• Within 2 hours

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Within 8 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Within 24 hours

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Charliebizz

What are the purported effects of TRT on cortisol? It suppresses or stimulates the adrenals?

As far as I know, the ACTH Stimulation test done at 8 am is the only valid way to assess adrenal function. Randomly checking blood cortisol at any time of the day outside of 8 in the morning or saliva tests are useless.

Most doctors are woefully ignorant about adrenal function and will only diagnose Addison’s Disease, which is a life threatening failure of the adrenals with very low to no cortisol. In fact, I was snapped at and insulted by a senior ER doctor after the 8th time in less than 2 months I brought my father into the emergency department for weakness, fatigue and dehydration and had the temerity to ask about adrenal function.
All I know is that I’ve never tested under 10 on am blood cortisol unless I was on trt and man did I feel it. However for some reason test cyp effected that way more then enanthate. I feel fine on enanthate without ssri. On cyp I legit couldn’t tolerate trt at all. I would have extreme fatigue ,twitching and a host of other issues. And my cortisol dropped to a 6. I wouldn’t put as much stick in the labs if the symptoms didn’t match.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Charliebizz

Interesting thought. I did a saliva test, but don't remember a whole lot about what it showed. Amitriptyline has been shown to reduce migraines, but I believe it is a TCA, not an SSRI. I was on it a while back. Ironically, I think I read something somewhere that it can suppress testosterone, and was one of my theories as to why I became hypogonadic in the first place. Tangentially, I have struggled with the thought that maybe now that I am off that drug and some other medication I was using for migraines, my natural levels might come back up to normal. I have done a few half-assed resets, but none that were legitimate attempts. At this point, I don't even care. I have accepted that I am hypogonadic, regardless of the cause, and am fine treating it. I just need to find the right treatment regimen, but I digress.

Will you post back here if you do this trial?
I’m in the same boat I’ve been searching for root cause for almost 15 years. I’m turning 40 in a few days. And I’m better on trt then off so I’ve resigned to the fact I’m going to be on it for life. That said I will never stop trying to feel better because I still have headaches and depression since quitting ssri. Could it still be ssri withdrawal? Some people say yes. But even ssri gets such a bad wrap but I think to many people start at way to high of a dose. I was only taking 2.5-5 mg of lexapro. Im going to start with 5mg of Prozac tomorrow (starting dose is 10) and I will 110% keep you updated.

Fortunate

I’m in the same boat I’ve been searching for root cause for almost 15 years. I’m turning 40 in a few days. And I’m better on trt then off so I’ve resigned to the fact I’m going to be on it for life. That said I will never stop trying to feel better because I still have headaches and depression since quitting ssri. Could it still be ssri withdrawal? Some people say yes. But even ssri gets such a bad wrap but I think to many people start at way to high of a dose. I was only taking 2.5-5 mg of lexapro. Im going to start with 5mg of Prozac tomorrow (starting dose is 10) and I will 110% keep you updated.
Why stop? Go back on if you felt better. Life is short. Keep trying to feel better.

ajax31

I suggest you look into the effects of melatonin on adrenal function and cortisol secretion.

Charliebizz

I suggest you look into the effects of melatonin on adrenal function and cortisol secretion.

I honestly never liked messing around with melatonin

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching