SHBG - Study Confirms Wide Variation in Serum Levels and Urges Testing for TRT Patients

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin levels play a critical role in the success or failure of a TRT protocol. Many men come to Excelmale never having had their SHBG levels checked. In some cases that may be a cost-saving measure, but in far more situations it's simply physician ignorance.

Recently the journal "European Urology" studied the SHBG levels of a large group of men seeking treatment at a men's health centre. The mean age (±standard deviation) of the total cohort was 53.5±13.5 yr (range 17-91). "The mean SHBG was 31.8±15.2nmol/l (range 6-109), with a nearly 20-fold difference from the lowest to the highest values."

The authors argue that SHBG testing isn't something that can be ignored. They call for routine SHBG testing for all patients suspected of testosterone deficiency.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28753796/

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

OMI100

I missed this post.
I just finished reading Morgentaler's book and I found his discussion on SHBG enlightening.
SO much so that I just had labs ran and included SHBG :)

OMI100

NOT a typo :(
Total T and Free T and E2 results should be back tomorrow, or the next day. I will post.
Been reading that thyroid meds raise it. I am on NDT.

ryn996

92.7 is that a typo? your free T must be in the single digits.
As another with high SHBG here are my initial labs (before starting TRT):
SHBG - 76 (16.5-55.9)
Total Testosterone - 316 (264-916)
Free Testosterone - 2.9 (8.7-25.1)
Estradiol, sensitive - 10.4 (8-35)

I’m assuming you should be in the single digits as well and should get some noticeably positive results from TRT.

Edit: are you already on TRT and have SHBG that high?

Last edited:

Match

Omeu SHBG tb meio alto, 63 nmol / l
Proviron parece-me que atrapalha eixo HPT, segundo li no forum
O que mais poderia ajudar reduzir SHBG?

Match

As another with high SHBG here are my initial labs (before starting TRT):
SHBG - 76 (16.5-55.9)
Total Testosterone - 316 (264-916)
Free Testosterone - 2.9 (8.7-25.1)
Estradiol, sensitive - 10.4 (8-35)

I’m assuming you should be in the single digits as well and should get some noticeably positive results from TRT.

Edit: are you already on TRT and have SHBG that high?
Can you tell us how your exams are currently, especially SHBG? For here also high, 62

Match

Os níveis de globulina de ligação ao hormônio sexual desempenham um papel crítico no sucesso ou fracasso de um protocolo TRT. Muitos homens vêm para a Excelmale nunca tendo seus níveis de SHBG verificados. Em alguns casos, isso pode ser uma medida de redução de custos, mas em muito mais situações é simplesmente por desconhecimento do médico.

Recentemente, o jornal "European Urology" estudou os níveis de SHBG de um grande grupo de homens que buscavam tratamento em um centro de saúde masculino. A média de idade (± desvio padrão) da coorte total foi de 53,5 ± 13,5 anos (intervalo de 17-91). " O SHBG médio foi 31,8 ± 15,2 nmol / l (intervalo 6-109), com uma diferença de quase 20 vezes do valor mais baixo para o mais alto."

Os autores argumentam que o teste de SHBG não é algo que pode ser ignorado. Eles pedem testes de SHBG de rotina para todos os pacientes com suspeita de deficiência de testosterona.

Serum Concentrations of Sex Hormone-binding Globulin Vary Widely in Younger and Older Men: Clinical Data from a Men's Health Practice - PubMed
Okay, but the point is, it seems to me that nothing can be done to reduce SHBG, so they don't ask, unlike Estradiol, that you can use AI, is that it?
Except the general causes of high or low SHBG, weight, thyroid, etc.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me