Other side effects of higher test levels

Buy Lab Tests Online

drkelp

Start by saying I have labs with new urologist next week. I've been with a low T clinic for quite awhile(years) & have done fairly well with weekly injects of 200mg+ My levels read prob 1000 at trough, I know some guys have done this and reported they definitely felt better at lower doses. Anybody have any anecdotes about success with lower doses? I think this doc will prob want to go for more like 400 trough. Thanks in advance

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Anybody have any anecdotes about success with lower doses?
Stop comparing yourself to other men, we're all genetically different and we all have different types of androgen receptors and sensitivities as well as abilities for tissues to respond.

Do what works best for you.

drkelp

Thanks SL have read many of your thoughts. Did some googling, pretty hard to find many anecdotes as to the downside of supraphysiological test levels with specific reference to mood, sexual cons. Was even searching for stories from bodybuilders who did high levels for long periods of time. I ask because in year 6 of my journey I'm not feeling near as much from the shots lately. Again, I'll be getting labs next week for reference. I'm not expecting to sustain the honeymoon levels but am curious of others success and failures in their pursuits.

t_spacemonkey

stop comparing yes. I personally feel the best in the 200-250mg range, with daily Tprop injection. your doc wants to go 400mg?? or 400 total T. both are nonsense.
i tried lower doses and feel like i'm on no TRT when i drop below 150mg. my e2 runs at 60-70ng/dl which is also a good level for me.

TLR

If ur feeling good with no sides and health markers are good, don’t mess with success….I personally feel like crap with doses over about 80 mg a week….but that’s me…

Cataceous

Super Moderator
.... Anybody have any anecdotes about success with lower doses? ...
Almost like this post was made for you:

drkelp

No, no 400 total T at weekly trough was his stated goal. Thanks Cataceous that does look exactly like what I was looking for.

Systemlord

I'm not feeling near as much from the shots lately.
I found low ferritin, (<80) and vitamin D <28 to degrade how I feel on TRT. Also, if your injection frequency isn't optimal for you, it may take many months for you to lose some of the benefits of TRT.

When I started weekly injections, it took 6 months to feel bad on day 5-6, then went to twice weekly, started feeling unwell end of day 2 after a while and found daily dosing to be optimal for me.

I know dose oral TRT twice daily, perfection!

Systemlord

No, no 400 total T at weekly trough was his stated goal.
The goal should be 100% symptom resolution! You didn't come to your doctor complaining about lab values, you sought treatment because you had symptoms.

Aiming for a number is a fool's errand and is an indication your doctor has a mindset of a one-size fits all approach. A doctor aiming for a specific number shows a complete lack of understanding of hormones, so the default is aiming for numbers.

When doctor prescribe insulin to diabetic patients, they don't check insulin levels, they check to see what effects the insulin is having on all your other biomarkers.

Doctors are overly fixated on labs values these days. Before we had laboratory testing for TSH, thyroid treatment was initiated solely on symptoms and successful treatment was 100% based on symptom resolution!

We're all genetically different and we all have different types of androgen receptors and sensitivities as well as abilities for tissues to respond.

Last edited:

drkelp

400 at trough. That might be 1000? at peak. My trough might be 1000 right now, & it's not great. I'm thinking you can run those high levels for awhile & do good, but at some point adaptations occur & again not all that great.

Seagal

You could just try slowly lowering your T dose if you want to find your minimal effective dose. On the other hand, why bother if you don't have high hematocrit, high blood pressure, insomnia, excessive sweating, hairloss etc...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me