Testosterone Use During Illness

Buy Lab Tests Online

DorianGray

Recently, hit with bad virus, severe sore throat, no fever. Reading that T has something of immunosuppressive effects, so what is the consensus, continue regimen or stop until symptoms subside?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Recently, hit with bad virus, severe sore throat, no fever. Reading that T has something of immunosuppressive effects, so what is the consensus, continue regimen or stop until symptoms subside?
I always continue my protocol. I keep everything the same. I don't see no reason to stop TRT.

Vince

Super Moderator

Guided_by_Voices

I would think just the opposite. For example, estrogen has (innate) immune system benefits so doing something that might lower it (via removing a precursor) would not be desirable, and neither would reducing your overall vitality. What are you basing the idea on? The only thing I saw after a quick search was related to vaccine response which is not the part of the immune system you should be focusing on. What you want is strong innate immune function as well as all the usual anti-viral protocols that were well-described during covid.

I hope you get better soon.

Systemlord

People admitted to hospitals are more likely to recover more quickly, and even have a decreased risk of dying in the ER with higher testosterone. Also, men with lower testosterone are more likely to die from covid.

When I had sciatica pain that required a needle in my spine, physical therapy was a challenge trying to build up muscle with low-T, getting nowhere fast!

Last edited:

DorianGray

I would think just the opposite. For example, estrogen has (innate) immune system benefits so doing something that might lower it (via removing a precursor) would not be desirable, and neither would reducing your overall vitality. What are you basing the idea on? The only thing I saw after a quick search was related to vaccine response which is not the part of the immune system you should be focusing on. What you want is strong innate immune function as well as all the usual anti-viral protocols that were well-described during covid.

I hope you get better soon.
Thanks. Yes, going back, I see some literature referenced influenza vaccine immune response. Another paper, looking to extrapolate T effects (or inhibition of) related to covid, generally concluded: "...These observations confirm that androgens have an immunosuppressive effect..." Others, counter that conclusion to the extent of no effect. On the other side of the coin, random literature search on immune effects of HCG pointed to more positive effects. I hadn't been sick in so long, this was really a pain, especially since I left on vacation the day it was coming on. Main symptom was it felt like someone blow torched my throat. Hardly any other symptoms. 90% ok now.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me