How high is too high?

Buy Lab Tests Online

sirgawain

I just got back from my annual physical. My doctor asked about my TRT. He's a reasonable guy and won't argue, but his one comment was that he thought 1100 at the low was "probably a bit high." But he won't lecture me.

Thoughts? I have no idea what my high is if the 1100 is my low. I inject 3.5 2x a week sub-q as well as ReliableRX secured HCG (.5 2x a week). I used to do 7 IM once a week.

My last labs were in March with this exact protocol:

T: 1137
E: 38
SHBG: 38.1

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
My last labs were in March with this exact protocol:

T: 1137
E: 38
SHBG: 38.1
Yeah, that's probably too high. @readalot has a formula to calculate your approximate peak values based on your trough. I would guess that you are peaking around 1600 ng/dl total and 60 ng/dl free. Even TOT guidelines for free T will often use 50 ng/dL as a cutoff for the top end.

Jerajera

I would guess that you are peaking around 1600 ng/dl total and 60 ng/dl free
I agree with the TT prediction, but I doubt his FT is that high especially on 2x/week injections. His SHBG is the same as mine and when my TT was 1800ng/dL on daily injections my FT was only 36ng/dL.

OP, make sure you get Free T tested and test your peak values also if you're interested. Those are not crazy numbers but you're definitely peaking significantly above the range at least for TT. Is that bad long term? Nobody knows, but my guess is that it's probably not quite as healthy as 800ng/dL TT and 18ng/dL FT troughs long term

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I agree with the TT prediction, but I doubt his FT is that high especially on 2x/week injections. His SHBG is the same as mine and when my TT was 1800ng/dL on daily injections my FT was only 36ng/dL.

You're right, I read the E: 38 in his post as Free T: 38 ng/dL somehow. His calculated free T at trough looks to be 26.4 ng/dL and I would guess it is closer to 40 ng/dL at peak. That's higher than many here would be comfortable with but those are typical TOT values. I would say reducing the dose then depends on your risk tolerance and how you are feeling.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me