Testosterone being too high causing emptiness feeling?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Weasel

Quick question,

I've been feeling really empty and emotionless since increasing my T dose. Sometimes down right depressed feeling.

Has anyone else experienced these feelings from having to high of T levels or is there something else at play here?

TESTOSTERONE TOTAL 1160 (300-623)
TESTOSTERONE FREE 316.8 (46-224.0)
ESTRADIOL 56 <=29 (non sensitive I believe)
ESTRADIOL, SENSITIVE 23.8 (10.0-42.0) Taken approx. 2 weeks after the above 3 tests.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

I have heard of that anecdotally. The theory I believe is that one's free T has a 'sweet spot' and that at levels above or below one doesn't always feel that great. Again, this is anecdotal information I have seen here and there. I don't have any studies to quote on it.

Weasel

I have heard of that anecdotally. The theory I believe is that one's free T has a 'sweet spot' and that at levels above or below one doesn't always feel that great. Again, this is anecdotal information I have seen here and there. I don't have any studies to quote on it.

Thanks, I've been wondering that as well. I've been blaming e2 but now that im getting e2 tested, I dont really believe that is the case anymore. Im just sick of being in such a lifeless fog all the time and want to get to the bottom of it. and if that means having a T level of 800 instead of 1160. I'm all for it.

According to these labs the T levels are supraphysiologic, nearly 2x the given range for Total T and 1.4x for Free T. Are the ranges correct? How much testosterone are you taking, and in what form.

What are these two numbers here:
ESTRADIOL 56 42 <=29 (non sensitive I believe)

FreeT is FAR less discussed as a problem for men, and then only when it's low. I don't think Free T is your culprit. Emotion(less) is most always E related, hi, or low.

According to these labs the T levels are supraphysiologic, nearly 2x the given range for Total T and 1.4x for Free T. Are the ranges correct? How much testosterone are you taking, and in what form.

Those lab ranges are peculiar, he's clearly not getting the right tests here, "normal" lab ranges reach to almost 1100/1200

Weasel

Those lab ranges are peculiar, he's clearly not getting the right tests here, "normal" lab ranges reach to almost 1100/1200

These tests are through the VA. They are a quest test but for some reason the VA uses their own reference ranges, which are very low. The actual quest ranges are much higher, like 1197 IIRC. The VA doc said just to ignore the VA ranges.

For Free T, The VA uses the same ranges as quest for their FT test though.

Weasel

What are these two numbers here:
ESTRADIOL 56 42 <=29 (non sensitive I believe)

FreeT is FAR less discussed as a problem for men, and then only when it's low. I don't think Free T is your culprit. Emotion(less) is most always E related, hi, or low.

Sorry on the results. 56 and 42 are my last 2 e2 results. I've edited it to include only the most recent.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Unfortunately, testosterone can do only so much to improve mood. But when there are underlying depression issues may need therapy or treatment. Sometimes we need a dopamine boost!

In my case, my mood drops when I do not sleep well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Williams

Unfortunately, testosterone can do so much to improve mood. But when there are underlying depression issues may need therapy or treatment. Sometimes we need a dopamine boost!

It means a lot to speak to an expert and have that expert reply with candidness and transparency. This is why I keep coming back to Excelmale.com.
Thank you, Nelson, I deeply respect you for your level of care and concern for men's health.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks Steve. I just hope that guys learn from my 30 years of trial and error while I have gone through too many health challenges. Some days I feel I can conquer the world and others not so much....and my blood levels of T, E2, free T3, DHEA, and cortisol are not that different. Hormone balance makes things better, but it is not a magic bullet.

I think many of us are having sleep and coping issues that are unresolved.

I have gone through periods when I "feel flat" and wonder if I am just not pushing myself enough to take risks and get out of my comfort zone. It's catch 22 since when you feel that way you also don't feel very motivated to try new things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry on the results. 56 and 42 are my last 2 e2 results. I've edited it to include only the most recent.

My opinion and thanks for clarifying that I thought I was reading....I think you're moving through where your E2 should be...56, 42, those are high, and then you're at 23, which would mostly be considered low. High and low have similar symptoms, I would recommend you get closer to 30-35 on the sensitive LC/MS/MS test and reevaluate your progress.

busa2009

Quick question,

I've been feeling really empty and emotionless since increasing my T dose. Sometimes down right depressed feeling.

Has anyone else experienced these feelings from having to high of T levels or is there something else at play here?

TESTOSTERONE TOTAL 1160 (300-623)
TESTOSTERONE FREE 316.8 (46-224.0)
ESTRADIOL 56 <=29 (non sensitive I believe)
ESTRADIOL, SENSITIVE 23.8 (10.0-42.0) Taken approx. 2 weeks after the above 3 tests.

How much test are you taking weekly? HCG?E2blocker?

Weasel

Unfortunately, testosterone can do only so much to improve mood. But when there are underlying depression issues may need therapy or treatment. Sometimes we need a dopamine boost!

This is exactly what i was wondering about? How are you getting that dopamine boost Nelson?

I've also noticed that my mood is terrible and im really down with lack of or low quality sleep. Which seems to be the norm from time to time.

GA8314

Thanks Steve. I just hope that guys learn from my 30 years of trial and error while I have gone through too many health challenges. Some days I feel I can conquer the world and others not so much....and my blood levels of T, E2, free T3, DHEA, and cortisol are not that different. Hormone balance makes things better, but it is not a magic bullet.

I think many of us are having sleep and coping issues that are unresolved.

I have gone through periods when I "feel flat" and wonder if I am just not pushing myself enough to take risks and get out of my comfort zone. It's catch 22 since when you feel that way you also don't feel very motivated to try new things.

Yeah, Nelson, I agree with you. It's complicated. Hormonal balance/optimization is wonderful but it's not a cure-all/magic bullet.

I also very much agree on the importance of sleep. It's probably my one single (easy to implement in spite of the excuses we make) modifiable risk factor to my own physical and mental health. I need to do better.

Otherwise, I feel it's natural to ebb and flow in terms of mood. We're simply not always going to feel super. I feel it's part of the human condition and normal. However, if someone is clinically depressed then treatment is warranted. I don't feel all "psych meds" are bad.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me