Xyosted Question

Buy Lab Tests Online

Booker Oso

Hello fellas,

My primary retired and I started up with a new PCP. She was okay with my TRT protocol. I didn’t know this before I left her office but she refilled my testosterone script with Xyosted. I did a search on this forum but didn’t find too much on it.

It’s expensive. With insurance, it was going to cost me $585. With GoodRx, I got my regular test syp for $36/month.

Anyone have experience with Xyosted?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Hello fellas,

My primary retired and I started up with a new PCP. She was okay with my TRT protocol. I didn’t know this before I left her office but she refilled my testosterone script with Xyosted. I did a search on this forum but didn’t find too much on it.

It’s expensive. With insurance, it was going to cost me $585. With GoodRx, I got my regular test syp for $36/month.

We have a few members on here that were on Xyosted.

You must have been on once-weekly injections using 100 mg TC/week if your new doctor decided for whatever reason to push the Xyosted TE auto-injector on you.

Not sure if you were already injecting sub-q when using the TC as most men on trt are using TC/TE and injecting IM (shallow/deep) or strictly sub-q.

Xyosted auto-injector comes in three doses .5 mL (50/75/100mg T) which uses testosterone enanthate pre-loaded into an auto-injector and is meant to be injected subcutaneously.

The recommended starting dose is 75mg T/week but most men end up moving on to the 100mg T/week dose to achieve a higher-end TT/FT level.

Rare anyone would be on the 50mg T/week dose as it would have your trough TT/FT level too low.

Even then many jump on the 100mg T/week dose when starting.

To be honest it would be much more sensible and cost-effective to stick with your old protocol using a 10 mL vial 200 mg/mL strength of TC and inject strictly IM or sub-q using an LDS fixed insulin syringe 27-31G various needle lengths than the Xyosted auto-injector.

The downfall with Xyosted is you are stuck with a set dose (50/75/100 mg T) let alone are forced into the once-weekly injection protocol.

It may be convenient for some but the majority of men on trt are using a 10 mL vial (200 mg/mL strength) of TC/TE and injecting anywhere from 100-200 mg T/week and even then some men are using <100 mg T whether once-weekly, twice-weekly (every 3.5 days), M/W/F special, EOD or daily.

Not only is it more cost-effective but more importantly you have the freedom needed to tweak your protocol (dose T/injection frequency) which is critical when trying to find what works best for you let alone the freedom to run a much higher TT/FT level if needed.

Unless your insurance covered it and you were content with the 100 mg TE/week protocol then do what you feel is best but even then personally I would not waste my time.

Much more sensible using the standard 10 mL vials (200 mg/mL) strength and drawing/injecting using an LDS fixed insulin syringe.....easy peezy!

I would be calling up your doctor and demanding your 10 mL vial.

Good chance she is getting a kickback pushing Xyosted on you! Testosterone Injection | XYOSTED® (testosterone enanthate)

Look over some of the threads when you have time:

Fortunate

Hello fellas,

I have a somewhat unusual perspective on Xyosted.

I would agree with @madman - it is much cheaper to buy enanthate in a multi-use vial, and Xyosted gives you limited options. That said, for unknown reasons, Xyosted is about the only injectable form of TRT that I tolerate. All others trigger headaches. I suspect it may be due to the lack of alcohol, but I am honestly not sure. Even Xyosted has given me some issues, but I am currently trialing it (again) and seem to be doing well.

Many medications that are expensive have affordability programs that make the drug cheaper. You can ask a local pharmacist about it. Meanwhile, under the supervision of my doc, I have been using Xyosted 50mg twice a week. It is not offered this way, and you can't really get insurance to cover it this way, but this dosing schedule makes better sense than 100mg once a week. Supposedly, the half life is different than the half life of enanthate in a vial, so some if this is trial and error.

My doc and I figured out a way to get insurance to cover one Rx/month (I use a coupon and get a discount, but it's still somewhat pricey) and I use another online pharmacy to pay cash for a second prescription. Overall, the price is still much higher than what you'd pay for a simple vial of enanthate, but it seems to be working for me. Eventually, I will meet my deductible, and the Rx will be 100% covered.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share my experience for perspective.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me