Over-respond to .125 anastrozole , what are my options...

Buy Lab Tests Online
M

MarkM

Hold the congrats, after 5 days on this new dosage joints are popping and clicking again. I can't take anastrozole EOD anymore, I'm going to skip it for as long as I can bare and restart at .03125 twice weekly to give the AI a chance lose strength before my next dosage.

It seems every time I decrease the anastrozole I do well for a 1-2 days and erections go wild during this time and then its right back to low estrogen and no erections 4-5 days later.

Wow. It’s hard to take a smaller dose than 0.03125. About the only way to do that is hold the pill and lick it once good with your tongue.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Blackhawk

I’d you need that little ai you either need none or can drop your T dose just s hair and quit dealing with it.

I don't know about systemlord, but I already lowered to 84mg/week T cyp which is borderline for my free T level and TRT's overall effectiveness, and still had intolerable high E2 symptoms. I've had to take anastrazole 1/16mg EOD which put my E2 right where I need it.

Your all or nothing approach would not work for me!

M

MarkM

Blackhawk and Systemlord:

I give both you guys credit for your patience and willingness to drill down to such small details to get your TRT protocol dialed in. I'm fortunate that it has come pretty easy for me.

I know that I would not have the patience to take the time to dilute a tiny 1 mg pill down to 0.03125 mg or 1/16th like you do. I would just pass and deal with it. Maybe that statement is a little overboard. It is possible if I had the symptoms that you guys get I would do whatever it takes to feel better.

I surely don't mean this as a slam to either of you. It's much more of a compliment to be dedicated to getting it right.

Systemlord

I’d you need that little ai you either need none or can drop your T dose just s hair and quit dealing with it.

My previous protocol saw a Total T of 376, Free T 15.1 and E2 of 29, I felt like I did before going on TRT. I increased my T dosage 16mg and increasing T also increases E, add to that my SHBG is 16 nmol/L so an E2 of 29 was already too high.

Free estrogen is a problem for me which is probably why an E2 of 7.8 wasn't that bad, I had some erections with an E2 of 12 pg/mL.

I'm going to stay off the AI for awhile and if it gets out of hand again I will take a tongues lick worth once or twice weekly. I have to limit the AI building up in my system by taking the AI infrequently.

Perhaps tamoxifen is a better option.

Systemlord

I stopped the AI 6 days ago and am feeling better each day, I pray my E2 stays in a range where no symptoms are present.

If I'm forced to I will restart the AI (1/4th of .125) and take it once weekly.

Systemlord

A week and a half later high estrogen, oh well. The second day, fourth day after stopping the AI were the best days I've ever had on earth. I slid through my sweat spot in the middle of the week, after that I could feel estrogen rise on injection day and did better on non-injection days leading up to my injection.

Restarting 1/4 of a .125 twice weekly.

M

MarkM

This sure has been difficult on you to nail down. Sliding through the sweet spot must be discouraging.

Systemlord

This sure has been difficult on you to nail down. Sliding through the sweet spot must be discouraging.

Quite the opposite, it's progress, I slid in and out of the sweat spot twice. Once I find it, I win. I ordered an E2 test today to see where I was scoring, that will be my redline limit.

The next time I slide into that sweat spot I'll run another E2 test to see where it is.

Weasel

Quite the opposite, it's progress, I slid in and out of the sweat spot twice. Once I find it, I win. I ordered an E2 test today to see where I was scoring, that will be my redline limit.

The next time I slide into that sweat spot I'll run another E2 test to see where it is.
With that kind of positivity, you surely are gunna win!

Renman23

I am so, so SO glad, i read this thread. I've been experiencing the symptoms of high E-2 (hot flashes, anxiety attacks) and i just ordered anastrazole @ .125 per...... I'm thinking i may start with half of that and see how my body tolerates it. I'm gathering its a powerful drug.

Jay555

If it makes you feel any better....I have very similar reaction to AI.

I have not shared my experience until now after reading this thread.

If any one here reading this has read my other posts, I have REALLY high E2 (70+).

I was personally .125mg AI when I first started TRT and was instructed to only take it if I had symptoms.

Well after reading a bunch about folks crashing their E2, as well as all the other, long term side effects. I decided I did not ever want to mess with it.

Fast forward to 7-8 weeks ago and blood test showing I still have really high E2 after lowering my dose of T.

I decided to try the AI. The first dose I felt kinda “off”. The second dose I was waking up in the night and my chest felt kinda heavy and my heart was doing strange things.
Third dose....woke up the following night and felt I was having a heart attack.
I could not breath, anxiety off the chart, heart was racing, etc.

Literally felt like I was dying.

After I spoke with Defy about it, they said no AI for me.

So I hope you get it worked out. Hang in there.
Without AI is ur E2 good?

BigBamBoo

Well if you consider my E2 70+ good....I guess so.

But really, no. I have since switched my protocol to M-W-F and so far, my high E issues have gone away.
I still have a week or to go before I pull labs and confirm lower E2 numbers, but just judging by the way I feel I am pretty sure this has helped.

I recommend doing everything and anything to avoid taking an AI.

M

MarkM

Well if you consider my E2 70+ good....I guess so.

But really, no. I have since switched my protocol to M-W-F and so far, my high E issues have gone away.
I still have a week or to go before I pull labs and confirm lower E2 numbers, but just judging by the way I feel I am pretty sure this has helped.

I recommend doing everything and anything to avoid taking an AI.

I think its great your high E2 symptoms have gone away. I also believe one should not take an AI unless absolutely necessary. When your next labs come back don't let the "number" sidetrack you. It might be higher than you would like based on all we have heard but if you have no symptoms and feel good, that is what is important.

BigBamBoo

Hi Mark.
Absolutely. I on the M-W-F protocol I am now doing, this is the best I have felt since starting TRT.

I am looking forward to the lab results. And I will follow up here when I get the results.

Take care

M

MarkM

Hi Mark.
Absolutely. I on the M-W-F protocol I am now doing, this is the best I have felt since starting TRT.

I am looking forward to the lab results. And I will follow up here when I get the results.

Take care

This is really good news. I remember your earlier struggles and having some second thoughts. I also recall your feelings about taking an AI. So glad it is working for you.

RaidersTwix

You change your protocol to fast. You need to keep a steady protocol for at least 2-3weeks before you see any improvements.

It's also very confusing how you with an e2 of 12pg/ml on 0.125 decide to increase your dosage to 0.250. What were you thinking?

I would change to 0.0625 and stick with it for a minimum of 3weeks before testing.

The reason you are going trough sweet spots and feel good for a few days and then go back to feeling bad is because you change your protocol all the time.

Stick with it for awhile.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching