Veggies doing more harm than good?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

I started getting palpitations and flutters about 4 years ago. Didn’t know why and cardiologist said nothing wrong. Then I tried carnivore by accident when I first started keto and didn’t put it together that it got worse. I had tachycardia, heart palpitations and flutters that’s drove me nuts for a long time. Eventually added in lots of spinach, avocado, broccoli and cauliflower (I probably total >500g of all that) and problem solved. I don’t think it’s just the potassium because I’ll still get some heart pounding after eating a whole potato. Something about those veggies...

Just curious, were you eating organ meats at the time?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Tdizzle

I think it’s pretty obvious this day in age that there is a direct correlation between disease and the amount of animal products in a persons diet. If you look at how different cultures around the world eat and how lower their rate of disease is, it’s obvious that the western diet produces sick people , it’s hard to argue. The countries with lower rates of overall disease, they eat less meat. I can’t believe we are actually questioning wether or not vegetables are good for us.
I currently eat meat but at one point I was a vegetarian and I often ask myself why I ate meat again. I have lab results that prove my health improved. My cholesterol went down dramatically , blood pressure stabilized and my blood sugar decreased. I lost weight and I felt better then I ever had. Now that I’m eating meat again , my labs look just like they did before. Anyone ever heard of the The China study ?

The China Study - Wikipedia

Gman86

I think it’s pretty obvious this day in age that there is a direct correlation between disease and the amount of animal products in a persons diet. If you look at how different cultures around the world eat and how lower their rate of disease is, it’s obvious that the western diet produces sick people , it’s hard to argue. The countries with lower rates of overall disease, they eat less meat. I can’t believe we are actually questioning wether or not vegetables are good for us.
I currently eat meat but at one point I was a vegetarian and I often ask myself why I ate meat again. I have lab results that prove my health improved. My cholesterol went down dramatically , blood pressure stabilized and my blood sugar decreased. I lost weight and I felt better then I ever had. Now that I’m eating meat again , my labs look just like they did before. Anyone ever heard of the The China study ?

The China Study - Wikipedia

It’s not obvious at all actually. Quite the opposite. From my understanding it seems very obvious that eating animals from nose to tail is most likely the optimal diet for humans, and for health/ longevity. The China study is a joke. It’s been debunked many times over.

I personally don’t care what type of eating people decide to do. All I care about in life is being as happy as I can, and helping others around me be as happy as they can. What people choose to put in their body has no effect on my happiness, so I couldn’t care less what other people eat or don’t eat.

We only live once, and only get one body, and I plan on living to at least 120, but most likely closer to 150. 120 is minimum. 120 to me is like people trying to live to 90. But anyways, im always researching and learning how to feel my best, for as long as humanly possible. And all my research is pointing towards the optimal diet consisting of mainly eating animals from nose to tail, with a few seasonal fruits and low toxin veggies sprinkled in. That’s just my current understanding. I’m always willing to change my views based on new information.

Clearly you haven’t watched any of Dr. Paul Saladino’s videos. Like I said, I’m not trying to get anyone to change their views on what’s an optimal way for humans to eat, but it’s extremely hard to watch these videos below, and be able to say with a straight face that eating grassfed animals nose to tail is doing anything but increasing health/ longevity. Dr. Saladino only cares about how to live as optimal as possible, and prevent disease through diet and lifestyle changes. He’s been a vegan, he’s eaten keto, and he now has realized being carnivore is as close to the optimal diet for humans as he’s come across. He explains why better than probably anybody on the planet. The man is a robot. I’ve never heard someone explain things so intelligently before. Nobody even comes close.

Gman86

No, do you think that would’ve mattered?

I really do. Eating mainly carnivore without eating organ meats is setting urself up for failure. It’s just not how our ancestors would of done it for millions and millions of years. Organs are nature’s multivitamins. Specifically the liver. Our bodies weren’t designed to eat only muscle meat without the organs. The ratios of vitamins and minerals would eventually be imbalanced if we got most of our vitamins and minerals just from muscle meat. Regardless of whatever diet someone chooses, eating the organs of animals fed their natural diet is mandatory, imo. At least if you want to be as healthy as possible. It’s impossible for a human to create a pill or capsule that will ever come close to improving our health like eating organs will.

Tdizzle

It’s not obvious at all actually. Quite the opposite. From my understanding it seems very obvious that eating animals from nose to tail is most likely the optimal diet for humans, and for health/ longevity. The China study is a joke. It’s been debunked many times over.

I personally don’t care what type of eating people decide to do. All I care about in life is being as happy as I can, and helping others around me be as happy as they can. What people choose to put in their body has no effect on my happiness, so I couldn’t care less what other people eat or don’t eat.

We only live once, and only get one body, and I plan on living to at least 120, but most likely closer to 150. 120 is minimum. 120 to me is like people trying to live to 90. But anyways, im always researching and learning how to feel my best, for as long as humanly possible. And all my research is pointing towards the optimal diet consisting of mainly eating animals from nose to tail, with a few seasonal fruits and low toxin veggies sprinkled in. That’s just my current understanding. I’m always willing to change my views based on new information.

Clearly you haven’t watched any of Dr. Paul Saladino’s videos. Like I said, I’m not trying to get anyone to change their views on what’s an optimal way for humans to eat, but it’s extremely hard to watch these videos below, and be able to say with a straight face that eating grassfed animals nose to tail is doing anything but increasing health/ longevity. Dr. Saladino only cares about how to live as optimal as possible, and prevent disease through diet and lifestyle changes. He’s been a vegan, he’s eaten keto, and he now has realized being carnivore is as close to the optimal diet for humans as he’s come across. He explains why better than probably anybody on the planet. The man is a robot. I’ve never heard someone explain things so intelligently before. Nobody even comes close.

I’m not an advocate for any specific diet, its just silly to think vegetables are bad for us. Our ancestors ate fruits and vegetables for hundreds of years and now all of a sudden they reduce our health ?
I wonder why populations around the world who eat far less meat than americans , have less heart disease , metabolic syndrome, cancer, erectile dysfunction among those populations

Gman86

I’m not an advocate for any specific diet, its just silly to think vegetables are bad for us. Our ancestors ate fruits and vegetables for hundreds of years and now all of a sudden they reduce our health ?
I wonder why populations around the world who eat far less meat than americans , have less heart disease , metabolic syndrome, cancer, erectile dysfunction among those populations

You haven’t watched the videos. If you would just watch them, all your questions will be answered. Me explaining it is pointless. But to sum them up, our ancestors most likely did eat fruit seasonally, and vegetables during times when animal meat was scarce. But they only did this to survive, not because it was optimal. During times of plentiful meat, they most likely wouldn’t eat vegetables at all. Most vegetables have defense mechanisms to defend themselves against predators, which include us, that would be counterproductive for us to eat.

What populations are you referring to? Plenty of populations around the world suffer from the same issues Americans do, and at the same rates. But there’s way too many factors to compare us to other populations. All factors that have nothing to do with meat consumption. Honestly man either watch the videos and try to educate urself, or there’s no point in discussing this topic. Without u watching the videos, and understanding anything about how our ancestors ate for millions of years, it’s like talking to someone about chess that’s never played. Or talking to someone about karate that thinks they know what they’re talking about because they watched a fighting movie lol. You’re not stupid. You just lack knowledge on how your ancestors would have eaten, and why they would of eaten this way. Watch the videos and then we can discuss things further. Not saying you’ll want to eat mostly meat, but you’ll at least have a good understanding, and will be worth having a conversation about this stuff with.

Tdizzle

You haven’t watched the videos. If you would just watch them, all your questions will be answered. Me explaining it is pointless. But to sum them up, our ancestors most likely did eat fruit seasonally, and vegetables during times when animal meat was scarce. But they only did this to survive, not because it was optimal. During times of plentiful meat, they most likely wouldn’t eat vegetables at all. Most vegetables have defense mechanisms to defend themselves against predators, which include us, that would be counterproductive for us to eat.

What populations are you referring to? Plenty of populations around the world suffer from the same issues Americans do, and at the same rates. But there’s way too many factors to compare us to other populations. All factors that have nothing to do with meat consumption. Honestly man either watch the videos and try to educate urself, or there’s no point in discussing this topic. Without u watching the videos, and understanding anything about how our ancestors ate for millions of years, it’s like talking to someone about chess that’s never played. Or talking to someone about karate that thinks they know what they’re talking about because they watched a fighting movie lol. You’re not stupid. You just lack knowledge on how your ancestors would have eaten, and why they would of eaten this way. Watch the videos and then we can discuss things further. Not saying you’ll want to eat mostly meat, but you’ll at least have a good understanding, and will be worth having a conversation about this stuff with.

I did watch them , just because I don’t agree with you doesn’t make your point of view right and mine wrong.
it also doesn’t mean “I’m not trying to educate myself “ because I Disagree.
problem with people like you is you think you know everything because you watched a podcast. That dude isn’t the end all he all of human nutrition and another thing , I could care less.
your thread topic is about vegetables doing more
Harm than good and i disagree. That video didn’t prove anything

Rock H. Johnson

You are aware that all these people have been raised on the American diet, which is so bad that their health improved even on only eating animals from nose to tail. Look at the COVID-19 deaths, they have almost all the same thing in common, metabolic syndrome.
Jordan Peterson and his daughter, common western diet gave them inflammation so badly that just eating only meat is even better..... but what about longterm....any longterm studies?

BTW, do not get me wrong I am not against or a proponent of any way in anything but your way in life.

TestOneTwo

You are aware that all these people have been raised on the American diet, which is so bad that their health improved even on only eating animals from nose to tail. Look at the COVID-19 deaths, they have almost all the same thing in common, metabolic syndrome.
Jordan Peterson and his daughter, common western diet gave them inflammation so badly that just eating only meat is even better..... but what about longterm....any longterm studies?

BTW, do not get me wrong I am not against or a proponent of any way in anything but your way in life.
Might also be a question of genes. I for example have found out to my surprise that I have the dreaded Fatso (FTO) gene that predisposes me to obesity. I’m not fat, far from it but I would be if I didn’t train my ass off and watched my nutrition meticulously. Yup skinny fat I would be, to be exact, which is the worst so all skinny but a nasty visceral fat bloated round belly. I should be veeery careful with all carbs let alone simple ones like sugar. Protein rich is best for my health so quite a bit of meat involved next to plant based proteins but I could never ditch veggies completely or even carbs. I know people that do surprisingly well on carnivore and I know some vegetarians that seem to be doing well while others that look deprived.

Gman86

No I totally get what ur saying. And just like any intelligent and open minded person, I’m not married to this diet, or any other way of eating. But the long term studies have already been done. You just have to look back at how most of our ancestors ate for millions of years. Again, if I tried to explain it, it would be the equivalent of a 3rd grader trying to explain trigonometry. Just take the time to listen to the two videos with Paul saladino. You won’t regret it, I promise. He explains how humans have eaten evolutionarily better than anyone I’ve ever heard. I’ve never even heard another person explain it even remotely close to the way he does. I’m honest to god pretty sure he’s a robot. Idk how he remembers all the stuff he does, and has such amazing critical thinking skills, and also maintains an MD, that has barely anything to do with the things he’s discussing. And even if you have zero desire to learn about carnivore, the videos are still extremely informative and worth listening to.

Also, I get what you’re saying about anyone that goes from an American diet to cutting out most of the junk foods are going to feel better, regardless of whether they do carnivore or paleo, or veganism, or keto. Which is true. But do the research for yourself. Listen to all the podcasts of people reporting their experience. Watch all the YouTube videos. Just type in “carnivore experience”. And go down the list and watch them all. Read most of the comments of those videos and read about other people reporting their experiences. Go to Reddit and read all the experiences of people doing carnivore over there. I’ve done all of that everyday for quite a while now, and I’ve just never seen a diet unanimously curing people of chronic ailments like this before. People that were doing paleo, veganism, even keto. I lost count of how many anecdotes I’ve read of people eating healthy, exercising, and doing all the right things, and didn’t get rid of all their issues until they went carnivore. I’ve even read a ton of anecdotes about people that feel fine, and try carnivore, and figuring out that they didn’t even realize that they didn’t feel optimal, until they did carnivore. They didn’t realize they didn’t feel their best. With anything, I like to go by real world results. Whether it be hormones or diet. The body is so damn complicated, and a lot of how things are going to react in the body is guess work. That’s why I’m so intrigued by this diet. Because the real world results that people are reporting just don’t lie. And then you take the videos that Dr Paul Saladino is putting putting out, explaining in great detail, and with amazing intellect, why this diet is working so well for so many, it’s just hard to argue that this isn’t most likely how our ancestors ate for millions of years, and through evolution the type of eating our bodies evolved to prefer. Again, this isn’t going to make any sense unless u do all the research, and watch the videos. Which I don’t expect anyone to do. I know everyone has busy lives. But do yourselves a favor, and at least checkout the two videos I posted. You won’t regret it. I promise.

Gman86

Might also be a question of genes. I for example have found out to my surprise that I have the dreaded Fatso (FTO) gene that predisposes me to obesity. I’m not fat, far from it but I would be if I didn’t train my ass off and watched my nutrition meticulously. Yup skinny fat I would be, to be exact, which is the worst so all skinny but a nasty visceral fat bloated round belly. I should be veeery careful with all carbs let alone simple ones like sugar. Protein rich is best for my health so quite a bit of meat involved next to plant based proteins but I could never ditch veggies completely or even carbs. I know people that do surprisingly well on carnivore and I know some vegetarians that seem to be doing well while others that look deprived.

Very good point. Genes play a huge role. I’m still not sold on strict carnivore. There’s these girls called the strong sistas. They have a YouTube channel. And I believe they lost their periods doing strict carnivore. Which obv seems like a sign that their diet is lacking certain things. They have recently implemented specific low toxin carbs, with good success so far. Vegetarianism I can confidently say is absolutely not the optimal diet for humans. Maybe it can work for some, but how plants work, there’s just zero percent chance that a vegan or vegetarian diet is optimal for humans. I’ll put everything I have on that. And again, you’d have to watch the videos to understand why lol. I hate to sound like a broken record, but if you guys would just watch the two videos there would be zero people that would come out of it believing that being vegan or vegetarian is what our bodies prefer.

Last edited:

Rock H. Johnson

No I totally get what ur saying. And just like any intelligent and open minded person, I’m not married to this diet, or any other way of eating. But the long term studies have already been done. You just have to look back at how most of our ancestors ate for millions of years. Again, if I tried to explain it, it would be the equivalent of a 3rd grader trying to explain trigonometry. Just take the time to listen to the two videos with Paul saladino. You won’t regret it, I promise. He explains how humans have eaten evolutionarily better than anyone I’ve ever heard. I’ve never even heard another person explain it even remotely close to the way he does. I’m honest to god pretty sure he’s a robot. Idk how he remembers all the stuff he does, and has such amazing critical thinking skills, and also maintains an MD, that has barely anything to do with the things he’s discussing. And even if you have zero desire to learn about carnivore, the videos are still extremely informative and worth listening to.

Also, I get what you’re saying about anyone that goes from an American diet to cutting out most of the junk foods are going to feel better, regardless of whether they do carnivore or paleo, or veganism, or keto. Which is true. But do the research for yourself. Listen to all the podcasts of people reporting their experience. Watch all the YouTube videos. Just type in “carnivore experience”. And go down the list and watch them all. Read most of the comments of those videos and read about other people reporting their experiences. Go to Reddit and read all the experiences of people doing carnivore over there. I’ve done all of that everyday for quite a while now, and I’ve just never seen a diet unanimously curing people of chronic ailments like this before. People that were doing paleo, veganism, even keto. I lost count of how many anecdotes I’ve read of people eating healthy, exercising, and doing all the right things, and didn’t get rid of all their issues until they went carnivore. I’ve even read a ton of anecdotes about people that feel fine, and try carnivore, and figuring out that they didn’t even realize that they didn’t feel optimal, until they did carnivore. They didn’t realize they didn’t feel their best. With anything, I like to go by real world results. Whether it be hormones or diet. The body is so damn complicated, and a lot of how things are going to react in the body is guess work. That’s why I’m so intrigued by this diet. Because the real world results that people are reporting just don’t lie. And then you take the videos that Dr Paul Saladino is putting putting out, explaining in great detail, and with amazing intellect, why this diet is working so well for so many, it’s just hard to argue that this isn’t most likely how our ancestors ate for millions of years, and through evolution the type of eating our bodies evolved to prefer. Again, this isn’t going to make any sense unless u do all the research, and watch the videos. Which I don’t expect anyone to do. I know everyone has busy lives. But do yourselves a favor, and at least checkout the two videos I posted. You won’t regret it. I promise.
A little context, my profession is crypto-trader/dev and tons of fellow crypto anarchists went full carni like 8 years ago.....so I learned a thing or 2 about it....
For this body I follow Arnie's advice in workouts, etc. "never change a winning team", just kidding. I never had any need to change my diet except for eating tons of eggs.....which are animal protein....I know.

So you are eating all that meat raw straight from the animal then, because these people do not think all our ancestors, which also had a bit of a different genetic makeup in a different epigenetic enviroment, had time to cook it or even had fire to do so. They also had no way to conserve all this meat so they needed to eat it immediately as it goes bad pretty quick. If you speak of millions of years. All this is also a bit of an issue to me as I am not a standard evolution/genetics theory follower. So I will be excluded from this discussion anyways.

Last edited:

camygod

i would rather be able to digest and live off a variety of foods than just eat red meat
sounds so finicky and a symptom of a greedy 0 rich and over fed culture that you would think you can only get optimum health by consuming large portions of the most expensive and hard to get food source
most of their gut health is fucked from over use of a SSRIs
I would be careful trusting any of these health gurus be it vegan or carnivore it's all a bit mental in my opinion

forumjoe

i would rather be able to digest and live off a variety of foods than just eat red meat
sounds so finicky and a symptom of a greedy 0 rich and over fed culture that you would think you can only get optimum health by consuming large portions of the most expensive and hard to get food source
I would be careful trusting any of these health gurus be it vegan or carnivore it's all a bit mental in my opinion

Not sure I agree with that... this way of eating is a bit expensive but there is motivation to do that, and for me personally it outweighed the cost - not that before I wasn't spending lots of money on "good" food.

Lots of them are not health gurus at all - they just lay out their theory of how it is best to feed ourselves. I have been watching both spectrums(vegans, carnivore) and I would say the preaching is significantly higher on the vegan side. At the end of the day people should probably try a variety and find what is best for them.

Just looking at how the USDA is handling the dietary guidelines... they shove carbs, cereal whole foods, plants etc. to the detriment of meat, fish, dairy, and saturated fats. The results of these guidelines directly impacted overall health globally! I am not buying eating a SAD diet being the issue, the SAD diet is the result of this policy... no normal person would have eaten this way if there were other options.

Gman86

A little context, my profession is crypto-trader/dev and tons of fellow crypto anarchists went full carni like 8 years ago.....so I learned a thing or 2 about it....
For this body I follow Arnie's advice in workouts, etc. "never change a winning team", just kidding. I never had any need to change my diet except for eating tons of eggs.....which are animal protein....I know.

So you are eating all that meat raw straight from the animal then, because these people do not think all our ancestors, which also had a bit of a different genetic makeup in a different epigenetic enviroment, had time to cook it or even had fire to do so. They also had no way to conserve all this meat so they needed to eat it immediately as it goes bad pretty quick. If you speak of millions of years. All this is also a bit of an issue to me as I am not a standard evolution/genetics theory follower. So I will be excluded from this discussion anyways.

Very good point! And you’re absolutely right. Our ancestors would of definitely eaten meat raw, and as far as I know, the optimal way to do carnivore, is to eat the meat raw, not cooked. Before I even got into researching the carnivore diet, I had learned about the benefits of eating raw meat. But texture is a huge thing for me with my food, and not sure if I could eat all my meat raw. Plus, to eat everything raw, you’d really have to know how it was processed. And it’s not ideal to freeze meat, then thaw it out, and then eat it raw. You can do it, but it’s just not ideal. Here’s a video I watched quite a while back about eating raw meat. And there’s a few podcasts that Carl Lanore, from super human radio, did on the subject that was very intriguing. For the past 3-4 months, what I have been doing is drinking 3 raw whole eggs each morning, and trying to cook my ground beef, and other red meats, as little as possible. I try to find the balance between still seeing a ton of red, while not sacrificing texture too much.

Last edited:

Gman86

@Rock H. Johnson When you say the only change you’ve had to make to your diet was eating a ton of eggs, what do you mean by that? Did you give up eating eggs? Were they causing you any issues?

Also, I must say, I really like the way you think, and your mindset/ views on life, you must be a really unique and interesting guy.

Last edited:

Gman86

Ya I agree. Balance is the key to life. For some reason, everything in this world runs off of a balance system. This is the first time that I’m leaning towards something that kind of skews away from the idea that everything in life needs to be balanced. So it’s been hard to wrap my head around. But it just seems impossible to argue with what Dr. Paul Saladino is saying. Everything he says makes too much sense. I wouldn’t classify him as a guru. He’s just a guy that wants to find out the root cause of why people get chronic diseases, and his journey has led him to figuring out that diet and lifestyle changes are how to do this. And currently in his journey, in regards to diet, he appears to think that eating mainly carnivore is the most optimal way to eat. You can’t take his word, or anyone’s word for gospel though. You really have to do the research into who these people are, and make the best educated decision that you can on whether you should take their advice or not. I spend every single day listening to podcasts or videos, or reading about how to optimize health/ longevity, and I’ve been doing this for 6-7* years now, without ever really missing a day. And Dr. Paul Saladino probably makes more sense than anyone I’ve ever come across in my own personal health journey.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me