Thyroid Results (what to do)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dansk

The results below are from a good women friend of mine, she has all the classic symptoms of Hashimoto disease. The labs do verify this. There seems to be lots of conflicting recommendations out there as to how one should treat this.
My question is what would be the best way to treat this? I do realize this would be in your opinion and not recommended as true medical advice.
Her PCP ran the usual TSH during her wellness visit and it came back at 4.0 and she was told all was good. I believed otherwise and talked her into a full thyroid panel.

TSH 5.0 (0.450-4.50)
T4 5.5 (4.5-12)
Free T4 Direct S 1.2 (0.82-1.77)
Free T3 2.8 (2.0-4.4)
Reverse T3 15.2 (9.2-24.1)

Thyroid peroxidase (TPO Anitbodies) 74 (0-34)
Thyroglobulin Antibody <1.0 (0.0-0.9)

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Women especially are more sensitive to thyroid and her labs indicate thyroid is struggling probably looking worse when not testing. TSH has a story to tell.

T4 is low which is the total amount of thyroid hormone being produced by the thyroid gland, this is hypothyroidism. It's tough to find a good thyroid doctors these days and they seem overly reluctant to prescribe thyroid hormones and/or bioidentical hormones such as testosterone.

It seems like doctors are always saying it can't be thyroid or testosterone related, but here is an antidepressant for your troubles. I see it every day on these forums and am starting to see a pattern.

Sick care just doesn't take action soon enough, by definition they lie in wait for disease rather than prevent it.

Dansk

Women especially are more sensitive to thyroid and her labs indicate thyroid is struggling probably looking worse when not testing. TSH has a story to tell.

T4 is low which is the total amount of thyroid hormone being produced by the thyroid gland, this is hypothyroidism. It's tough to find a good thyroid doctors these days and they seem overly reluctant to prescribe thyroid hormones and/or bioidentical hormones such as testosterone.

It seems like doctors are always saying it can't be thyroid or testosterone related, but here is an antidepressant for your troubles. I see it every day on these forums and am starting to see a pattern.

Sick care just doesn't take action soon enough, by definition they lie in wait for disease rather than prevent it.

Well said, and I 100% agree. I completely understand her thyroid is absolutely being assaulted by ????. Lots of different information about Autoimmunity and thyroid. She wants to have hormones checked too, but I advised fixing thyroid first. Not sure if that true for the ladies or not.

Vince

Super Moderator
Well said, and I 100% agree. I completely understand her thyroid is absolutely being assaulted by ????. Lots of different information about Autoimmunity and thyroid. She wants to have hormones checked too, but I advised fixing thyroid first. Not sure if that true for the ladies or not.
If she does have hashimoto's, most doctors have you give up grains and fix your gut bacteria. I'm sure she will have to be on thyroid meds, for the rest of her life.

The main reason they tell you to give up grains, once you have one auto immune disease one, the odds you'll get another one.

Dansk

If she does have hashimoto's, most doctors have you give up grains and fix your gut bacteria. I'm sure she will have to be on thyroid meds, for the rest of her life.

The main reason they tell you to give up grains, once you have one auto immune disease one, the odds you'll get another one.

Thanks Vince, she is all on board for meds, but to give up grains this women would rather have an arm or leg amputated. I read lots on the effects of grains on thyroid.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks Vince, she is all on board for meds, but to give up grains this women would rather have an arm or leg amputated. I read lots on the effects of grains on thyroid.
It's because grains causes leaky gut. Which of course causes autoimmune disease.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me