Minimum time for labs after protocol change

Buy Lab Tests Online

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I'm aware of the common advice to wait six weeks to run labs after starting TRT or changing your protocol. But then I see this when I model my 10.5 mg test cyp daily protocol:

cycle plot.png

It seems to me that the peak release per day, or very close to the peak, has been reached much earlier than six weeks. Wouldn't labs at four weeks give you a very close approximation of your levels at six weeks? Am I missing something here? Does the six week advice have more to do with waiting for effects on symptoms to manifest, which lag behind the blood levels?

I want to see if I've got reasonable levels with this low dose protocol or if I've been chemically castrating myself like Danny says. I'd rather find out sooner than later.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm aware of the common advice to wait six weeks to run labs after starting TRT or changing your protocol. But then I see this when I model my 10.5 mg test cyp daily protocol:

View attachment 23807
It seems to me that the peak release per day, or very close to the peak, has been reached much earlier than six weeks. Wouldn't labs at four weeks give you a very close approximation of your levels at six weeks? Am I missing something here? Does the six week advice have more to do with waiting for effects on symptoms to manifest, which lag behind the blood levels?

I want to see if I've got reasonable levels with this low dose protocol or if I've been chemically castrating myself like Danny says. I'd rather find out sooner than later.
I would say the minimum would be 12 weeks but I like to wait 26 weeks.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I would say the minimum would be 12 weeks but I like to wait 26 weeks.
I assume you mean to judge the complete effects of a protocol versus running bloodwork? That seems like a perfect world scenario -- if someone is really suffering, they won't have the luxury of waiting 26 weeks to make an adjustment to their protocol.

Systemlord

Steady states on cypionate are achieved at 4-6 weeks.
Even though you reach state states at 4-6 weeks on injections, your T levels may change around the 2 month mark. I have seen this on repeated blood tests even on Jatenzo, which only take 7 days to reach steady states, but 2 months later I always see a reduction by about 100 ng/dL whether I measure at trough or midpoint.

I've seen this happen on three separate occasions. This goes to show you that your body is still working things out beyond reaching a steady state.

Last edited:

TorontoTRT

Each person absorbs and metabolizes test way differently. That chart doesn’t say much. Only a reference point of how test would generally act.

Eagleface

View attachment 23807

It’s not just about achieving a steady state, it’s about spending a few weeks at that steady state.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
It’s not just about achieving a steady state, it’s about spending a few weeks at that steady state.
That's right if you are talking about evaluating the effect of the protocol on symptoms. I'm not though -- I'm talking about evaluating the effect of protocol on your bloodwork. If you want to see what the protocol is doing to your numbers, I don't see a need to wait six weeks.

Eagleface

That's right if you are talking about evaluating the effect of the protocol on symptoms. I'm not though -- I'm talking about evaluating the effect of protocol on your bloodwork. If you want to see what the protocol is doing to your numbers, I don't see a need to wait six weeks.
You can’t evaluate the effect of a protocol based on lab value numbers. Wouldn’t you want to know “numbers” if you’re feeling optimal?

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
You can’t evaluate the effect of a protocol based on lab value numbers. Wouldn’t you want to know “numbers” if you’re feeling optimal?
Not in this case -- the situation that prompted this thread is a bit unique. I wanted to start at 100 mg weekly but I couldn't because the startup side effects were too intense. So, I started at ~70 mg weekly, just long enough to adapt somewhat, and for the insomnia and overstimulation to dissipate. I was not sold on the 10 mg a day thing to the point that I wanted to stay there and wait for a long term assessment. However, if it were possible to gather accurate data on what my hormone levels would be on 70 mg weekly before increasing my dose to 100 mg, I thought that might be worthwhile and potentially useful. Consequently, I determined that 4 weeks is in fact long enough to get a reasonable assessment of what a protocol will do to your levels, so I went in for labwork and that mission has been accomplished.

RickB

I know exactly what you mean - testing early to make sure you're on a good protocol numberswise, and then judging symptoms down the line.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me