combination of other factors causing it at the time.
If you return to feeling terrible despite all other areas of your health and life being in check, you will know TRT is probably the answer and you can go back on with confidence and not second guess yourself.

I was on TRT for 5 years and the entire time I questioned whether I should have tried to improve my health, get off SSRIs, improve diet/exercise before getting on. Go off, maybe feeling (potentially) fine or terrible and then you’ll know you gave your natural production a shot.

granted, I may not know what I’m talking about and I may not be realistic but for me, going on TRT for life needs to be a decision made with confidence. Otherwise you’ll just be wondering in the back of your head whether or not you made the right decision. That’s what happened to me atleast and I realize I don’t speak for everyone
Great insights, much appreciated. Sounds like you were/are in a very similar situation and mindset as me. You said you were on TRT for 5 years, does that mean you aren’t on it now? How has it been going, were you able to get your natural production to an acceptable level? How long did it take?

cigpk

Great insights, much appreciated. Sounds like you were/are in a very similar situation and mindset as me. You said you were on TRT for 5 years, does that mean you aren’t on it now? How has it been going, were you able to get your natural production to an acceptable level? How long did it take?
Very similar situation actually except our age - I’m 29.
I got on TRT at 24 after getting sober from drugs and alcohol. My T was very low but I had afternoon labs only and my blood test showed some other issues going on like severe anemia, gut issues, vitamin deficiencies. I was on several antidepressants at the time, smoking, not eating right and only doing cardio for exercise.

I didn’t feel good and my GP said test cyp may help - I wanted a quick fix so I said let’s do it. It definitely helped me feel better but as time went on. I started to worry about being on it for the next 40-50 years knowing I got on without trying to clean up every other area of my life. I tried clomid after about 3 years in and felt terrible, discontinued that, and then immediately got back on injections when I hit a period of fatigue - I didn’t give my body any time to readjust and start producing T.

this time around, the same thing happened and I started to obsess over the idea that maybe I don’t need T and I need to give my body a real shot at natural production before committing to TRT for life.

I have been off Testosterone for 7 weeks, but I did do a two week period of hcg, then tamoxifen (which was god awful and I quit early after two weeks, deciding to just let my body do the work).

I feel fine right now but I know full well that I’m potentially going to hit a wall soon. The key is that I’m going to give my body a real shot this time. I’m not on any meds, vitamin deficiencies are in check, I’m lifting weights and eating very healthy. If 3-6 months pass and I feel bad, I’ll check labs and confirm that TRT may be the answer. People on this and other forums have pointed out how idiotic they think this is and that I’m just making a huge mistake. However, I’m fine with making this “mistake” if it helps me feel better about going on TRT for life.

mg707

Very similar situation actually except our age - I’m 29.
I got on TRT at 24 after getting sober from drugs and alcohol. My T was very low but I had afternoon labs only and my blood test showed some other issues going on like severe anemia, gut issues, vitamin deficiencies. I was on several antidepressants at the time, smoking, not eating right and only doing cardio for exercise.

I didn’t feel good and my GP said test cyp may help - I wanted a quick fix so I said let’s do it. It definitely helped me feel better but as time went on. I started to worry about being on it for the next 40-50 years knowing I got on without trying to clean up every other area of my life. I tried clomid after about 3 years in and felt terrible, discontinued that, and then immediately got back on injections when I hit a period of fatigue - I didn’t give my body any time to readjust and start producing T.

this time around, the same thing happened and I started to obsess over the idea that maybe I don’t need T and I need to give my body a real shot at natural production before committing to TRT for life.

I have been off Testosterone for 7 weeks, but I did do a two week period of hcg, then tamoxifen (which was god awful and I quit early after two weeks, deciding to just let my body do the work).

I feel fine right now but I know full well that I’m potentially going to hit a wall soon. The key is that I’m going to give my body a real shot this time. I’m not on any meds, vitamin deficiencies are in check, I’m lifting weights and eating very healthy. If 3-6 months pass and I feel bad, I’ll check labs and confirm that TRT may be the answer. People on this and other forums have pointed out how idiotic they think this is and that I’m just making a huge mistake. However, I’m fine with making this “mistake” if it helps me feel better about going on TRT for life.
Dude, none of this is easy or straightforward and what works for some doesn’t work for all.

If this were all straight forward there wouldn’t be so many questions and forum posts and combinations of treatment. it’s complex and there are a ton of variables at play

So it’s not idiotic at all and screw people that say that. You gotta be comfortable with your treatment, the side effects and everything else. Because of your age, you likely have better odds than me at making this work. Wish you all the best in finding what works for you physically and mentally. Both are key. Pulling for you!

cigpk

Dude, none of this is easy or straightforward and what works for some doesn’t work for all.

If this were all straight forward there wouldn’t be so many questions and forum posts and combinations of treatment. it’s complex and there are a ton of variables at play

So it’s not idiotic at all and screw people that say that. You gotta be comfortable with your treatment, the side effects and everything else. Because of your age, you likely have better odds than me at making this work. Wish you all the best in finding what works for you physically and mentally. Both are key. Pulling for you!
I appreciate that and likewise! Good luck with whatever you decide and all the best.

mg707

If you stop you will generally return to pre trt levels. I was on for a year and came off and am doing fine. One of my best friends came off too cold turkey and is fine too.
What were your pre-TRT levels and have your low T symptoms returned coming off TRT since you’ve gone back to those levels?

Charliebizz

I appreciate that and likewise! Good luck with whatever you decide and all the best.
Hey bro I’m 37. Started my low t journey at 26. Still haven’t fully committed to trt. I get so many side effects at higher doses and at lower doses not much symptom relief. So I’ve been off trt more then on over the past 10 years your not crazy. Trt isn’t as cut and dry as being a diabetic or a recovering addict. You can live a very normal life with low t. Maybe in the long run it’s no good because or the symptoms start to wear on you. But my natural t is 211. And I stil live a normal life. Just in more pain and more tired then I would like. But trt didn’t fix the much for me anyway. So don’t feel bad.

cigpk

Hi Cigpk- just wanted to check in to see how you’re doing off TRT. Hope all is well
So so. Some days are great - I feel back to normal and everything is smooth. Other days are rough - I feel brain fog, fatigue, no sex drive. Especially when I’m not sleeping.
Possibly going to get bloodwork done in a few weeks. I’m hoping to hold out until 2 months after discontinuing Tamoxifen. However, if I keep feeling worse I may get it earlier.
I’m currently off testosterone for 12 weeks, off Tamoxifen for 5.5 weeks

I feel like we all sometimes feel like this,i am 43 and have been on trt for 2.5 years and feel alot better,i am a health nut and have tried everything but i was just not feeling good and over a few years and 4-6?different labs my test was as low as 90 and as high as 400 but average was 250.I am on 80mg that i split twice,Wednesday night and Sunday morning.I have been on 100mg per week but feel better with 80mg.I think alot of guys want a magic dose and take way to much trt and to many other things.I like simple that way i can note how i feel in my logs.I keep all labs and notes.Theres times i want to jack up my dose for possible gains in muscle and energy but pull back remembering the long haul.

Charliebizz

I feel like we all sometimes feel like this,i am 43 and have been on trt for 2.5 years and feel alot better,i am a health nut and have tried everything but i was just not feeling good and over a few years and 4-6?different labs my test was as low as 90 and as high as 400 but average was 250.I am on 80mg that i split twice,Wednesday night and Sunday morning.I have been on 100mg per week but feel better with 80mg.I think alot of guys want a magic dose and take way to much trt and to many other things.I like simple that way i can note how i feel in my logs.I keep all labs and notes.Theres times i want to jack up my dose for possible gains in muscle and energy but pull back remembering the long haul.
do you feel a lot better on trt ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching