High BP on new protocol. Any suggestions?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jmjmjm

I just restarted TRT after stopping for fertility reasons.
My new protocol is: weekly, two 60ml subq shots of test enanthate. 2 shots of HCG at 250. DHEA 25 mg daily.

I was feeling great on this protocol!

However, my blood pressure seemed to be pretty high each time I checked it (150/100.)

Wondering if any of you have any good recommendation to manage this apparent side effect!?!?

I donated blood about two weeks ago. And I am currently taking coenzyme q10, grape seed extract, magnesium, sodium and fish oils.

I have read some info as I know this is kinda typical, but thought I shared my scenario and see if anyone has any opinions or suggestions. I was feeling super great so I really want this to workout lol
Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I just restarted TRT after stopping for fertility reasons.
My new protocol is: weekly, two 60ml subq shots of test enanthate. 2 shots of HCG at 250. DHEA 25 mg daily.

I was feeling great on this protocol!

However, my blood pressure seemed to be pretty high each time I checked it (150/100.)

Wondering if any of you have any good recommendation to manage this apparent side effect!?!?

I donated blood about two weeks ago. And I am currently taking coenzyme q10, grape seed extract, magnesium, sodium and fish oils.

I have read some info as I know this is kinda typical, but thought I shared my scenario and see if anyone has any opinions or suggestions. I was feeling super great so I really want this to workout lol
Thanks

How many weeks ago did you restart trt?

Post labs.

Excess water retention let alone increased hematocrit can raise blood pressure.

jmjmjm

Thanks for asking. Restarted 7 weeks ago. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
In the past, my hermatocrit issues went away within 6 months - no issues after/no blood donations or supplements either.
But this is the first time that my BP didn’t change after donating blood. I’m usually pretty ok with changing my protocol, but aside of my BP (which is affecting my sleep), I feel incredible. Best results I have gotten within 7-8 years of treatment.

madman

Super Moderator
Thanks for asking. Restarted 7 weeks ago. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
In the past, my hermatocrit issues went away within 6 months - no issues after/no blood donations or supplements either.
But this is the first time that my BP didn’t change after donating blood. I’m usually pretty ok with changing my protocol, but aside of my BP (which is affecting my sleep), I feel incredible. Best results I have gotten within 7-8 years of treatment.

Glad to hear you are feeling great overall so far but keep in mind that 7 weeks in is far too early to tell how you will truly feel overall on such protocol (dose T/injection frequency).

You are not new to this but hope you understand that you need to give it 2-3 months after blood levels have stabilized (4-6 weeks).

*This should be hammered into every patient's head before starting trt or tweaking a protocol (dose T/injection frequency).

Keep in mind many fail to realize that when starting trt or tweaking a protocol (dose T/injection frequency) that hormones will be in flux during the weeks leading up until blood levels stabilize (4-6 weeks when using TC/TE) and it is common for many during this transition to experience what we call the honeymoon period where there may be a strong increase in libido/erections and overall euphoric feeling due to increasing T levels/dopamine.

Unfortunately, this is temporary and short-lived for most as the body will eventually adjust.

It is also very common for many men to experience ups/downs in energy/mood/libido/erections/recovery during the transition as the body is trying to adjust which can be very misleading.

Even then do understand that once blood levels have stabilized (4-6 weeks) it will take another 2-3 months for the body to fully adapt to those new levels and this is the critical time period when one should gauge how they truly feel overall regarding relief/improvement of low-t symptoms.

When looking at the big picture the first 4-6 weeks is very misleading for most!

If you are already 7 weeks in that you should have had blood work done to see where your trough TT/FT/e2 levels sit let alone other bloodmarkers such as RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit.

Also keep in mind that although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

Critical that you have labs done using accurate assays TT/e2 (LC/MS-MS) and FT (ED or UF).

The only way to know where your FT level truly sits is to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

I would look into using Nelsons Discountedlabs.

Most accurate assays for TT/FT:

1. Testosterone, Total and Free (NO Upper Limit) plus Hematocrit

2. Testosterone, Total, LC/MS and Free (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration)

Most accurate assay for estradiol:

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching