Visible hole in rubber stopper after fifth injection. Vial contaminated?

Buy Lab Tests Online

T-Bone

I've done 5 injections from this vial, after the last injection I noticed a small hole in the rubber stopper. The 4 times before that the stopper seemed to seal up completely. I use a 22g needle to draw.

Is this normal or is the vial possibly contaminated now?

It's a Pfizer 10ml vial, I'm supposed to take 5 more shots from it before getting the refill.
Hoping I don't have to go back to the pharmacy. They treated me like this was a prescription for heroin the last time I was there.

Attachments

• vial2.jpg
    vial2.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 129
  • vial1.jpg
    vial1.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

mooseman109

I do mot see a problem. That rubber is thicker than you think. But, i stopped usimg th elarger needles to draw up for that reason. Also i dont poke in the same spot each time

Vince

Super Moderator
There should be no issue with the small hole. I do daily injections and I actually try to reinsert the needle in the same spot every time.

madman

Super Moderator
I started TRT a month ago. I've done 5 injections, after the last injection I noticed a small hole in the rubber stopper. The 4 times before that the stopper seemed to seal up completely. I use a 22g needle to draw.

Is this normal or is the vial possibly contaminated now?

It's a Pfizer 10ml vial, I'm supposed to take 5 more shots from it before getting the refill.
Hoping I don't have to go back to the pharmacy. They treated me like this was a prescription for heroin the last time I was there.

I would not worry.....if anything why are you drawing with a 22 gauge (although it may be quicker) as it will be more prone to leaving a bigger hole in the neoprene rubber compared to using a fixed insulin syringe 27-31 gauge.

Even though you are only drawing once weekly (god forbid one was drawing daily or EOD with a 22 gauge) you would be better off switching over to using a fixed insulin syringe (draw/inject) with the same needle.....less waste and you eliminate the 2 step plus switching out needle if you are injecting with a different gauge.

T-Bone

Thanks for the replies.
I wasn't sure if the rubber stopper is supposed to seal up completely.
Didn't notice any holes until now.

It's not leaking and no signs of rubber inside the vial.

I have some 25g needles i'll switch to for drawing. I've been injecting with a 23g 1" needle (on BD 3ml syringe).
For some reason the plunger is slow to go down even with that gauge.
@madman
Do you know any good Canadian sites for insulin syringes?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me