SubQ causing anxiety?

Buy Lab Tests Online

canatct

Hi all. I was diagnosed with low testosterone by my GP and have been self injecting prescibed test cypionate IM every 4 days for 2 months. I had blood work done (thanks discountedlabs.com) to check t, free t, and the ultrasensitive estradiol because I wanted to switch to subq eod for a couple mo and compare. For IM I was using a 1" 25g needle in quads and delts, and that went fine. I tried subq in the oblique fat with 27g 1/2" needle. Injection is a breeze but I am having terrible anxiety/racing mind the day following inj. I am using the same test cyp (pfizer) and don't understand whats going on. My GP says its in my head but I know its not. Anyone heard of this? BTW, my estradiol was well within limits after 2 mo of IM inj and I am only taking test, no HCG or AI. I have labs from Sept when I was in between trt and the recent labs as well if I need to post them.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
First time I have ever heard of that and can't even begin to think physiologically how that even happen to be honest.

Must be something else.

I had too many localized reactions with TCyp subQ in the belly area. Red bumps, itched like crazy, nothing medically significant like pain or infection but my belly does not like TCyp at all.
I moved the same 29g to my thigh and I have next to no issues with that at all. Try that. no pinch, just straight in, can't be reaching muscle I'd think with a 1/2 needle but I know moved to the thigh and all is well.

James

Weird you would be having the anxiety with sub q and not IM, if the dose, days and product are about the same. Did your E2 go from the low end of normal to the high end of normal? Mine did and the AI eliminated the anxiety, almost immediately.

HarryCat

Weird you would be having the anxiety with sub q and not IM, if the dose, days and product are about the same.

The theory is that is he is having a reaction, like Vince had, his body could be producing added histamines and if he is already predisposed to anxiety these added histamines can bring it on. It is basically an allergic reaction to some component of the TCyp.

James

The theory is that is he is having a reaction, like Vince had, his body could be producing added histamines and if he is already predisposed to anxiety these added histamines can bring it on. It is basically an allergic reaction to some component of the TCyp.

Sounds plausible. I'd like to know what his E2 is currently and what it was with IM injections.

canatct

I was diagnosed with GAD yrs ago but deal with it pretty well.
There was no inj site redness/irritation or anything.
The ultra sensitive after 2 mo of IM was 22 (which was mid range). I haven't tested E2 since starting subq as it was only a few injections. Is it possible my E2 could spike in 24 hrs, then drop back into normal over the next 24?

canatct

Oh btw, I was injecting 40mg e4d IM, but was only doing 30mg e3d subq. After 2 mo IM my test was 563 and free t still in the lower end. I wanted to get my T dialed in and then add hcg to try and bring it up more without an ai. For now I'm back to IM.

Smokin Joe

Canatct- I had the same thing happen with HCG recently. Tried several times sub-q with different dosages. It blew me up with anxiety on the second injection every time. I do believe it is because we are predisposed to anxiety as Harrycat mentioned.

canatct

Canatct- I had the same thing happen with HCG recently. Tried several times sub-q with different dosages. It blew me up with anxiety on the second injection every time. I do believe it is because we are predisposed to anxiety as Harrycat mentioned.

Did you try IM injections?

Midnight

Could the chosen prescribed oil be an issue? Or, is it even possible that the testosterone metabolizes at a different rate sub-Q versus intramuscular?

Smokin Joe

I would have to agree with you that Testosterone metabolizes much quicker sub-q. It always gave me a litte rush when injected sub-q verse IM. HCG maybe so . I know when I injected HCG sub-q it sent me striaght into a tail spin . Never did try IM with HCG.
I will try it if and when I start back. Not sure at this point because all of the side effects that I have experienced with Test and HCG are gone and I'm back to normal. Not a bad thing now that I can pee a full stream with no medication.
I don't think it's healthy to take one med to offset the side effect of another unless itis completley medically necessary.

James

Smokin Joe - I agree. If I recall correctly, you had tremendous anxiety while on testosterone, but you E2 was in the normal range. Did you ever take an AI, and if so, did it help?

Smokin Joe

James I have'nt taken anything but testosterone until November 2014 when I added hcg. My E-2 has been in the low normal range. 13 ultra sensitive. My estrogen does not move much even when my total T was 1020 and free T at 19.
I do miss the energy and focus from TRT but I am not willing to trade off for the side effects.
I did'nt have anxiety on testosterone but was edgy and a bit nervous just after injection time. With HCG sub-q it was full blown anxiety right down to sweaty palms and feeling terrible.
I hate that TRT may not be for me but after all "Life Is Just An Experiment":). Time will tell as I'm sure I may give it one more go in the future.

canatct

Labs

Here are labs after 2 mo 40mg IM E4D. I had blood drawn the in the trough morning of inj (before my 1st subq)

Attachments

• LW 2015.PDF
    29.3 KB · Views: 156

Smokin Joe

canatct your results look similar to me. I don't see much difference at beween the I.M. and the sub-q. It may be though that you are one of those people who have higher aromatization , as your T goes up your estrogen will follow. An A.I. may in order depending upon where you want to go with TRT.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me