Confused about Androgel response

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

Your total and free testosterone appear to be low, very low (in the future it helps if you post reference ranges for each test). You remind me of what I went through when I initiated TRT. I simply failed to respond to Androgel. My levels did not move, no matter how much gel was applied. As soon as I switched to injections I experienced the full benefits of androgen replacement. The vast majority of EM members, I would guess, inject.

You have made a good-faith effort with gels. I would move to injections.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Wangoz

Coastwatcher,
Thank you...I can edit the post and add ranges if that helps folks. I'm not afraid of needles and am ready to give it a "shot"!

Wangoz

DHEA: 136.9. 48.9-344.2 ug/do
Total Test: 243. 348-1197
Free Test..DIR: 9.1. 7.2-24.0 pg/ml
LDL-P: 1612. <1000 nmol/London
LOL C: 106. 0-99. mg/do
HDL C: 33. >39 mg/do
Triglycerides: 297. 0-149
Cholesterol total: 198. 100-199
HDL P: 28.2. >=30.5
Small LDL P: 1048. <=527
LDL Size: 20.2. >20.5

LP-IR SCORE: 100. <=45
TSH: 3.5. .35-5.50
Prostate SP AG: 0.37. 0.00-4.00
LH: 3.30
Estradiol: 37.99 pg/ml. ND-39.8

The only out of whack numbers on the CDC panel were:
LYMPH %: 45.9. 16.0-43.5
NEUTROPHIL %: 42.1. 43.3-76.6
Ifor there are any numbers on a CDC w Auto Diff that would help let me know and I'll post them.

Glucose: 97. 74-106
BUN: 18. 7-18
Creatinine: 1.1. 0.8-1.3
Glomerular Filt: >60. 60.0
CO2: 24.6. 21-32

Wangoz

Ok, hopefully I've done this right this time aso far as my lab results. Would love to hear any thoughts on what some of the forum members see that jump out...

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Wangoz

Your lipids need help, your testosterone is low and your TSH is high. Your kidney function is also on the low side. It looks to me that you have metabolic syndrome.

How is your diet? Do you drink a lot of alcohol?

Since your TSH is 3.5, it would be a good idea to get your free T3, free T4 and thyroid antibodies (TPO, AB)

You should definitely see a good doctor to get your health improved.

Wangoz

Thanks for the replies Vince and Nelson...I don't drink alcohol at all believe it or not. Had one of those fancy root beer beer's this summer and thats the extent of my drinking. My diet on other hand needs a LOT of work and knowing where to start is the hard part. My Doctor isn't much help and the Internet is full of information but deciding what the "right" adjustments to me diet would be beneficial is the hard part.

Wangoz

Thank you both once again. I did some googling to try and learn a bit.
The pictures shown (wikipedia) for metabolic syndrome certainly doesn't portray my build, they went as far as calling it an "apple shaped" build.
I will spend some time reading the links you both have provided to get myself rolling. I will be setting an appointment to consult with Dr. Crisler next week, I'm sure he will have some solid input.

CoastWatcher

Yes they have. In had a full physical for a health insurance reduction at work in August and it was a mess, including a total Thursday level of 217. My Doctors office never called me with results..I had to call them and over the phone they said I wasn't contacted because all was good . I asked for copies and that's when I saw that he never even looked at them. I had High and lows all over the place in the "flag" section of the lab results. Trying to find a new doctor now.

The good news is, and it is good news, you're aware of the issues and responding to them. I wish you well.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me