Buy Lab Tests Online

Robert81

Hi All. I recently started TRT with a clinic after reviewing bloodwork. My protocol was 140 mgs test cyp and 1,000 hcg divided 2x a week. Well after 2 weeks and 5 injections, all my injections became sore, red and itchy. I tried my stomach and quad areas. Im using a 27 gauge 1/2" and doing sub q. All sites were thoroughly cleaned before and after as well. I contacted my clinic and the nurse I talked to recommended me trying test cyp with seasame oil instead of grapeseed oil as she believes that may be whats causing the reaction. I have that on order now. If I remember correctly, years ago I had an allergy test done and I was allergic to seasame seeds. I did read you could be fine with the oil but not the protein in the seeds. Anyway, if I have the same reaction, what would you guys recommend? I would like to have a plan lined up and know theres other options. I would also prefer injections. Does anybody have any thought on this? I was xtremely excited to finally pull the trigger and try TRT after having all low T symptoms and the blood tests being far from optimal and have a fear this may not work out for me.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Anyway, if I have the same reaction, what would you guys recommend?
You’re unlikely to have an allergic reaction to two different types of carrier oils. There’s always cotton seed oil.

Your reactions could be due to the SQ administration and could be an inflammatory response. Some men feel worse on SQ versus IM.

Your protocol is a bit aggressive for someone starting out on TRT. If it was just Test only, than that’s a different story.

Last edited:

Robert81

Thank you for the response. I have heard of cottonseed oil but I did not see it listed on my clinics portal. To be honest I am going thru Defy. Its been a great experience with them so far and everyone I have dealt with has been nice and helpful.

I also thought about IM but would prefer subQ if I could as it just seems easier right now.

Willyt

You could try reducing the amount you inject at any time by using more frequent injections (e.g., every other day EOD or even daily)

Also, if you're going subq, use a smaller needle like 31 gauge x 5/16.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I concur with the others above. Options are try another carrier oil, switch to IM, increase frequency of the injections. You are pushing the limits of volume for subq injections to remain comfortable and not turn into inflamed nodules. Reducing volume by increasing frequency could help. Use a smaller needle also for subq like Willyt said.

Unlikely to be the cause, but you could also try something like Hikma testosterone enanthate if you suspect the benzyl preservatives. Hikma uses a tiny amount of chlorobutanol instead.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi All. I recently started TRT with a clinic after reviewing bloodwork. My protocol was 140 mgs test cyp and 1,000 hcg divided 2x a week. Well after 2 weeks and 5 injections, all my injections became sore, red and itchy. I tried my stomach and quad areas. Im using a 27 gauge 1/2" and doing sub q. All sites were thoroughly cleaned before and after as well. I contacted my clinic and the nurse I talked to recommended me trying test cyp with seasame oil instead of grapeseed oil as she believes that may be whats causing the reaction. I have that on order now. If I remember correctly, years ago I had an allergy test done and I was allergic to seasame seeds. I did read you could be fine with the oil but not the protein in the seeds. Anyway, if I have the same reaction, what would you guys recommend? I would like to have a plan lined up and know theres other options. I would also prefer injections. Does anybody have any thought on this? I was xtremely excited to finally pull the trigger and try TRT after having all low T symptoms and the blood tests being far from optimal and have a fear this may not work out for me.
I agree it's probably just a reaction to the oil. I would just switch oils again and hopefully you're bad reaction goes away. Personally, I like your protocol

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me