SubQ versus IM - do these both utilize the exact same Testosterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mojo88

I switched from IM to SubQ about a year ago. Much easier to self-inject, less pain, no muscle damage, etc. I'm doing 10mg/day, via 2 shots per week, total of 70mg/week.

My urologist handles the HRT for me. I told him about the switch from IM to SubQ, and he made no mention of using a different type of Testosterone. I currently use a Testosterone Cypionate that specifically says "For Intramuscular Use Only".

I've heard some folks say that there is a particular type of Testosterone to use for SubQ. I've been Googling around but can't find a definitive answer. Am I OK using this "Intramuscular" Testosterone for SubQ treatment?? Thanks

My blood levels are good. Below are my results from August of last year.
Testosterone results_8-4-2022.jpg

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

Am I OK using this "Intramuscular" Testosterone for SubQ treatment?? Thanks
Yes.

Nice job! Nice to occasionally see someone doing TRT.

Are you sure you don't want to head up to "optimal" out there at 140-180 mg/week? [I kid, I kid]

Last edited by a moderator:

Willyt

I switched from IM to SubQ about a year ago. Much easier to self-inject, less pain, no muscle damage, etc. I'm doing 10mg/day, via 2 shots per week, total of 70mg/week.

My urologist handles the HRT for me. I told him about the switch from IM to SubQ, and he made no mention of using a different type of Testosterone. I currently use a Testosterone Cypionate that specifically says "For Intramuscular Use Only".

I've heard some folks say that there is a particular type of Testosterone to use for SubQ. I've been Googling around but can't find a definitive answer. Am I OK using this "Intramuscular" Testosterone for SubQ treatment?? Thanks

View attachment 29089
No difference that I know of. My vials say the same thing.

Sounds like you're doing well after the switch. I really like these 31 gauge x 5/16 syringes for daily subq:

When did you test? At trough or peak?

Systemlord

Testosterone Cypionate that specifically says "For Intramuscular Use Only".
Testosterone cypionate was designed "For Intramuscular Use Only", and back in the day no one was brave enough to challenge if this was the only type of method of injection that would work until years later.

It takes a good doctor with big cojones to challenge standard of care.

Am I OK using this "Intramuscular" Testosterone for SubQ treatment??
Yes.

sammmy

What kind of test was used for the free testosterone?

The Vermeulen calculator gives literally the same values:
1676494834064.png

RickB

Great trough numbers, especially considering only dosing 70 per week. I'm curious how good your estradiol is. I'm assuming it's very good, but who knows.

And what made you switch to subq? Was it based on bloods or symptoms or both?

RickB

Yes.

Nice job! Nice to occasionally see someone doing TRT.

Are you sure you don't want to head up to "optimal" out there at 140-180 mg/week? [I kid, I kid]
Ahem, some of us must drown ourselves in T in order to get a decent FT level. It's not our fault!

But seriously, if I could get these results (assuming their trough) on 70 per week, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Curious about his e2 though.

Wolverine

View attachment 29089
What size needle do you use? Where do you inject? Tx

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale