Is anyone using Xyosted?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Hi I am about to start using Xyosted 100mg weekly subcutaneous injections. is anyone here using it and what are your impressions on it? Thanks in advance :)

There may be a few on the forum that are using it but it is not common and it is fairly new to the market as it was only FDA approved for trt in September 2018.

The most common testosterone esters used for trt are enanthate or cypionate whether compounded or big pharma -Delatestryl (enanthate) or Depo-Testosterone (cypionate).

Xyosted is just testosterone enanthate in an auto-injector designed to be used for subcutaneous injection which would be no different than one using testosterone enanthate drawn from a vial using a syringe and injected subcutaneously - the only main difference is using an auto injector to inject as oppose to a syringe.

Not sure if your insurance is covering the full cost as Xyosted is expensive let alone you do not have the freedom of tweaking your dosage/injection frequency slightly if need be as the auto-injector only comes in 50/75/100 mg strengths.

Most men are started on trt at 100 mg/week.....although some do 50 mg every 3.5 days.

Most men on trt are using anywhere from 100-150 mg/week and in some cases 200 mg/week (not common) to achieve a healthy TT/FT level and there are also some that use even less than 100 mg/week to achieve such.

Top it off with the fact that depending on ones SHBG not everyone uses the same injection frequency as many are injecting weekly dose split twice weekly (every 3.5 days) and others M/W/F, EOD or even daily.

With Xyosted you are not only locked into using a set dose of T but you also do not have the freedom of injecting more frequently as the auto-injector was designed for once weekly T injections at a specific dose.

It would be far more sensible/cost effective to have your treating physician prescribe you Testosterone enanthate or cypionate whether compounded or big pharma which comes in a 10 ml vial in 200 mg/ml or 100 mg/ml strength (most are using 200 mg/ml strength).

You would than purchase 1 ml insulin syringes (fixed needle) either 27-31 gauge, 1/2 inch (12.7mm) or 5/16 inch (7.9mm).

Chipusa15

Hi I am about to start using Xyosted 100mg weekly subcutaneous injections. is anyone here using it and what are your impressions on it? Thanks in advance :)
Xyosted is awesome as I received samples of it from my dr but had to stop after 2 months because my insurance would not cover. The auto inject makes it so easy and you don't feel a thing and no site reactions. So darn expensive though.

BaronExcelsoPR

Xyosted is awesome as I received samples of it from my dr but had to stop after 2 months because my insurance would not cover. The auto inject makes it so easy and you don't feel a thing and no site reactions. So darn expensive though.
Thanks for the input. I am looking forward to easy injections at home. Have you tried their co-pay assistance card? Go to their website www.XYOSTED.com and follow the instructions on how to get one or ask your doctor for one. I got mine from the doctor. Good luck!

BaronExcelsoPR

Hi good news!! Their copay card really works! I just picked up a 90 day supply and paid $0 copayment with the Xyosted copay card! (I had $100 copayment.) It says right in the card that it’s good for 13 refills!! You should look into it especially if you did well on the medicine.

madman

Super Moderator
Hi good news!! Their copay card really works! I just picked up a 90 day supply and paid $0 copayment with the Xyosted copay card! (I had $100 copayment.) It says right in the card that it’s good for 13 refills!! You should look into it especially if you did well on the medicine.

So you now have a 90 day supply..... when first starting trt blood work will be done at 6 weeks to see how one responds to said dose of T and to see where it puts your TT/FT/E2, CBC (which includes hemoglobin/hematocrit) let alone looking at overall blood markers.

As I stated earlier most men on trt are started on 100 mg/week but in many cases it may not be enough to hit a TT level which will result in a healthy FT let alone provide one relief/improvement of low-t symptoms....in such case the T dose would be increased slightly say to 120 mg/week for the next 6 weeks and than patient would have blood work done.

Some doctors may prescribe a more drastic jump from 100-150 mg/week but it is much more sensible to start low and go slow as such a drastic jump in T dose would surely result in much higher TT/FT/E2 levels.

Many men on trt end up using 100-150 mg/week to achieve a TT which will result in a healthy FT that results in relief/improvement of the patients low-t symptoms.

Sure some men even use 200 mg/week (not common) and others <100 mg/week but it is more common for men to be using T doses in the 100-150 mg/week range.

What will you do if after 6 weeks when blood work is done and you end up being one that does not achieve a TT which will result in a healthy FT level on such dose 100 mg/week?

Where do you go from there when you are stuck with a 90 day supply of Xyosted auto-injectors (100 mg strength)?

How do you expect to increase your dose slightly if need be?

Sure you may very well end up achieving healthy TT/FT levels at such dose but it is not a given.

You would be wise to arrange a plan B to fall back on if need be!

madman

Super Moderator
This is the downfall of pre-set dosed Xyosted auto-injectors.....in many cases men on trt may need more than 100 mg/week to achieve a healthy TT/FT level let alone many men do even better splitting weekly T dose twice weekly and injecting every 3.5 days as it will result in more stable blood levels throughout the week.

To make matters worse not everyone on trt only injects once weekly or even twice weekly (every 3.5 days) as depending on ones SHBG many with lower SHBG tend to do/feel better injecting more frequently as in EOD or daily!

Did you even have your SHBG tested pre-trt and if so where does it sit?

madman

Super Moderator
Although Xyosted may seem convenient to some there is much more to the overall picture when treating a man for low-t.

Again some may do well using once weekly injections at said dose of Xyosted (100 mg/week)
but many would not!

BaronExcelsoPR

So you now have a 90 day supply..... when first starting trt blood work will be done at 6 weeks to see how one responds to said dose of T and to see where it puts your TT/FT/E2, CBC (which includes hemoglobin/hematocrit) let alone looking at overall blood markers.

As I stated earlier most men on trt are started on 100 mg/week but in many cases it may not be enough to hit a TT level which will result in a healthy FT let alone provide one relief/improvement of low-t symptoms....in such case the T dose would be increased slightly say to 120 mg/week for the next 6 weeks and than patient would have blood work done.

Some doctors may prescribe a more drastic jump from 100-150 mg/week but it is much more sensible to start low and go slow as such a drastic jump in T dose would surely result in much higher TT/FT/E2 levels.

Many men on trt end up using 100-150 mg/week to achieve a TT which will result in a healthy FT that results in relief/improvement of the patients low-t symptoms.

Sure some men even use 200 mg/week (not common) and others <100 mg/week but it is more common for men to be using T doses in the 100-150 mg/week range.

What will you do if after 6 weeks when blood work is done and you end up being one that does not achieve a TT which will result in a healthy FT level on such dose 100 mg/week?

Where do you go from there when you are stuck with a 90 day supply of Xyosted auto-injectors (100 mg strength)?

How do you expect to increase your dose slightly if need be?

Sure you may very well end up achieving healthy TT/FT levels at such dose but it is not a given.

You would be wise to arrange a plan B to fall back on if need be!
Very valid points Madman. Iwill keep in mind.

BaronExcelsoPR

This is the downfall of pre-set dosed Xyosted auto-injectors.....in many cases men on trt may need more than 100 mg/week to achieve a healthy TT/FT level let alone many men do even better splitting weekly T dose twice weekly and injecting every 3.5 days as it will result in more stable blood levels throughout the week.

To make matters worse not everyone on trt only injects once weekly or even twice weekly (every 3.5 days) as depending on ones SHBG many with lower SHBG tend to do/feel better injecting more frequently as in EOD or daily!

Did you even have your SHBG tested pre-trt and if so where does it sit?
I was getting 400mg of Cypionate once a month and was having lows and peaks. Doc is switching me to weekly 100mg to avoid that fluctuation. All my blood work markers have been good so far. I am gonna try the weekly and see how I feel. Thanks for the information it is really useful. Cypionate was also making my ankles swell up a bit a some nipple sensitivity. We are checking estradiol to see how is that going. Getting blood work in the next few days.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me