Question about Androgel and Injection

Buy Lab Tests Online

Henry

Hi,
I'm currently on Androgel, 4 pumps. I have hCG too. I've been on it for 7 months.

I used to be on injections for 6 months before.

Basically, I've been on TRT for a year. Half of it's been on injections and the other half has been on Androgel. I switched up because I wanted to try both to see what I would like. I'm at the choosing point now.

I don't know which is better. Both gets me to 800. Both keeps my estrodial in the 27 range. Both get my free t in the 19's. I feel the same on both. I can't say one is better than the other. I was injecting twice a week and with Androgel, I apply every day. I don't have a problem with either. Blood work is the same also. DHT stays in range for both. Hematocrit stays in range also. One doesn't give me better labs than the other.

I have to eventually choose because I have 2 different doctors and one does injections and the other does Androgel. Each one thinks their protocol is the best. They want me to choose one of them and stick with their protocol.

The advantage with injections is I get prescribed 200mg's and I only use 100 to get there. I get to bank testosterone. I can also blast with it. I have to use all of the Androgel to get there. I am worried about 52 injections a year into each butt cheek. That's 2,080 shots, in each cheek over a 20 year period for a total of 4,160 shots.

I have an $8 copay for 2 bottles a month of Androgel while I have a $10 copay for a bottle a month so price isn't a factor either.

My question is, does one (Androgel or injection) have a long term benefit or advantage over the other one? I've been reading that Androgel is better because it matches the body's circadian rhythm. I then read that injections are better because it's more stable.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Robbie63

Henry. Great for you. Most guys start on gels. I like you did the the 4 pumps gel, but I could not get my total t over 500. If you have no problems with gels and you can obtain the same results I would do continue on gels as they are more stable due to daily even dosage. I assume second hand exposure is not an issue. Injection work far better for myself but the steady even dosage from gels will be less chance of negitive side effects to manage in the long run I feel. Many other here are much more educated than myself, I am sure you will get more detailed information.

bruin

@Henry, great for you ! I also started on gel and now inject, its all a personal preference. I was able to attain an acceptable T reading on gel and time duration of application became a problem just my personal lifestyle, shots are a n0 brainer, I use 30g sub q easy peasy. if I were in your shoes Id stick with gel
Duane

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching