Injections once weekly

Buy Lab Tests Online
I know ths question has been asked a few times, but I couldnt find one specific to mine. Anyhow, been on TRT now for a month. Started with 100mg once a week, and was told since I have some body fat, my estrogen is probably high, and I would benefit from injecting at least twice a week. Well, I started doing every 3.5 days, and noticed I felt like shit. Couldnt beleive it cause I thought it I had more testosterone floating around, I would feel much better. I notice I feel the best when I inject every 5-6 days. I mean I feel awesome, strong as hell, and sharp as a blade! My question is cause I havent done a SHBG test yet, getting estradial and that done next week for the first time. What if Im a low binder, but I benefit more from spaced out injections? Would my protocol still be optimum? Is it safe to assume my SHBG is on the high end? Im hoping cause frequent injections just arent doing it for me, and make me sluggish.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Whenever you change your protocol whether it's a dosage change or frequency change, your body must adapt to the new change and it will takes 6 weeks for testosterone and estrogen to stabilize in the bloodstream, until then your levels will be fluctuating wildly and you will feel good off and on.

I increased my dosage 2 weeks ago and all my levels were sent into chaos and now have 4 more weeks before levels become stable, until then it's bouts of minor anxiety, feeling unwell, and even blood pressure fluctuations. As I get closer to 6 weeks I will start to notice I'm feeling better often as my levels become more and more stable as I near the 6 week mark.

I have SHBG on the lower end and inject 24mg every 2 days, otherwise estrogen is very high.

fifty

I get that but if you feel good initially, is it really worth feeling like crap for 4 weeks (or forever) on a new protocol?

Edit: Just saying some local guys I know switched to 2x/wk from the typical 1x/wk because they felt bad at the end of the week and instantly felt better 2x/wk. They didn’t make the switch to feel bad.

CoastWatcher

You wrote that you’ve not done a test to determine SHBG. What was your work-up like prior to the start of therapy?

You commented that you’ve been on a protocol for a month; how much of the positive feeling you had at the beginning may be the result of the honeymoon phenomenon? At the start of therapy, before you’re totally shut down there is a common burst of good feelings when exogenous and endogenous testosterone are having a hormone holiday and receptors are enjoying the jamboree. It never lasts, and the hard work starts.

You wrote that you’ve not done a test to determine SHBG. What was your work-up like prior to the start of therapy?

You commented that you’ve been on a protocol for a month; how much of the positive feeling you had at the beginning may be the result of the honeymoon phenomenon? At the start of therapy, before you’re totally shut down there is a common burst of good feelings when exogenous and endogenous testosterone are having a hormone holiday and receptors are enjoying the jamboree. It never lasts, and the. The hard work starts.
My testosterone is forever low, due to a pituitary tumor. May not ever produce again. Runs usually between 200-320. This doctor wasnt familiar with a SHBG test, cause he's alternative medicine. However, I save a lot of money cause my insurance cover the prescription, cause it gets sent to my pharmacy. When I do labs again, we plan on doing the SHBG. My DHEA, lipid, IGF, etc all in range. I've had these a few times done, due to my pituitary tumor. Its a must that have many of these checked at least once a year. Thyroid hormone low, but on treatment for that, and have been for over a year now. Its in range now, but only cause of meds. Prolactin slightly high, and on bromocriptine for that.

In the beginning especially when you start you may have a test rush at least it was for me 250mg every 3 week or so. I was a Superman for a while and than things went downhill until I changed my protocol by my own first to a weekly and then to biweekly. The main benefit was that my hemoglobin and hema went down to normal ranges and A2 was in a better range. Without you labs I think people will only be guessing.

TorontoTRT

I went from 100 mg once a week, to 40 mg twice a week, every 3.5 days that completely sucked, and now I am at 72 mg every five days, and this seems to be the optimal protocol timewise. If you have your numbers for total testosterone, and free testosterone, you can estimate your SHGB this way, you don’t actually have to test for it Use the free test calculator.

I went from 100 mg once a week, to 40 mg twice a week, every 3.5 days that completely sucked, and now I am at 72 mg every five days, and this seems to be the optimal protocol timewise. If you have your numbers for total testosterone, and free testosterone, you can estimate your SHGB this way, you don’t actually have to test for it Use the free test calculator.

what formula do you use to estimate SHBG if I know total t and free t ?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Leave albumin as is, input total test and then plot in a number in SHGB until the free test field show your known free test number.
Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator
Regrettably, this has a chance of working only in a narrow set of circumstances: free testosterone must be measured via equilibrium dialysis or ultrafiltration, and you then use the new TruT calculator. Or maybe you can use the Vermeulen calculator if you first multiply the free T test result by 2/3.

Last edited:

Fortunate

Really old thread, but I am intrigued by the every five day schedule. Larry P (may not be around here any more) mentioned in several threads he doses every five days as well. I am considering this. Does anyone else have an "unconventional" dosing schedule (conventional being defined as weekly, twice a week, daily, etc)?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me