High Hematocrit & Update Labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

tjlab

Hello, I have been injecting 2X weekly with 1/2" 29 gauge for a while a while now. My dosage is 50mg twice weekly.

All labs looks good except for hematocrit/hemaglobin. I am giving blood every 2 months.

Recent labs -

Hemaglobin - 17.2
Hematocrit - 51.4
Test (Total) - 950
SHBG - 21 (11-80)
Free Test - 278 (47-244)

Any thoughts on why Hemoglobin is high? Any suggestions?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Hello, I have been injecting 2X weekly with 1/2" 29 gauge for a while a while now. My dosage is 50mg twice weekly.

All labs looks good except for hematocrit/hemaglobin. I am giving blood every 2 months.

Recent labs -

Hemaglobin - 17.2
Hematocrit - 51.4
Test (Total) - 950
SHBG - 21 (11-80)
Free Test - 278 (47-244)

Did you have anything else tested? When was this taken relative to injection?

If you're giving blood every 2 months you're almost surely depleting your ferritin, each donation drops you about 30 points on ferritin.

Depending on when this was taken relative to injection it may be cause for a dose reduction if you can't maintain normal levels of H+H.

How long have you been on this dose for?

tjlab

Did you have anything else tested? When was this taken relative to injection?

If you're giving blood every 2 months you're almost surely depleting your ferritin, each donation drops you about 30 points on ferritin.

Depending on when this was taken relative to injection it may be cause for a dose reduction if you can't maintain normal levels of H+H.

How long have you been on this dose for?

Almost 3 months

madman

Super Moderator

Recent labs -

Hemaglobin - 17.2
Hematocrit - 51.4
Test (Total) - 950
SHBG - 21 (11-80)
Free Test - 278 (47-244)

What were your hematocrit/hemoglobin levels 3 months ago pre trt? Will give everyone an idea of how much it has really increased over 3 months. Issue definitely needs to be addressed.

tjlab

Sorry.

I had a full panel and everything is good but the values listed. All thyroid, estrogen...Etc in range and good

Trough day lab

tjlab

3 months hemoglobin 16.7 hematocrit 50.1. Gave blood twice since then. Red Cross 1/24 17.2 (hematocrit) Red Cross 4/1 17.2 (hematocrit)

tjlab

What is really strange is after taking everyone's advice here of bi weekly injections my test on trough has improved, but my hemoglobin has jumped. I am only on .5cc per week (100mg). On 120mg once weekly my hemoglobin was stable. Kind of ridiculous.

Vince

Super Moderator
He stated he is already giving blood every 2 months?

Yes I see that now, I missed it the first time. I wonder if grapefruit really works. I've never tried it but thought of trying it. Since I switch to daily injections, I stop donating blood. I'm only going to donate when necessary from now on.

Sorry.

I had a full panel and everything is good but the values listed. All thyroid, estrogen...Etc in range and good

Trough day lab

Well, you're restricting the conversation by doing so. It's likely many of the intelligent members here would have some input for you.

You're also just beginning, so HCT hasn't stabilized which many men find happens, but you may have other issues at hand driving up HCT.

You can consider lowering your dose. You certainly have room to come down and it will hopefully help slow your RBC production.

madman

Super Moderator
What is really strange is after taking everyone's advice here of bi weekly injections my test on trough has improved, but my hemoglobin has jumped. I am only on .5cc per week (100mg). On 120mg once weekly my hemoglobin was stable. Kind of ridiculous.

That's for sure. Originally when I started my protocol I was injecting 100mg once weekly sub-q as I wanted to see how my body would react even though most said to split dosage up twice weekly. I was disappointed after 6 weeks after my trough 7 days later before my next injection was a dismal 16.8 nmol/L and I would feel good for the first 3-4 days after shot than crashed. 6 weeks ago my uro increased my dose to 150mg/week so I split it into 75mg every 3.5 days................just had new blood work done yesterday morning and just received some of my results today and all I can say is oh my god my total t came back way HIGH at 42.5 nmol/L and the range here in Canada at Dynacare Labs is 7.6-31.4 nmol/L.

tjlab

Yes I see that now, I missed it the first time. I wonder if grapefruit really works. I've never tried it but thought of trying it. Since I switch to daily injections, I stop donating blood. I'm only going to donate when necessary from now on.

Hey Vince, what dosage were you injecting before every day injections? I have been giving blood every 2.5 months since last November​. I don't understand why my hemoglobin keeps jumping?

tjlab

What gauge needle are you injecting? I inject like Nelson has suggested.

WOW! If I was on a 150mg split, I would be at SUPER HIGH levels! I am on a 100mg split and I am at high levels now.

Vince

Super Moderator
Hey Vince, what dosage were you injecting before every day injections? I have been giving blood every 2.5 months since last November​. I don't understand why my hemoglobin keeps jumping?

100mg of T and 500iu of HCG every 3 1/2 days, now I'm inject 20mg of T daily and 500iu of HCG every 3 1/2 days. It can take (I believe) 18 months for your hemoglobin to stabilize. Hopefully it will for you.

Why are you hung up on this? Do you have some undiagnosed anxiety we don't know about? This is an extremely common side effect and you're already donating. If it's problematic for you, you should get off HRT. It's as simple as that and no one I doubt even implied that more frequent injections would control HCT/HGB, if they did, they were wrong.

Vince

Super Moderator
Why are you hung up on this? Do you have some undiagnosed anxiety we don't know about? This is an extremely common side effect and you're already donating. If it's problematic for you, you should get off HRT. It's as simple as that and no one I doubt even implied that more frequent injections would control HCT/HGB, if they did, they were wrong.

I believe higher levels of testosterone can increase HCT/HGB.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?3175-Why-is-200-mg-wk-the-upper-limit-for-TRT

tjlab

I will tell you why I am hung up on this. First, when I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease 5 years ago, my Testosterone tanked, lipids levels changed for the worse and I started getting anxiety...along with diagnosed allergies I receive shots for and it has almost cured me. My anxiety stems from my Thyroid disease and I am about to go to a psychologist for this. TRT is has made me feel better to the equivalent of allergy immunotherapy. I am not an anxious person, per say. I am ticked off because as soon as I switch to bi-weekly injections at 83% of the dose I was taking (previous 120mg once per week - NOW 50mg bi weekly), my levels have skyrocketed..which is good buy bad at the same time. This AM I injected 42mg and will see if this helps. If it doesnt, I am going back to 120mg per week.

I would be on a beta blocker right now, but it contraindicates my allergy immunotherapy...other words it could kill me. So, I am going to ask for an ARB and I see that many people here have discussed losartan. I need something to take the edge off and I am not going to take an SSRI and I am not quitting TRT.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me