Low-Dose Naltrexone

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

davidrn

Thanks for posting this video, brand new. On a disease forum, I read, LDN was the most successful treatment for MS, above Copaxone and other mainstream big pharma drugs. I still take it, but was unable to shift over to just LDN for my RA. I gave it 13 months, and used Prednisone (at less than 10mg) to supplement the treatment. Didn't work for me.

davidrn

This guy has an excellent basic understanding of the drug and how it works. I have read that there are some folks who are taking it as a "Life Extension" supplement. With almost no side effects, and many positive benefits, it is worth the trial for anyone so inclined. He mentioned 4.5mg several times, people in the real world frequently start as low as 0.5mg and then settle between 2-5mg. I started low and increased dosage over a few week period, and had no sleep issues, which is the number 1 complaint. Unfortunately it did not increase my Test level or my Libido, 2 things reported by users. I did notice I had more "Interesting or detailed" Dreams, but not frightening. I am back on 2 immunosuppressants, but my Rheumatologist suggested trying to continue it anyways, she said it is counter intuitive,(taking drugs that both suppresses and strengthens the immune system ) but she has several patients who report benefits.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
I have a young relative who's in his thirties with MS, I'm hoping that LND may help. Also someone in his late twenties, trying to recover from heroin addiction.

Vince

Super Moderator
The therapeutic dosage range for LDN is from 1.5mg to 4.5mg every night. Dosages below this range are likely to have no effect at all, and dosages above this range are likely to block endorphins for too long a period of time and interfere with its effectiveness.
Medical Journal Articles Concerning LDN
What Others Are Saying About LDN

Vince

Super Moderator
[h=2]Introduction[/b]In this review, we will discuss the concept of using low-dose naltrexone (LDN) as a novel anti-inflammatory treatment for chronic pain conditions that are suspected to be associated with inflammatory processes. Within a specific dosage window, opioid antagonists such as naltrexone can exert a “paradoxical” analgesic effect [1]. We will further present the rationale for considering LDN as a primary example of a relatively new class of therapeutic agents called glial cell modulators. This review is intended for clinicians who are seeking additional information about the background, theory, mechanism of action, and research use of LDN. We will be focusing this discussion on LDN as a monotherapy for chronic pain. The closely related concept of ultralow-dose naltrexone involves the use of microgram, nanogram, and picogram dosages of naltrexone co-administered with opioid analgesics [2]. The approach is used to both increase the efficacy of opioid analgesia therapy and reduce some adverse side effects. Ultralow-dose naltrexone has been covered extensively in previous reviews [3] and will not be discussed here. The use of low-dose naltrexone (LDN) as a novel anti-inflammatory treatment for chronic pain

xqfq

Interestingly, this drug may prevent HPTA shutdown on TRT:

Naloxone/Naltrexone info

There are studies on rats showing an increase in LH after administration, etc.

I only found two reported users on steroid forums, and both seemed like unstable individuals. Neither posted blood work.

If anyone is taking this drug, I’d love to see your LH and FSH levels, especially if you’re on TRT!

davidrn

I have appropriate LH and FSH levels, and have almost from the beginning of starting TRT. I use Embrel (which is an immune suppressant) (I was able to wean off methotrexate almost a year ago, A chemo drug) and I take 4.5mg every bedtime of LDN, in my case, it is not reversing the "immune suppressant" effects of the Embrel, but acting as an immune modulator or enhancer. I am sure I am not the only one taking LDN, and TRT, I have RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) which is why I take the TRT. (65% of men with RA have low T).

Vince

Super Moderator
I have appropriate LH and FSH levels, and have almost from the beginning of starting TRT. I use Embrel (which is an immune suppressant) (I was able to wean off methotrexate almost a year ago, A chemo drug) and I take 4.5mg every bedtime of LDN, in my case, it is not reversing the "immune suppressant" effects of the Embrel, but acting as an immune modulator or enhancer. I am sure I am not the only one taking LDN, and TRT, I have RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) which is why I take the TRT. (65% of men with RA have low T).
When you say you have appropriate LH and FSH levels. It makes you wonder, what are your levels presently at?

davidrn

My last labs looked overall pretty good, except CKD, Creatinine has been 1.30- 1.34 over the past few years. My nephrologist is not concerned because the labs have been steady for some time. Assume the kidney issues are RA related.
Last Labs:
TT 846 Ft 18.9
SHBG 15.6 E2 20.6
DHT 106 PSA 1.5
LH 0.1 FSH <0.2
I use 20mg of T cyp 3 x week, 200 IU of HCG 3 x week T cream to scrotum daily
The DHT is a peak, the trough was 36

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Low-dose naltrexone (LDN) has been demonstrated to reduce symptom severity in conditions such as fibromyalgia, Crohn’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and complex regional pain syndrome. We review the evidence that LDN may operate as a novel anti-inflammatory agent in the central nervous system, via action on microglial cells. These effects may be unique to low dosages of naltrexone and appear to be entirely independent from naltrexone’s better-known activity on opioid receptors. As a daily oral therapy, LDN is inexpensive and well-tolerated. Despite initial promise of efficacy, the use of LDN for chronic disorders is still highly experimental. Published trials have low sample sizes, and few replications have been performed. We cover the typical usage of LDN in clinical trials, caveats to using the medication, and recommendations for future research and clinical work. LDN may represent one of the first glial cell modulators to be used for the management of chronic pain disorders.

Keywords: Anti-inflammatory, Chronic pain, Fibromyalgia, Glial cell modulators, Low-dose naltrexone, Microglia

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me