High reverse T3 the cause of high SHBG?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vvs1

My SHBG is high. I believe I ruled out all other causes of high SHBG- sensitive e2 is on the lower end of normal, increased my Vitamin D to well over 100, natural testosterone is 8-900, and DHT is normal.

Last cause is thyroid.
Comprehensive thyroid panel was good except for a very high reverse T3. So being that T4 and T3 are normal, there’s technically extra thyroid circulating in reverse T3.

I know that reverse T3 is considered opposing, but maybe it doesn’t matter when the body/liver noticed it and makes extra SHBG?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

My SHBG is high. I believe I ruled out all other causes of high SHBG- sensitive e2 is on the lower end of normal, increased my Vitamin D to well over 100, natural testosterone is 8-900, and DHT is normal.
Androgens balance SHBG levels, high level of androgens the lower SHBG.

Your SHBG is high because your free testosterone level is on the lower end. One way this can happen is starvation, which lowers your testosterone production while also increasing your SHBG.

Normally when one has low free testosterone, it’s not uncommon to also find low estrogen, because estrogen is converted from free testosterone.

I’ll bet you you’re free testosterone levels mirror that of your estrogen levels.
I know that reverse T3 is considered opposing, but maybe it doesn’t matter when the body/liver noticed it and makes extra SHBG?
Stop testing for reverse T3, because it’s biologically inactive.

Last edited:

Vvs1

Androgens balance SHBG levels, high level of androgens the lower SHBG.

Your SHBG is high because your free testosterone level is on the lower end. One way this can happen is starvation, which lowers your testosterone production while also increasing your SHBG.

Normally when one has low free testosterone, it’s not uncommon to also find low estrogen, because estrogen is converted from free testosterone.

I’ll bet you you’re free testosterone levels mirror that of your estrogen levels.

Stop testing for reverse T3, because it’s biologically inactive.

I was far from starvation but still had symptoms of low blood sugar, but also thyroid issues. Such as couldn’t stand the cold at all, I’d walk a very short distance to my car in 35F degrees and would shiver hard for 10 minutes until I could drive. Or in warm weather, a short walk would have me drenched in sweat like underboob sweat, and dripping down my face. Brain fog no matter the weather.

Vince

Super Moderator

Last cause is thyroid.
Comprehensive thyroid panel was good except for a very high reverse T3. So being that T4 and T3 are normal, there’s technically extra thyroid circulating in reverse T3.

Can you post your thyroid levels along with ranges

Vvs1

Can you post your thyroid levels along with ranges

Here’s one set while I look for the comprehensive thyroid panel. Thanks

Attachments

• 803F20C1-088E-462D-B3CA-ABBE5ECB6F3E.jpeg
    803F20C1-088E-462D-B3CA-ABBE5ECB6F3E.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 1
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene