Jet Black Stools - Is This A TRT Side Effect?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Stpfan

More Test Results Are Back

Hemoccult Results - Negative

CK/CPK (Creatine Kinase) Total
Total CK - 392 U/L (Standard Range 40 - 230 U/L)

Cortisol AM - 4.9 mcg/dL (Standard Range 6 - 30 mcg)

Estradiol - 36 pg/mL (Standard Range 11 - 44 pg/mL)
Test Methodology: Chemiluminescence Immunoassay

Prolactin - 12.9 ng/mL (Standard Range 2 - 18 ng/mL)

Total Testosterone – 1,106 ng/dL (Standard Range 330 – 1,188 ng/dL)

SHBG - 21 nmol/L (Standard Range 11 - 78 nmol/L) RANGE SEEMS LIKE AN ERROR

PSA - 1.2 ng/mL (Standard Range 0.0 - 4.0 ng/mL)

Iron/Transferrin/TIBC/%Sat
Iron Serum - 133 mcg/dL (Standard Range 65 - 175 mcg/dL)
Transferrin - 250 mg/dL (Standard Range 163 - 382 mg/dL)
TIBC - 350 ug/dL (Standard Range 250 - 425 ug/dL)
Iron Saturation Percent - 38% (Standard Range 13 - 48%)

As you can clearly see the previous Iron Lab was a complete error. I had my PCP scrambling to write me a referral for Hematology. I have the referral in my hand right now but as you can see the Iron Labs look normal. Also, the CK/CPK test drastically went down but it is still high and out of standard range. I think it's good news that it dropped below 1,000. I just don't understand these lab techs? My wife was in tears seeing all of these previous lab reports. Don't they ever double check em before releasing them? Totally unreal. Sure, I'm not out of the woods yet. But man... I was so confused as to why my Iron levels were high? My PCP wrote me a letter and told me... please stop taking any supplements if you are... immediately! And I wasn't even taking anything!

I'm still waiting on IGF1 results. And I believe one other Iron lab?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Stpfan

So what does he think is wrong with you?

I read my new Endocrinologist's notes through the patient portal. He thought the high Iron was the issue. But the initial lab somehow presented major errors. 2nd Iron Lab seems to be normal.

Also indicated on his notes "I can't seem to find any obvious etiology for his hypogonadism. Clinically not convincing evidence for it."

That's all I know at this point.

Stpfan

That's very conservative, some guys will be left with suboptimal testosterone under 50% hematocrit.

I was surprised at this as well. My only guess is that he somehow wants me to be around 50% at the time of donation? I've noticed when I donate blood it drops anywhere between 3.8%-4.0%. I don't know how this is possible either? Trying to figure it out myself? It's almost like to have any chance you need to start TRT at a very low number like 43-44%?

Or quite possibly he's trying to get me under 100mg of Test Cyp a week?

Stpfan

IGF1 - 169 ng/mL (Standard Range 58 - 219 ng/mL)

Well I think all of my labs are back from my new Endocrinologist. I'm sure he'll review the labs and respond to me by Monday or Tuesday through the patient portal in what he wants me to do.

I've been sleeping 6 hours... waking up... then staying up for 6 hours.... then sleeping for 8 hours... then staying up for 6 hours and repeating the process. I can't stay up longer than 6 hours. It's been like this since Tuesday morning. Yes, I did donate blood on Wednesday. Iron could be low... but I really think whatever is wrong with me my condition is worse. I wrote my new Endocrinologist a long letter explaining how I felt since the appointment... and hopefully he has an idea how to treat my condition.

Stylo

I had the same thing happen to me 1 week into TRT, and finally discovered the issue 3 weeks ago. Red wine. I drink a glass or two daily. So apparently my metabolism sped up, and I was getting rid of the tannins much faster than what I was used to. I was worried for a couple of weeks, but wine drinkers experience this quite often. Ive switched to white wine ever ever since, and have had normal bowel movements. I figured if I had a bleeding ulcer, alcohol of any kind would cause me to bleed. White wine proved that Im fine, and I was simply not processing the tannins anymore. So the question is do you ingest red wine?

Stpfan

I had the same thing happen to me 1 week into TRT, and finally discovered the issue 3 weeks ago. Red wine. I drink a glass or two daily. So apparently my metabolism sped up, and I was getting rid of the tannins much faster than what I was used to. I was worried for a couple of weeks, but wine drinkers experience this quite often. Ive switched to white wine ever ever since, and have had normal bowel movements. I figured if I had a bleeding ulcer, alcohol of any kind would cause me to bleed. White wine proved that Im fine, and I was simply not processing the tannins anymore. So the question is do you ingest red wine?

Thank you for the post. I haven't had an ounce of alcohol in about 18 months. Before hand I usually drank about 3-4 times a year. Don't get me wrong... I love alcohol. lol I just typically stay away from excess carbs and sugars for cutting reasons. For some odd reason... ever since being place on TRT... I don't know if it's the high red blood cell count? The blood thickness? Or some other sort off odd adrenal issue... but my body tells me... DON'T DRINK ANY ALCOHOL. So I haven't.

Stpfan

Just a thought:
Did you check the electrolytes? Hyperkalemia can give black stools before any other serious symptoms.

Thanks for the post. I don't believe it was an electrolyte issue. Doctor believes it was high intake of broccoli and cucumbers. But, she told me to the average person... this shouldn't effect anyone or change stools to a very distinct black color. So far... I'm back to normal from the stool standpoint. I'm experiencing other issues... just an amazing amount of fatigue now.

Last edited:

Stpfan

Finally the nurse from the new Endocrinologist called me back. Doctor didn't release any statement from the previous tests. Nurse said your doctor would like you to take another blood test. Would you mind? I said... well of course not. Let's go! What are we waiting for? She said your new lab order will be in your patient portal in 24 hours.

This is a new test... "Cosyntropin Stimulation Test"

I'm waiting for the order to be authorized... and hopefully draw the test soon.

Stpfan

After miscommunication between my Endo's nursing staff and my insurance company... the Cosyntropin Stimulation Test was stalled for several weeks. I was extremely pissed off. My Endo's nursing staff told me they faxed in the preauthorization forms twice. My insurance company claims they never received it once! Then on the 3rd attempt which was March 31st... they finally received the preauthorization form. The good news is... the test was done today... and awaiting the results. I will post the results when they are available.

Rock H. Johnson

After miscommunication between my Endo's nursing staff and my insurance company... the Cosyntropin Stimulation Test was stalled for several weeks. I was extremely pissed off. My Endo's nursing staff told me they faxed in the preauthorization forms twice. My insurance company claims they never received it once! Then on the 3rd attempt which was March 31st... they finally received the preauthorization form. The good news is... the test was done today... and awaiting the results. I will post the results when they are available.
Faxed.....??? seriously...this is 2020 not 1980...lol no wonder it went wrong they still work like they did 4 decades ago....hilarious.
Maybe find an insurance company who moved to the new millenium....lol

Stpfan

Test Results

This was the previous Cortisol test back on March 3, 2020

Cortisol AM - 4.9 mcg/dL (Standard Range 6 - 30 mcg)

This is the newest results (yesterday) April 7, 2020

Cortisol Baseline - 14.3 mcg/dL (Standard Range 3 - 30 mcg/dL)
Cortisol 30 Minutes - 23.0 mcg/dL (Standard Range 3 -30 mcg/dL)
Cortisol 60 Minutes - 23.9 mcg/dL (Standard Range 3 - 30 mcg/dL)

I would imagine my doctor was trying to see if the Adrenals were damaged or this was a Pituitary issue? What's odd about this... why did my body have so much Cortisol yesterday than the other month? Is starting with 14.3 mcg still pretty low for a morning reading?

I feel like this didn't get anywhere. I still have the same symptoms: fatigue, dull stomach pains, odd muscle fatigue (without physical exertion), and my coordination is starting to decline. This sucks.

Stpfan

Thanks for all the posts fellas. Sorry about the title of the thread. At first.... I was having black stools for several months... but I'm beginning to think it was all the broccoli I was eating daily. Wish I could change the title of this thread...

Wanted to pass this information along to you guys... and get some ideas about this? I had a skype conversation with a hormonal doctor. I believe he's around upper 60's in age and has been a hormonal doctor for 30-35 years. I told him all of the symptoms I was experiencing... and here was his response.

1. Bioavailable Testosterone - The doctor told me unfortunately most doctors look at total testosterone and free testosterone and then assess the situation. He believes Bioavailable Testosterone is the most important test... especially in my case. The goal is "high normal" if not just above high normal. But, it's all in how you feel. He said... I'd like all my patients at around 1,200 total testosterone. But, I have patients as high as 1,900 total testosterone and that's basically the limit.

2. SHBG - He said this is the 2nd most important test. When he examines this test... it tells him how estrogen prone you are. He said he refuses to give his patients AI's. So, the next best thing is Stanozolol at 25mg a week. He said from his studies... using a small dose per week... will cut your Estradiol down... and your SHBG down. He told me as ridiculous as this may sound... I want your SHBG between 5 - 15 nmol/L. Sweet spot he said is around 11.

3. Nandrolone - He didn't give me much reasons for this. He just said adding Nandrolone at low dosages with Testosterone is the perfect combo. He did say Nandrolone drives sugars directly into the muscle cell. Dosage is around 40-60mg a week.

So I asked him... what would be a typical protocol in regards to dosing with all medications included? He said I want testosterone 2 parts and nandrolone 1 part. So if you're injecting 120mg of Testosterone he wants you to add 60mg of Nandrolone along with 25mg of oral Stanozolol. Also, throw in some B-12 if your levels are low. He said you are more than welcome to inject twice a week or even daily. (Most of his clients like weekly injections.)

He spoke so negatively about estrogen in regards to TRT. He said Estrogen suppresses your Pituitary function drastically. The constant fluctuation of the highs and lows of Estrogen will make you nutty.

His fee was rather expensive for yearly TRT monitoring. He wanted $6,000. So I'm going to order my own supplies and try this. I have nothing to lose. My new Endo is an a-hole... dude was so promising... and i haven't heard one peep out of him since then. Ridiculous. So, I'm still going to see either my new Endo or my old Endo for labs (which are covered by my insurance 100%). They can talk until the cows come home... could careless. Just write the order for labs. We'll see how this works.

Stylo

Ok good to hear about things getting back to normal. So just to get a clear picture. Are you still on TRT? What dose?

Stpfan

Ok good to hear about things getting back to normal. So just to get a clear picture. Are you still on TRT? What dose?

Thank you. Just a quick recap.

I felt good taking around 190mg of Test Cyp a week. This was about 4+ months ago. Only issue I had was estrogen related. No pains in my stomach... no odd muscle aches. I felt pretty good. My total testosterone was between 1400-1600. I skipped about 4 months of blood donations and my Hematocrit jumped to 54.4%. I intentionally lowered my dose to cut down on the red blood cells. And ever since I lowered it to 125 - 130mg of Test a week I have dull stomach pains and odd muscle fatigue (no physical activity.) Since then I've had 2 donations at the Red Cross and my 3rd donation will be in the 1st week of May. I'll probably be around 48% Hematocrit after the donation.

So current protocol:

Test Cyp 125 -130mg a week. Injection every 4 days.
No HCG
No AI
Test Levels 950 - 1050
Estradiol E2 around 38

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel