TRT for life? My neighbor has questions.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sawdustmaker

I’ve been on TRT for a few years with Defy Medical. I’ve learned a lot here, mostly just reading I turn 65 in a few days, but my neighbor is early 40s. He started TRT a while back with his PCP, not something like Defy. I’m concerned he’s gotten bad info. For one, they are having him come in for only one injection per month. Half life of testosterone being 7-8 days I think, I don’t understand how he could possibly reach any sort of steady state. More like a yo yo. Yesterday they told him after they get his most recent blood work, they’ll decide whether he needs to continue treatment, as if he cured. Is something different with younger men? Seems to me there’s only so much you can do lifestyle wise to increase testosterone. Am I missing something, or should he check with someone like Defy?
Paul

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

3DMission

@Sawdustmaker introduce your friend to this forum. I am 35, but started my journey of low T at 26 and didn’t find this forum till a couple years ago. It changed my life. I went on a path of hell from doctor to doctor that really knew nothing about TRT and they put me on some horrible protocols. I’m finally, FINALLY on a protocol where I’m feeing best I ever felt I my life. This forum is amazing and will help him get answers to all his questions, as there may be certain things he’s not telling you that would be unique to his situation.

Sawdustmaker

@Sawdustmaker introduce your friend to this forum. I am 35, but started my journey of low T at 26 and didn’t find this forum till a couple years ago. It changed my life. I went on a path of hell from doctor to doctor that really knew nothing about TRT and they put me on some horrible protocols. I’m finally, FINALLY on a protocol where I’m feeing best I ever felt I my life. This forum is amazing and will help him get answers to all his questions, as there may be certain things he’s not telling you that would be unique to his situation.
I think I'd mentioned this site before. Once I get some get some good responses on this thread, I'll try to get him to take a look.

UCFguy01

What's your protocol?

madman

Super Moderator
I’ve been on TRT for a few years with Defy Medical. I’ve learned a lot here, mostly just reading I turn 65 in a few days, but my neighbor is early 40s. He started TRT a while back with his PCP, not something like Defy. I’m concerned he’s gotten bad info. For one, they are having him come in for only one injection per month. Half life of testosterone being 7-8 days I think, I don’t understand how he could possibly reach any sort of steady state. More like a yo yo. Yesterday they told him after they get his most recent blood work, they’ll decide whether he needs to continue treatment, as if he cured. Is something different with younger men? Seems to me there’s only so much you can do lifestyle wise to increase testosterone. Am I missing something, or should he check with someone like Defy?
Paul

Horrible protocol (castration anyone)!

Even the stone-aged once every 2-weeks protocol still prescribed by some doctors is sub-par.

He needs to find a new doctor who has experience treating men for low-t.

Here is an older post from one of our former highly respected and dearly missed moderators Coastwatcher:The 12 Year-Old Study That Proves Testosterone Injections Every Two Weeks Fail

3DMission

What's your protocol?

@UCFguy01 @Sawdustmaker my new protocol I started in September per advice from this forum is now 7 units per day of T. Cypionate and 300 IU’s of HCG on Mon/Wed/Fri. I’m finally feeling best I’ve felt in a long time. I was doing injections first thing in morning, but switched to right before bed, because I found if I take in morning then I can’t sleep at night. Instead, I take right before bed and wake up feeling great. I get about 7-8 hours of sleep, 6 if it’s a rough night with the kids. I stay clear of anastrozole, that is the devil to me. Never felt worse in my life than on that. I’ve seen SEVERAL doctors. This forum knows more about TRT than most doctors out there. You have to be your own advocate for your health and do all the research. Take the input from your doctors, but do not exalt them, they poop just like you and I.

Frederick

I’m 63 y/o, I was prescribed androgel gel two pumps a day, reading the side effects scare me a little, I was wondering If reducing it to just one pump a day will still help as well as minimizing the possibility of the sides effects.

UCFguy01

@UCFguy01 @Sawdustmaker my new protocol I started in September per advice from this forum is now 7 units per day of T. Cypionate and 300 IU’s of HCG on Mon/Wed/Fri. I’m finally feeling best I’ve felt in a long time. I was doing injections first thing in morning, but switched to right before bed, because I found if I take in morning then I can’t sleep at night. Instead, I take right before bed and wake up feeling great. I get about 7-8 hours of sleep, 6 if it’s a rough night with the kids. I stay clear of anastrozole, that is the devil to me. Never felt worse in my life than on that. I’ve seen SEVERAL doctors. This forum knows more about TRT than most doctors out there. You have to be your own advocate for your health and do all the research. Take the input from your doctors, but do not exalt them, they poop just like you and I.

I tried anastrozle initially and it made me feel terrible as well. It was awful!!! I swithched to exemestane and felt better but it's strong stuff. I'm just taking testosterone currently and it's working pretty good. Everything is fine except I always seem to be chasing libido. It's never been quite right on injections. I started on pellets and those were amazing. Everything felt good but they kept falling out occasionally

3DMission

@Frederick androgel wouldn’t work for me, my body wouldn’t absorb it for some reason. My T levels dropped to 119, worse ever. Plus my wife experiences transmission symptoms. We were extremely careful, but I guess still sleeping in the same bed or whatever, she was very sensitive to it and started breaking out a lot. Testosterone injections are really easy, zero risk of transmission, no topical side effects, and extremely cheap, especially compared to Androgel and Androderm. At the end of the day you have to do what works for you since everyone’s body is different. If one pump a day leaves you feeling good, then that’s all you need. Personally, long term speaking I think injections are much easier. I’m only 35, so I’ll be doing this the rest of my life. I need cheap & easy.

Arturo

Androgel seems to be working for me. I use 4 pumps/day (1%) after a morning shower. I also shower at night to make sure I am not transmitting this to my wife. It's been about 3 weeks now and no issues. Will do blood work in 2 days.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me