Anxiety about IM injections

Buy Lab Tests Online

evolution69

Hey All. I have been on TRT for about a year. I started with daily subQ injections for the first four months, then switched to 2x weekly IM in the ventroglute with a 1 1/2inch needle. Felt better after the switch but I also added HCG at the same time.

I was switching sides every injection and it was going fine, but then I hit a nerve once in my right side and my whole glute had a painful spasm. Another time I hit a blood vessel and got a bunch of blood on the aspiration. I started only going on the left side to avoid the muscle thing, and in general, I developed some sort of anxiety about pushing the needle in. I go very slowly; it takes a while because I don't want to get another muscle spasm.

I don't have any issues with subQ HCG in my side abdomen. So I am not sure whether I should switch back to subQ or just keep trying to overcome the anxiety. Anyone else experience this?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

evolution69

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, maybe that may work for me. Do you know of any good instructional vids? I will take a look on youtube.

evolution69

Good point. I have the insulin needles for HCG. When I changed to 2x per week I switched to longer switchable needles because it took so long to fill the insulin syringe and I had some tell me it’s better to go deep with shots.

aneuman

Same situation here. I started with Sub-q in the stomach area as well and was very, very anxious about IM, but I was getting some pain in the injection area, so I switched to shallow IM in the deltoids, as per @Nelson Vergel recommendation. It's easier and is not painful at all. No need for videos, simply use 27G 0.5" insulin syringe (probably similar to what you're using for hCG) and go 90 degrees (perpendicular) to the shoulder muscle, similar to when you get a vaccine.

I then push very slowly, to make sure the jet stream out of the needle doesn't cause any harm in the muscle, but I don't know if that is warranted or not. Perhaps other more knowledgeable people in this forum can shed some light on it.

One important thing I think is the volume. The deltoid, being a small muscle (at least mine is) would not allow for large volumes, I'd say less than 0.5ml. I'm injecting 0.15 ml fwiw.

Last edited:

evolution69

I am so glad I started this thread, I am not sure why I didn't think of just switching to a subQ in the delt or even in the ventroglute. I guess because before I was using subQ in my side belly fat and it was giving me bruises. Thanks everyone!

Phil Goodman

I am so glad I started this thread, I am not sure why I didn't think of just switching to a subQ in the delt or even in the ventroglute. I guess because before I was using subQ in my side belly fat and it was giving me bruises. Thanks everyone!
The delt and glutes are for IM, and for most people they can hit IM in those areas(especially the delts) with shorter syringes. For reference I draw with a 21 gauge 1” syringe and inject with a 27 gauge 1/2” for injecting

evolution69

The delt and glutes are for IM, and for most people they can hit IM in those areas(especially the delts) with shorter syringes. For reference I draw with a 21 gauge 1” syringe and inject with a 27 gauge 1/2” for injecting
Yes I meant to say shallow IM with a insulin needle, but I guess I could continue using the switchable syringe just with shorter needles. I have a bunch of 29 gauge 1/2" insulin syringes for HCG so maybe I will just use those for now. I am using Delatestryl so 50mg is only 25ml, which should not be too bad time wise for the draw.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me