Prescription from family doctor

Buy Lab Tests Online

maran77

My family doctor just recently prescribed me but I haven't started taking it yet testosterone cypionate 100 mg per ml but the protocol is 1.5 ml every two weeks just wondering what you guys thoughts are on this I'm 45 years old my last reading was a 7.2 which is around 200. testosterone level. Is this going to be enough to start me off because originally I was on the gel and I wasn't having much resultswith it

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

My family doctor just recently prescribed me but I haven't started taking it yet testosterone cypionate 100 mg per ml but the protocol is 1.5 ml every two weeks just wondering what you guys thoughts are on this
A horrible protocol, you need to find a more knowledgeable doctor to guide your treatment!

This protocol will put you on a hormonal roller-coaster, the first week your levels will be supraphysiological and by the second week you'll be hypogonadal.

This large difference between peak and trough can make TRT much less effective and cause symptoms and or problems with hemoglobin and hematocrit.

The endocrine Society recommends 75 to 100 mg weekly.

You should be injecting at a minimum 100 mg weekly and sometimes split up more often to reduce side effects.

I was on the gel and I wasn't having much resultswith it
Other options may exist that your doctor may not be aware of, like Jatenzo taken orally twice-daily. The recommended starting dosage for Jatenzo is 237 mg twice-daily.

A new oral testosterone undecanoate therapy comes of age for the treatment of hypogonadal men

Last edited:
T

tareload

Dude just split the dose and do 75 to 100 mg per week (once or twice weekly injections) to start. Blood work and then reassess.

Pharma 200 mg/ml is available so you can reduce volume per injection.

T

tareload

@maran7 only has 75 mg weekly to work with.
It is @maran77 and sure Doc has Rx for 75mg/week but inject every 2 weeks. We don't know how many milliliters he has physically in his possession. Talk to the doc and mention 3 to 7 day IM elimination half life and you would like at least to inject weekly.

If you can get leash for 100 mg/week then there you go, no self treating. Otherwise 75 mg/week and try it out. A reasonable starting dose per week.

Blackhawk

Some of us do quite well on 75mg and less per week. Though on a cyp/prop blend, I am currently on daily shots equivalent to 8mg/day, 56mg/week T cyp.

I know my N=1 is not the usual, but based on my rough entry with T cyp injections at too high a dose, and having to lower dose until I got it low enough, If I was to start over I'd start on 75/week in 2-3 doses per week, or every other day using 5/16" 30g insulin syringe for grapeseed oil, or 29-27g for cottonseed oil carrier.

37.5mg 2x/week
25mg 3x/week
Every other day 21mg. I personally do better on smaller more frequent injections.

maran77

He prescribed it but doesn't mean I will do this method..I have an appointment this Monday with private clinic and yes on the bottle it's a 10ml 100mg/ml it says take 1.5ml every 14 days

maran77

I email him the odd time but he doesn't usually respond so I have to talk to his nurse ao can u guys tell me verbatim what should I say to nurse or in email..

Systemlord

How should I approach my doc about this
Print this out and or email this to your doctor.
The Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guidelines for testosterone therapy suggest an alternative of either 75 to 100 mg IM weekly or 150 to 200 mg IM every 2 weeks (3).

After day 5, testosterone levels declined and by day 14 the mean Cavg approached 400 ng/dL. These large fluctuations in serum testosterone over a 2-week period illustrate the less than ideal kinetics of TC IM injections.

Last edited:

Blackhawk

Ok I'll email it with the link so if I did the 75ml a week that's still low eh

It may be fine for you, or you may need more. Another form of T, Xyosted in pre-dosed auto injectors comes in 50, 75 and 100mg doses intended for weekly administration. The recommended starting dose is 75mg/week:

A lot of guys start higher and then have to reduce dosage due to high Hematocrit. Testosterone inhibits hepcidin which is an inhibitor of red blood cell production. For some men, when the inhibitor is inhibited, the red blood cell production goes too high. High hematocrit means your blood is too thick due to too many red blood cells. This causes wear and tear on the cardiovascular system and makes us more susceptible to clotting problems, stroke, and high blood pressure. Look around this forum, you'll see this here all the time because men start with too much. Once the problem occurs, the standard treatment is phlebotomy... having blood removed from your veins, to reduce the amount of red blood cells, and lowering dose.

At this point your choice whether to start higher with the possibility of having to reduce, but also know reducing can be misery. For me there are actual withdrawal symptoms. starting lower may not get you all the way there, but you run less risk of high hematocrit. After 6-8 weeks and getting labs, you may decide to increase dose. Or the opposite can occur, if you start on 100mg (Pretty safe anway) you may need to reduce, or who knows, even increase if it doesn;t get you there.

Just know that more is not necessarily better.

maran77

It may be fine for you, or you may need more. Another form of T, Xyosted in pre-dosed auto injectors comes in 50, 75 and 100mg doses intended for weekly administration. The recommended starting dose is 75mg/week:

A lot of guys start higher and then have to reduce dosage due to high Hematocrit. Testosterone inhibits hepcidin which is an inhibitor of red blood cell production. For some men, when the inhibitor is inhibited, the red blood cell production goes too high. High hematocrit means your blood is too thick due to too many red blood cells. This causes wear and tear on the cardiovascular system and makes us more susceptible to clotting problems, stroke, and high blood pressure. Look around this forum, you'll see this here all the time because men start with too much. Once the problem occurs, the standard treatment is phlebotomy... having blood removed from your veins, to reduce the amount of red blood cells, and lowering dose.

At this point your choice whether to start higher with the possibility of having to reduce, but also know reducing can be misery. For me there are actual withdrawal symptoms. starting lower may not get you all the way there, but you run less risk of high hematocrit. After 6-8 weeks and getting labs, you may decide to increase dose. Or the opposite can occur, if you start on 100mg (Pretty safe anway) you may need to reduce, or who knows, even increase if it doesn;t get you there.

Just know that more is not necessarily better.
Thanks for the response I looked up that product but I live in Canada so I don't think it's available to me the Xyosted. It's hard in this group to know what's good with the believe like or you know it's hard to go against my doctor so I'm just feeling maybe like to 75 mg a week will be good you know I just I keep hearing negative responses about it or the the way he prescribed every two weeks I know it's not good so I sent them an email and see how he responses to it. He initially had me on the testosterone gel but it wasn't doing anything for me in 6 weeks I barely went up one point and I was on50 mg applied to the skin daily. I also have a consult with a private clinic on on Monday so I'm going to get there see what they have to say as well I just have a feeling my doctor may be a little bit on a touch

Blackhawk

Thanks for the response I looked up that product but I live in Canada so I don't think it's available to me the Xyosted. It's hard in this group to know what's good with the believe like or you know it's hard to go against my doctor so I'm just feeling maybe like to 75 mg a week will be good you know I just I keep hearing negative responses about it or the the way he prescribed every two weeks I know it's not good so I sent them an email and see how he responses to it. He initially had me on the testosterone gel but it wasn't doing anything for me in 6 weeks I barely went up one point and I was on50 mg applied to the skin daily. I also have a consult with a private clinic on on Monday so I'm going to get there see what they have to say as well I just have a feeling my doctor may be a little bit on a touch

I was not suggesting to pursue xyosted, only using as a recommended example of 75 as starting dose.

FlowRW

Systemlord is correct in all cases. Your Dr is an uninformed idiot. Micro-dosing with insulin needles every other day or every 2 days is better. It keeps your levels on a straighter line than the roller coaster of ever other week. Plus if your T level is 200, That 150 every 2 weeks won't do much. You should be on 150 every week. My T level was 300 and I'm doing about 45 units Mon/Wed/Fri sub-q with an insulin needle. T levels are now around 875.

maran77

I'm going through the private clinic route and they said the same..so now in a few days just waiting for meds I'm gonna be on test cyp 120mg a week to start. Now I have to do decide if I'm gonna do it once a week to inject or 2 times a week. I'm told the ventro glute is best? Which is right on front of quad I believe.now I'm just trying to educate myself on size of needle to use..I'm not a big guy I'm only like 188 lbs and my legs are generally thin..(genetics) what are ur thoughts ?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me