Starting HCG and thyroid

Buy Lab Tests Online

Matt Leiser

I’ve been away for a bit. Crazy work and baseball schedule. In the time away I have had a consult with Defy Medical regarding their supplemental HCG program. I can’t say enough about the team and the experience so far. The intake was easy, appointment was scheduled swiftly, the PA that did my consult prepared himself with my history, reviewed my blood work, answered all my questions and not only did I walk away with the HCG I wanted, but also confirmed what I suspected in being sub optimal with my thyroid and recommended to add on a thyroid script. Got my meds from Empower today.

So question for everyone that has added HCG after being on cyp for a time (3 years for me), how long before you felt any difference? What did you experience once you added on?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I like to think that being shutdown that long and having induced organ failure that making a comeback may be more than a little iffy. 500iu 3x per week for a couple of months will tell the tale.

Matt Leiser

I like to think that being shutdown that long and having induced organ failure that making a comeback may be more than a little iffy. 500iu 3x per week for a couple of months will tell the tale.

I have thought that same thing myself. I’m on 500iu 2x per week to start but just couldn’t shake the feeling that I may be missing something not trying it so am willing to give it 6 months to a year, Pull some labs and continue the “N of one” saga. If I feel no benefit, I’ll stop.

lexer

You never answered our question. What promoted defy to start you on thyroid meds? What tests did they use as a reason to prescribe thyroid to you?

Vince

Super Moderator
You never answered our question. What promoted defy to start you on thyroid meds? What tests did they use as a reason to prescribe thyroid to you?
I thought I would post my thyroid labs.
TSH 1.800 range 0.400-4.500
FT4 1.1 range 0.7-1.8
FT3 1.9 range 2.0-4.4

I'm currently taking Synthroid 50 mcg and Armour 90 mg
My new script Synthroid 50 mcg and liothyronine (Cytomel) 25 mcg
I will have new thyroid labs with reverse T3 in 8 weeks.

Matt Leiser

apologies, was about to step onto the ballfield for warmups.
TSH 2.03 range .4 - 4.5 mIU/L
T4 Free 1.2 range 0.8 - 1.8 mg/dL
T3 Free 3.2 range 2.3 - 4.2 pg/mL
reverse T3 16 range 8 - 25 ng/dL

jdthoosier

Sub optimal t3 and t4, high reverse T3, cold hands and feet, dry skin etc... starting very slow. Starting with half a grain and Titrating up 1/2 grain every two weeks to up to two grains.

I recently had an appointment with Defy, one of the things they noted was my TSH, which has been gradually rising over the past 4 years ever since I started on TRT. I do plan to get a full thyroid panel soon. But the NP asked if I've been getting enough iodine in my diet first, before any mention of possible medication.

BamaT

Have you looked into using unithoid instead of synthoid? I have had better results with unithoid over the synthetic. I’m a complicated case but the natural thyroid meds. I will say TRT has been a saving grace for me since I have started using testosterone over the last two months I have lost 30 pounds. As someone Who has struggled with weight for the last 15 years due to hypothyroidism I am so pumped about getting my thyroid levels correct and combined with My TRT Regiment.

Matt Leiser

I recently had an appointment with Defy, one of the things they noted was my TSH, which has been gradually rising over the past 4 years ever since I started on TRT. I do plan to get a full thyroid panel soon. But the NP asked if I've been getting enough iodine in my diet first, before any mention of possible medication.

I've been supplementing both iodine and selenium for months

lexer

I thought I would post my thyroid labs.
TSH 1.800 range 0.400-4.500
FT4 1.1 range 0.7-1.8
FT3 1.9 range 2.0-4.4

I'm currently taking Synthroid 50 mcg and Armour 90 mg
I will have new thyroid labs with reverse T3 in 8 weeks.

Vince
were those lans taken BEFORE thyroid meds?
your labs are get except your FT3 is slightly below range.

Vince

Super Moderator
That's why I switch my Thyroid protocol from Synthroid 50 mcg and Armour 90 mg to.

Matt Leiser

Matt, your thyroid labs look very good. Were you on thyroid meds when that blood test was taken?
if not, you are fine unless i am missing something.

hey Lexer, great post. if I were not symptomatic, I would agree with you 100%. My labs numbers look pretty good. For months I have been experincing muscle pain especially around the quads (IT bands mostly) and have developed plantar fasciitis (which really sucks because I love getting outdoors and walking) and getting out of bed is horrendous in the morning after being off my feet. I have grown intolerant of cold which also sucks because I’m in NJ and winters have been worse lately and I’ve never really had a problem. My hair is thinning on the top (which was pointed out by my kids - god bless their honesty) and my skin is dry as hell no matter how well hydrated and cracks at the knuckles when I bend my fingers.

Ive been on trt for over three years now. My concentration, memory, brain fog and libido have improved from baseline, but feel they can be better. I don’t start prescriptions medications lightly. Hell, it took me three years to try HCG, but am looking now to try and tune things up to better my quality of life. I’ve supplemented with iodine and selenium for the past several months to see if I could support thyroid without having to start a medication. If I can get rid of the pain in my feet and quads, it would help me be a better baseball coach. I would like to keep my hair or at least stop the decline (DHT tested - not high at all).

So all of this rolled up made me look beyond the numbers to decide to give it a try. If it doesn’t help, just like the hcg, I’ll stop and look elsewhere or tweak things. Otherwise, I will take it really slow and increase 1/2 grain every 2 weeks until I get to 2 grains and then will pull labs and check on things. Plan is to pull 6 weeks after getting to 2 grains or max tolerable dose.

ratbag

Matt, your thyroid labs look very good. Were you on thyroid meds when that blood test was taken?
if not, you are fine unless i am missing something.

What you missed were his symptoms. Most good thyroid MD's know that thyroid labs cannot be totally trusted, hence putting him on thyroid meds. This is what the best MD's do. It's been written about for so long that if one has any hypothyroid symptoms they should go on thyroid meds, regardless of the labs. This is what separates thyroid from other hormones. Your labs can be perfectly normal yet you can have hypothyroid symptoms.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me