Banking sperm possible after starting TRT+hCG?

Buy Lab Tests Online

MDF

Hello EM, first post here and would appreciate any opinions. I did a search but didn't see this question addressed.

I am about to undergo TRT under doctor's supervision and I think I will be prescribed hCG to maintain fertility.

I was thinking about banking some sperm as well for additional peace of mind, but the only fertility centre in my area has very limited appointments so might not be possible to go through the process for perhaps two or three months.

Is there any reason why I couldn't begin a course of Test + hCG therapy straight away and then bank some sperm in a couple of months when I can get booked into the clinic? Initially I thought I would freeze some sperm before I began treatment, but when I found out about the waiting time I wondered if that would make a difference or not. From what I can tell it wouldn't matter as long as I use hCG, but would love to hear the thoughts of those more experienced than me.

Thank you

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. We've a number of members report that they have been successful fathering children while on a TRT protocol that includes an appropriate dose of HCG. Have you had a sperm count performed? Are you fertile at this point?

MDF

Hello CoastWatcher,

I haven't had a sperm count performed. I believe they do an analysis as part of the banking procedure but would have to confirm that. I am not looking to father children right away, I am just thinking ahead and playing it safe.

CoastWatcher

Hello CoastWatcher,

I haven't had a sperm count performed. I believe they do an analysis as part of the banking procedure but would have to confirm that. I am not looking to father children right away, I am just thinking ahead and playing it safe.

What caused you to seek TRT? And what is your protocol going to look like? We certainly wish you success on all fronts.

Last edited:

MDF

Thank you.

Low testosterone symptoms and blood tests for over a year despite a healthy lifestyle. I have tried tweaking lifestyle factors even more but no improvement. I am seeing a doctor in two days who is willing to help and we will discuss the exact protocol then.

CoastWatcher

Thank you.

Low testosterone symptoms and blood tests for over a year despite a healthy lifestyle. I have tried tweaking lifestyle factors even more but no improvement. I am seeing a doctor in two days who is willing to help and we will discuss the exact protocol then.

Feel free to engage in the discussion here at EM and browse the material on the Forum. Let us know how things shape up.

MDF

To update;

Saw the doctor yesterday and he has prescribed the following:

Sustanon 250 - 125mg 1 x week
hCG - 500iu 3 x week

Haven't started yet, if anyone has any more insights into my original question it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Vince

Super Moderator
For most if not all, TRT will lower your sperm. I would bank my sperm before starting TRT. It would be nice if you post your labs. Did your doctor talk to you about doing a restart instead of TRT?

MDF

For most if not all, TRT will lower your sperm. I would bank my sperm before starting TRT. It would be nice if you post your labs. Did your doctor talk to you about doing a restart instead of TRT?

Hello Vince, thanks for your reply.

I don't have my labs with me right now but could post them later. Are there any values in particular you would want to see that directly relate to this discussion, or more for just an overview?

He mentioned clomid as an option, but the impression I had was that it has a very low long-term success rate whereas hCG has studies proving its efficacy in maintaining fertility alongside testosterone. I was also told that clomid would only be a more valid option if I wanted to conceive in the immediate future.

Thanks for your time

Vince

Super Moderator
If you're thinking about having babies in the future, you must be somewhat young. I would like to know why you have low testosterone. If there's any chance a restart would work, I think you should start there.
Restart Update: Low Dose Clomid https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?6349-Restart-Update-Low-Dose-Clomid
How to Stop Testosterone Safely and Possibly Reset Your Hormonal Axis https://www.excelmale.com/content.p...-Safely-and-Possibly-Reset-Your-Hormonal-Axis
Are guys that do well on low dose clomid unicorns...or do they really exist? https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...-dose-clomid-unicorns-or-do-they-really-exist

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me