Veggies doing more harm than good?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

Anecdotally, for the last 4-5 months I have been doing a 90% carnivore diet with limited veggies(avocado, olives, tomatoes) and have had no issues so far.

Do you workout? The only thing I’m worried about is my energy in the gym. But I’ve heard after ur body adapts it’s a non issue.

Vince

Super Moderator
I am 50 years old, 6'2'', 215lbs, 9%BF, body builder, MA and a vegetarian for the last 27 years and I can easily kick any of these carnivorians asses.....lol
I believe Bill Pearl is also a vegetarian.

forumjoe

Want to Live Longer? Ear More Fruits and Vegetables

Fruits and vegetables emerged as the healthiest foods to eat in a massive research study. The study found a reduced risk of heart disease, cancer, and stroke and premature death in people who consume 10 daily servings of these plant foods as part of a healthy diet plan.

So it looks like this is the relative risk reduction if you eat 800g of vegs/fruits a day? I am personally not buying these systemic reviews and the associations they yield. I would have liked to see a lot bigger RR numbers to make any judgement. I am not advocating against vegs/fruits btw as I quite enjoy eating them :)

Risk Reduction Per Each 800g/day (10 servings)
⇓ 13% for cancer (up to a maximum of 600g)
⇓ 33% for stroke
⇓ 24% for coronary heart disease
⇓ 28% for total cardiovascular disease
⇓ 31% for any cause of death

Paul M

Is this a risk reduction compared to a normal western diet which is on the whole quite terrible, hence the reason there are so many obese people nowadays. I wonder how it would fare compared to a keto or carnivore diet.

Gman86

Has anyone took the time to actually listen to the full video above with Dr. Paul Saladino? The guy is extremely intelligent, and is like a robot when it comes to knowledge on diet and how the body works. He actually used to be a vegan for quite some time. So he’s not biased one way or the other. It’s just hard to argue that humans are supposed to eat vegetables after listening to him to talk.

Also, with all the research I’ve been doing in regards to the carnivore diet, it’s just hard to ignore the results people are having. It just seems like for the majority of people, even when they feel like vegetables are having no adverse effects, they all feel much better when removing them from their diet. Mood improves, depression and anxiety lift, all chronic inflammation disappears, and therefore all chronic conditions either clear up or improve drastically, weight drops, they have more energy. I personally have no biases in regards to what the proper diet is. I’m just trying to find what’s optimal, and what’s going to allow me to stay as healthy as possible, and live as long as I can. I just can’t believe the results people are having on carnivore. It’s the closest thing I’ve seen to a miracle cure for basically every ailment that plagues humans, whether it be mental or physical. Just really interesting stuff when ur open to it and not married to one way of thinking, in regards to diet.

Gman86

Here’s an example of a famous father and daughter that was doing carnivore with vegetables, and didn’t see complete resolution in their chronic conditions until they removed vegetables from their diet. I think most people would do fine with veggies, and that they are the minority in regards to how sensitive they are to foods, but it’s just interesting info.

forumjoe

@Gman86 if you are into this you can also try listening to Dr. Shawn Baker - Shawn Baker MD He is a huge Carnivore proponent. They are now doing a carnivore study via Harvard researchers so will be very keen to see the results whenever they come out.

Rock H. Johnson

In July of´93, I had a spiritual awakening, I became aware of awareness. Meditation became my natural state. With this, an automated process of detox and purification on consequential levels happened. It stopped consuming any form of animal meat, protein or fat. Over time mind went completely silent. I have not had any weakness, illness or dis-ease ever since. Except for becoming hypogonadal(work-related) a couple of years ago.

Gman86

In July of´93, I had a spiritual awakening, I became aware of awareness. Meditation became my natural state. With this, an automated process of detox and purification on consequential levels happened. It stopped consuming any form of animal meat, protein or fat. Over time mind went completely silent. I have not had any weakness, illness or dis-ease ever since. Except for becoming hypogonadal(work-related) a couple of years ago.

I love this. Psychology and how our mind works is my #1 passion in life. Imo, once you learn how your mind works, and master human psychology, everything in life gets easier. Once you learn how ur mind works, it then becomes very obvious how to be happy in life, and just navigate the world with ease. Meditation and learning how to not let any outside source control my emotions has been huge. Stress is the #1 cause of all disease. I guarantee you have been able to avoid getting sick/ acquiring any illnesses due to your extremely low stress levels.

Gman86

@Gman86 if you are into this you can also try listening to Dr. Shawn Baker - Shawn Baker MD He is a huge Carnivore proponent. They are now doing a carnivore study via Harvard researchers so will be very keen to see the results whenever they come out.

Ya I’m subscribed to him on YouTube, and follow him pretty closely. I’m also very interested in seeing the results of that study!

GreenMachineX

I started getting palpitations and flutters about 4 years ago. Didn’t know why and cardiologist said nothing wrong. Then I tried carnivore by accident when I first started keto and didn’t put it together that it got worse. I had tachycardia, heart palpitations and flutters that’s drove me nuts for a long time. Eventually added in lots of spinach, avocado, broccoli and cauliflower (I probably total >500g of all that) and problem solved. I don’t think it’s just the potassium because I’ll still get some heart pounding after eating a whole potato. Something about those veggies...

Rock H. Johnson

Good old school fat caliper(cheapo plastic free with protein order), but I am not keeping it at 9%, for some reason I feel better and a bit more relaxed at 10-12%. Water and cramps is becoming an issue. Pre-TRT I did not have these issues.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me