Thoughts on supplementing Pregnenolone and DHEA?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Arcane

Ive been using Testosterone and Testosterone derivatives for 8 years now, but only recently came to learn of the important of "downstream hormones," Im pretty uneducated on the matter, but have read anecdotes and testimonies of many seeing DHEA and Pregnenolone suffering after long-term TRT use. Does TRT diminish these values? How should one go about replacing them?

My most recent lans show my DHEA at
278.0 ug/dL on a range of (138.5-475.2)

which is in the middle of the range, not sure If if being at the higher end of the range would be more beneficial, but would love to hear some insight from someone who has supplemented DHEA and or Pregnenolone

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I take Pregnenolone 10 mg and 25 mg of DHEA. It brings my dhea levels in a good range. Also helps to increase my estrogen levels, which normally are low.

Vince

Super Moderator
My last labs.

DHEA-Sulfate 502.0 H ug/dL range 30.9-295.6 (age adjusted)
Estradiol, Sensitive 25.3 pg/mL range 8.0-35.0

HerrTrigger

I was low on Pregnenolone so doctor had me on 50mg ED. Didn't bring anything up but my e2 and my wife noticed I had a strange odor for those 6 weeks. Stopped taking it and the odor went away, really weird.

Wolverine

Im thinking on supplementing with pregnenolone. I see lots of micronized DHEA supplements out there but few micronized pregnenolone. Is it best to take micronized pregnenolone? Thanks!

DixieWrecked

I'll take preg sometimes. I can definitely feel a mental boost. With DHEA I experience what feels like the stereotype of High E symptoms. Moody and such.

DixieWrecked

That’s awesome. Just regular quick release oral preg? What brand u taking? U take it with or without food?
I take it on an empty stomach in the morning. I haven't been eating breakfast so pretty easy. I have been taking the source naturals brand. I have also tried the Vitamin shoppe brand. I feel like the VS brand is more potent, too potent actually.

DragonBits

I take pregnenolone off and on for a while.

Recently started again at 12.5 or 25 mg dose, I hadn't decided which.

I believe it helps with sleep, but it had other effects as well. Recently, the first night I resumed taking it (50mg), I slept 8:48 hours. Most of the time I struggle to get 6.5 hours. But it isn't yet consistent for sleep, so maybe it's some combination of other supplements or timing. I had also dramatically increased my magnesium to 160% of DV, (To counter constipation resulting from I think Kratom).

I take Kratom, ~5.4 grams in the AM. The preg seemed to have made me more sensitive to this dose. My blood pressure shot up to 162/99-66 pulse, my pulse seemed to be lower than normal. So I reduced Kratom to 2.7 gms in the AM, which is working ok. (I have read of others that had this same result to taking Preg).0

I haven't noticed any effects of taking DHEA other than increasing serum levels in a blood test. I have had DHEA levels as highs as 450.5 (30.9-295.6) or as low as
77.6, nothing else changed, not blood tests or how I feel. Not that I tested every hormone, just the big ones we all test for.

CKO

I'm in the group that doesn't do well with pregnenolone. No apparent boost to energy or sleep. It generally gives me a sense of dread or a light level of anxiety. DHEA helps my sleep considerably.

Gman86

I take pregnenolone off and on for a while.

Recently started again at 12.5 or 25 mg dose, I hadn't decided which.

I believe it helps with sleep, but it had other effects as well. Recently, the first night I resumed taking it (50mg), I slept 8:48 hours. Most of the time I struggle to get 6.5 hours. But it isn't yet consistent for sleep, so maybe it's some combination of other supplements or timing. I had also dramatically increased my magnesium to 160% of DV, (To counter constipation resulting from I think Kratom).

I take Kratom, ~5.4 grams in the AM. The preg seemed to have made me more sensitive to this dose. My blood pressure shot up to 162/99-66 pulse, my pulse seemed to be lower than normal. So I reduced Kratom to 2.7 gms in the AM, which is working ok. (I have read of others that had this same result to taking Preg).0

I haven't noticed any effects of taking DHEA other than increasing serum levels in a blood test. I have had DHEA levels as highs as 450.5 (30.9-295.6) or as low as
77.6, nothing else changed, not blood tests or how I feel. Not that I tested every hormone, just the big ones we all test for.
Are u taking preg in the am or pm, and with or without food?

lukas_az

I'm in the group that doesn't do well with pregnenolone. No apparent boost to energy or sleep. It generally gives me a sense of dread or a light level of anxiety. DHEA helps my sleep considerably.
what is interesting because DHEA is an GABA antagonist, and this is generally counter productive to sleep. I was taking it at night too, but now switched DHEA to morning to see if there is any change in sleep pattern

antelopers

what is interesting because DHEA is an GABA antagonist, and this is generally counter productive to sleep. I was taking it at night too, but now switched DHEA to morning to see if there is any change in sleep pattern
My experience was that evening DHEA led to poor sleep, evening pregnenolone led to poor sleep, but the two of them together knock me out cold.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me