Testosterone and Insomnia

Buy Lab Tests Online

Hammer

I've suffered with insomnia for over 15 years and have been trying just about everything to get a good night's sleep. Over the past year I've reduced my Testosterone Cypianate dosage from 80mg/wk to 50mg/wk. I've gone from a 920 TT level to roughly 750 making the change. My sleep improved a bit. Additionally I went from weekly injections to twice per week injections which helped reduce my hematocrit but didn't do much for my sleep. I'm now thinking about every other day injection schedule to see if my sleep improves. I am hypothyroid but treat my condition to be in range on all thyroid markers. I'm curious if anyone has had better sleep by increasing the frequency of their injections.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

M.J

For me multiple blood test and donation drained my ferritin which made me wake up multiple times, taking iron supplement for sometime fixed it.

I have tried EOD felt nothing, now doing twice weekly big improvement, thinking of trying once a week.

tarzan92

guys, I'm doing 100mg weekly.
and I'm having insomnia, but I haven't tried any medication to induce sleep (and I don't intend to).
it is very bad to go to sleep without sleep and jump out of bed as if you had not slept. strange body and mind. also retaining more liquid. trt would be for correct health? and not be disturbing, is it that testosterone is damaging or inhibiting Gh? should i reduce doses? need help. sorry english, i'm using translator..

Vince

Super Moderator
and I'm having insomnia, but I haven't tried any medication to induce sleep (and I don't intend to).
it is very bad to go to sleep without sleep and jump out of bed as if you had not slept. strange body and mind. also retaining more liquid. trt would be for correct health? and not be disturbing, is it that testosterone is damaging or inhibiting Gh? should i reduce doses? need help. sorry english, i'm using translator..
I think you should consider melatonin for sleep. There are many health benefits to it. I've used it many times in the past and I'm using it now. I don't believe I never been addicted to it or not able to sleep because I stopped using it.

Dr.V.P.C.

Insomnia is very very common in adults after 40 y. I have cronica insomina , completely controlled with supplements ( magnesium, melatonin, nac , l theanine ) and 50 mg of trazodone. Great sleep every night.
By no means i would lower my test dosage ( and lose benefits ) , but hat´s just me.

M.J

Is your ferritin level fine ?
I used to wake up from bed a lot until that was corrected.

tarzan92

I think so. I have to retake exams.
my problem is not even losing sleep. but to be sleepy. when I increase the dose, I can't sleep, take naps during the night. and I wake up as if I hadn't even rested, but in a good mood. by decreasing the dose, and waiting 1 week, for the drug to practically stop working, I managed to get it back. now i'm trying to throw low doses to reap the benefits of trt.

Rock H. Johnson

1-7grams of Taurine half hour before sleep and 5-10(build up) sprays of magnesium on sore muscles or in armpits do a great job for me, many others have benefitted from this.

Also injection timing is important, I inject around 7:00 as then I know that some of my esters will peak around 19-21:00 and then will not interfer with sleep after 00:00.

If melatonin gives dull headaches its precursor 5HTP could be an option.

stx359

Sleep was one of my main complaints after starting TRT almost three years ago. There is no worse feeling than waking up at 3:30 every morning wide awake and knowing you won't go back to sleep then being exhausted all afternoon. The fix for me appears to be daily dosing. I switched to that two months ago and the difference was enormous. I sleep a solid 7 hours every night and as a bonus it appears to have solved my acne issues which were pretty bad. I guess my body just didn't like those enormous peaks. I was on 70 mg twice a week, switched to 20 mg daily which I reduced to 18 mg daily with no ill effects so far. It has been said many times on here and I am a believer now - with TRT sometimes less is more.

tarzan92

what good news stx359 !!
do you use cypionate?
I am now trying to do it twice a week, with 30mg every 3 ½ days.
totaling 60mg week. I wanted to hit a low dose, so at least 2x a week. I believe that daily applications would not be necessary through the half-life of the drug

Hammer

Insomnia is very very common in adults after 40 y. I have cronica insomina , completely controlled with supplements ( magnesium, melatonin, nac , l theanine ) and 50 mg of trazodone. Great sleep every night.
By no means i would lower my test dosage ( and lose benefits ) , but hat´s just me.
Thanks. I took Trazodone for 2 years along with magnesium as well as a sleep supplement called Primal Force's Native Rest. It is a liquid spray containing melatonin, zinc, selenium and Jamaican dogwood leaf. It worked like most pharmaceutical remedies that I've taken where the first 45-60 days is great then it stops working. I increased the Trazodone over time with limited success and noticed increased forgetfulness and a decreased libido. Ambien works for about 3 to 4 days then quits. I am trying to stay natural as other prescribed drugs gave me various side effects. What I'm finding that works some of the time is a half of a banana with peanut butter with some pistachios and Mountmorency cherry juice before bed. (yes I realize they release melatonin). Neither of my parents slept well so maybe it is a genetic thing. Thanks for the input!

Hammer

what good news stx359 !!
do you use cypionate?
I am now trying to do it twice a week, with 30mg every 3 ½ days.
totaling 60mg week. I wanted to hit a low dose, so at least 2x a week. I believe that daily applications would not be necessary through the half-life of the drug

Yes Test Cypianate 26mg 2xwk

Hammer

Sleep was one of my main complaints after starting TRT almost three years ago. There is no worse feeling than waking up at 3:30 every morning wide awake and knowing you won't go back to sleep then being exhausted all afternoon. The fix for me appears to be daily dosing. I switched to that two months ago and the difference was enormous. I sleep a solid 7 hours every night and as a bonus it appears to have solved my acne issues which were pretty bad. I guess my body just didn't like those enormous peaks. I was on 70 mg twice a week, switched to 20 mg daily which I reduced to 18 mg daily with no ill effects so far. It has been said many times on here and I am a believer now - with TRT sometimes less is more.

So you inject daily? I assume you are using insulin syringes. Even so, that is a chore to do every day. If it works, I guess it is worth it!

Hammer

1-7grams of Taurine half hour before sleep and 5-10(build up) sprays of magnesium on sore muscles or in armpits do a great job for me, many others have benefitted from this.

Also injection timing is important, I inject around 7:00 as then I know that some of my esters will peak around 19-21:00 and then will not interfer with sleep after 00:00.

If melatonin gives dull headaches its precursor 5HTP could be an option.

Thanks. I tried the 5-HTP as well as GABA with no success. I haven't tried the straight Taurine but I have tried supplements that contained it at a much lower dosage. Gives me some more ammo to use! What brand of magnesium spray do you use. I take chelated magnesium but don't see any benefit.

Hammer

For me multiple blood test and donation drained my ferritin which made me wake up multiple times, taking iron supplement for sometime fixed it.

I have tried EOD felt nothing, now doing twice weekly big improvement, thinking of trying once a week.

I can't say I have had my ferritin levels checked. I donate blood every two months to lower hematocrit. Since I lowered my dosage to 50mg/wk, my hematocrit was 48 last time it was checked. At higher dosages, it ran between 51 - 54. My highest dosage was 100mg per week. I guess my body is sensitive to it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me