Trt too high?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

testiculus

No, that's not a clear case of high e2. Although low libido can be caused both by E2 being too high or too low. You didn't mention irritability which is another symptom of high e2. Like I said in my previous post. Drop the AI and drop your T dose and see how you do.

mchadcota

No, that's not a clear case of high e2. Although low libido can be caused both by E2 being too high or too low. You didn't mention irritability which is another symptom of high e2. Like I said in my previous post. Drop the AI and drop your T dose and see how you do.
Got it! I will try that. Thanks alot for all your input!

tropicaldaze1950

Also wondering, there are a lot of drs out there that say don’t worry about E2. Don’t even check it because it doesn’t matter. And never use an AI. Can anyone tell me what their approach would be then for someone that has a T level of 1000 but has no libido?
I'm just commenting after listening to a webinar on YouTube by Dr. Neil Rouzier. He doesn't try, he says, to control E2. A question was asked; If a patient isn't responding to a given dose of testosterone(and he prescribes compounded cream) what does he do? He said raise the dose. The follow up was asking if that doesn't work and he said he'd raise the dose, again, citing clinical abstracts that state that there is no upper limit for testosterone(That was my interpretation of what he stated). The pharmacokinetics of injectables and topical cream applied to the scrotum, being different, I don't know how one applies what he states to injectable testosterone.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
@mchadcota: Your thread title is correct. I think @testiculus is offering the best advice, but consider dropping your testosterone dose into a physiologically realistic range over time. This is 50-100 mg of testosterone cypionate per week in divided doses. There's no evidence outside of a few anecdotes that men on TRT do better with over-range testosterone. On the contrary, TRT is already disruptive of other hormones, and going too high makes problems even more likely. You can review my opposing collection of anecdotes to see that excessive dosing of testosterone can lead to much misery. Unfortunately, lowering the dose of testosterone can itself cause temporary disruption for weeks or longer, particularly if done abruptly. Be mentally prepared to ride it out.

Gell

It sounds like you felt the best at 100 mg per week with no AI. I personally like splitting it into a Monday and Thursday subcutaneous and then I don’t feel any highs or lows which I did once a week.

Sergel

Hmm... no one talks about SHBG and free T much, but I believe that is one of the major issues with long term TRT users... I started TRT with my total T in the 500s but my free T was really really low... I felt miserable. I have no idea why my SHBG was so high...

I started TRT and oh boy, did I ever get a honeymoon... I felt like a stallion, started at 120mg/w divided in two doses... It was heaven.... until... it wasn't anymore... so I started to chase that dragon again... I wanted to feel like in my first 6 to 8 months... so I upped the dose, and upped the dose to no avail... lol I ran superphysiological for so long... never feeling good until anxiety set in...

This group was a god send to me... eventually I figured out I needed to lower my dose, seriously lowering... At first I got my total T in range, 700s ~ 800s .... but my free T was still superphysiological... Hmm, Did my SHBG and it turned out low! Phenomena that is quite common amongst long time T users... especially if they ran hot for a long time... funny how the body works...

So I stopped worrying about my total T and focussed on my Free T ... to get that in a physiological range... which brings me to Total T in the 500s ... which I always thought was low but man, libido and erections were waiting for me in that range all this time... lol

I am now injecting every other day, and cruising between 60 and 70 mg per week depending if I am cycling HCG or not... and I can finally start to say I feel dialed in... (I am 66 and in decent shape)...

Also, I don't care much about estrogen, I see this as a bonus of trt as estrogen is protective of so many thing and if your T is in a good place, E will follow quite naturally... to lower E you are better with more frequent injections than with an AI... AIs are poisons...

Hope this helps

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching