Injecting testosterone 3 times a week

Buy Lab Tests Online

rafapark

Great input. Thank you. My main goal is to eliminate arimadex without increasing my e2 . All my blood markers are great. I assumed based on what I have learned here that by increasing injection frequency, E2 will go down so if I eliminate AIs then the net effect will be little change. I just need to find the sweet spot on terms of T dosage and frequency so my markers remain similar to where they are today but w/o AIs.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

Also, aren’t we supposed to lower the total weekly dosage if we move to a higher injection frequency? How do you find that number? For example I inject 148 mgs a week twice a week. How do I estimate the total weekly dosage if I want to move to EOD or even daily.

Good question. What I would do personally, is not lower the dosage. I would just start injecting EOD, wait about 6 weeks, and then get bloodwork done. I would then see if the bloodwork in deed showed higher testosterone levels before I lowered the dose.

Good question. What I would do personally, is not lower the dosage. I would just start injecting EOD, wait about 6 weeks, and then get bloodwork done. I would then see if the bloodwork in deed showed higher testosterone levels before I lowered the dose.
In theory, if he is testing at trough, it will go up. Peaks should be lower and troughs should be higher. It depends where he sits at now with bloodwork. If everything is already running high then it might make sense for a small reduction. If everything currently is good then might as well not reduce and see what happens.

rafapark

In theory, if he is testing at trough, it will go up. Peaks should be lower and troughs should be higher. It depends where he sits at now with bloodwork. If everything is already running high then it might make sense for a small reduction. If everything currently is good then might as well not reduce and see what happens.
Thanks guys for the feedback. My goal is to eliminate AIs. All my bloodwork is good so my thinking is to up the frequency then test, if I see my E2 a bit lower and all the other markers look good, I’ll eliminate AIs so the net effect on E2 is marginal.

lemonflavor

So just curious, why even inject 3x/ week? Why not just make things easy, and consistent, and inject EOD?

I inject EOD and love it. I just don’t see why someone would inject 3x/ week over EOD though. Sorry if this is a stupid question. I just can’t think of any reasons to do 3x/ week, when EOD is an option.

EOD is hard for me to keep track of, unless I use a calendar, not that it would be difficult. I might forget which day I was on in a new week. I was doing 3x a week and did Monday morning, Wednesday later afternoon and Friday before bed. I didn't notice any bigger slump Sunday night. I'm at home all the time so it's no problem to inject like this. I went to every day so that it would be more even for me.

Gman86

Very good point! His trough should definitely be higher, regardless, since his levels will have less peaks and troughs. I would still lower, or increase dose based off of labs. That’s just me though, you could try lowering your dose now, and then see what the labs look like.

RLW

I do 48mg M/W/F. I am not real strict about when I inject but usually in the morning sometime. I generally work a couple days a weak so on those days I do it early am before work. If I don't work on Friday I usually inject mid day. If I do work on Friday I inject at 6am and to be honest, even by Monday morning I can not tell the difference weather I injected early Friday or Friday afternoon. My SHBG has been in the 30's since I started testosterone. your experience may be completely different however.

crash1270

I occasionally get asked this question. What is the best schedule for injecting testosterone three times a week.

Personally I've only injected twice a week and daily. Members who had or have experience injecting three times a week. Could you let us know what works or worked best for you.
I have only used 1x/week and 2x/week protocol. I think if I wanted to improve my levels and not go every day I might try 1x every other day.1,3,5,7,9 etc maybe 2,4,6,8.
3x week is basically every 2.33 days if you average it out. Why not just take the difficulty out of having a low trough one day out of the week or having three different times of day to inject and just do it EOD and adjust dosage accordingly.

Gman86

I have only used 1x/week and 2x/week protocol. I think if I wanted to improve my levels and not go every day I might try 1x every other day.1,3,5,7,9 etc maybe 2,4,6,8.
3x week is basically every 2.33 days if you average it out. Why not just take the difficulty out of having a low trough one day out of the week or having three different times of day to inject and just do it EOD and adjust dosage accordingly.

That was my exact train of though. EOD just seems easier to remember, and will yield steadier levels. Someone pointed out that you could take weekends off when doing 3x/ week, and it also might be easier for someone to remember their injection days since the days of the week that they inject never change. They also mentioned that injecting 3x/ week would result in 26 less injections per year, than EOD. Overall, I agree with you, EOD is what makes more sense to me as well. Injecting EOD has been extremely easy to remember, it yields very consistent blood levels, if I needed to do an injection on the weekend and I went somewhere, I would just prefil one syringe and bring it with me. And I inject with a 27 gauge insulin needle. I barely feel the injection. So having 26 injections more per year doesn’t bother me. But even though EOD is what works best for me, I obviously respect and understand why someone would still prefer injecting 3x/ week.

Last edited:
EOD is hard for me to keep track of, unless I use a calendar, not that it would be difficult. I might forget which day I was on in a new week. I was doing 3x a week and did Monday morning, Wednesday later afternoon and Friday before bed. I didn't notice any bigger slump Sunday night. I'm at home all the time so it's no problem to inject like this. I went to every day so that it would be more even for me.
I have a small white board inside my bathroom cabinet door that I keep notes on. At the top today it says "Jan ODD" In January I inject on odd days. I change the month and odd or even if it needs changed. I also have a small table written on it so I can keep track of injection sites and right or left sides. (It's much smaller than the one below I just can't figure out how to adjust it on here.)

R​

L​

VG

Delt

Glute

Quad

I do have a google sheets calendar that I keep track of dosing so I know when I will run out. But it could be unnecessary and I could use only the whiteboard. If I ditched the spreadsheet, I would probably write down refill dates just so I would know when to be prepared to reorder.

lemonflavor

I do have a google sheets calendar that I keep track of dosing so I know when I will run out. But it could be unnecessary and I could use only the whiteboard. If I ditched the spreadsheet, I would probably write down refill dates just so I would know when to be prepared to reorder.

That's a great idea, especially since I have a little surplus that I'd like to always keep. I'm terrible with spreadsheets despite always having been computer literate. Thanks for the idea on keeping track of EOD dosing too.

S1W

Just playing devil's advocate here, but please read RLW's post where he writes:

I do 48mg M/W/F. I am not real strict about when I inject but usually in the morning sometime. I generally work a couple days a weak so on those days I do it early am before work. If I don't work on Friday I usually inject mid day. If I do work on Friday I inject at 6am and to be honest, even by Monday morning I can not tell the difference weather I injected early Friday or Friday afternoon. My SHBG has been in the 30's since I started testosterone. your experience may be completely different however.

I've talked to several guys that treat the MWF schedule the way RLW does and who also claim that they don't notice any lull on Sundays. I know that there are other guys on the forum that do this as well with good results.

If you can just inject the way RLW does on MWF mornings and feel great, then I would say that for me, that would be superior to EOD. One thing I think I'd like more about EOD are the smaller volume injections, but the ability to have weekends off with MWF outweighs that for me. Feeling as good as possible with as little screwing around as possible is what I'm going for with TRT.

I just switched from E3.5D to MWF and plan to approach it the way RLW does - not being super precise about the evenly split injection times. I'll try to remember to revisit this thread in 6-8 weeks and give an update as to how things are going.

That's a great idea, especially since I have a little surplus that I'd like to always keep. I'm terrible with spreadsheets despite always having been computer literate. Thanks for the idea on keeping track of EOD dosing too.
I also use it to track my actual usage vs my prescription dose. My script is 200mg/wk and I take less so I make sure to get my refills when they think I should, and then I keep track of when I actually will need a refill.

The calendar method also is easier for me to see how much "extra" is in my 10ml vial. I have only used 1 full vial since I completely changed to insulin syringes. In that vial I had 10.49ml.

lemonflavor

I didn't have a lull on Sunday at all injecting 3x a week, but I did seem to have the opposite--a little bit of a spike at around 12-24 hours. I realize the peak blood level should be 24-48. I'm very sensitive to T and am still dealing with some overstimulated feeling. That's why I went to every day. I will have my first app't with Defy soon.

Vince

Super Moderator
Even though I inject everyday, I still use a wall calendar. I call it my testosterone calendar, when I inject HCG and the spot I write it down. for my testosterone I just write down the location I injected. I abbreviate everything to make it simpler.

lemonflavor

I don't mind injecting in the same area (testosterone only) each time. Does a 29-30 gauge needle ever leave any permanent scare tissue? I would think it either heals, or it's such a tiny area that the chances of hitting the exact same spot twice in a row is infinitesimal. Or maybe it's the area the oil is spread that's a concern?

Capi

Good question, and maybe that is why guys inject 3x/ week instead of EOD, now that I think about it.

But it’s very easy, you just take whatever dose you are on per week, divide it by 7 to get how much you would inject daily, and then just double that number to get how much to inject EOD. So for 120mg/ week, you just divide that by 7, which would equal 17.14. You can either round that down, or up, which would give you 17 or 18. Then double that. Which would give you 34 or 36. So if you were on 120mg/ week total, and wanted to inject EOD, you would either inject 34mg or 36mg EOD, depending on whether you rounded down or up.
Still confused with injection EOD. Lets say u inject M/W/F and SUNDAY(4 times a week). How about next week? U will start on Monday again or Tuesday this time? If u start on Tuesday to keep EOD, then your next injection is on Thursday and Saturday so its only 3 times a week. So u will put your dose higher for this week? So there is 2 option: 1. Every week u keep same days but then u have to inject Sunday and Monday. 2. If u keep EOD, then every other week u have to do your math on put your dose higher since 2nd, 4th, 6th....week u have only 3 days to inject.

S1W

Still confused with injection EOD. Lets say u inject M/W/F and SUNDAY(4 times a week). How about next week? U will start on Monday again or Tuesday this time? If u start on Tuesday to keep EOD, then your next injection is on Thursday and Saturday so its only 3 times a week. So u will put your dose higher for this week? So there is 2 option: 1. Every week u keep same days but then u have to inject Sunday and Monday. 2. If u keep EOD, then every other week u have to do your math on put your dose higher since 2nd, 4th, 6th....week u have only 3 days to inject.
It helps to stop thinking about the named day of the week (e.g. "Tuesday" or "Thursday"). It's simply every other day, always the same dose. For EOD, I think in terms of odd/even days of the week. For example I'm currently injecting on odd days. December has 31 days, so beginning January 2 I'll be injecting on even days, then on February 1 back to odd days...and so on.

Your EOD dose x 3.5 = your weekly dose.

Last edited:

S1W

Just playing devil's advocate here, but please read RLW's post where he writes:

I've talked to several guys that treat the MWF schedule the way RLW does and who also claim that they don't notice any lull on Sundays. I know that there are other guys on the forum that do this as well with good results.

If you can just inject the way RLW does on MWF mornings and feel great, then I would say that for me, that would be superior to EOD. One thing I think I'd like more about EOD are the smaller volume injections, but the ability to have weekends off with MWF outweighs that for me. Feeling as good as possible with as little screwing around as possible is what I'm going for with TRT.

I just switched from E3.5D to MWF and plan to approach it the way RLW does - not being super precise about the evenly split injection times. I'll try to remember to revisit this thread in 6-8 weeks and give an update as to how things are going.

Quoting my own post from 4 years ago to say that I prefer EOD to MWF.

LOL.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching