Hematocrit drives Blood Viscosity- Does that Matter in Men on TRT? Effect of Altitude?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

An ethical scientist reports and publishes data that supports AND data that refutes a hypothesis. After my latest round I wanted to give a quick update that 120 mg/week of Test Cyp for 8 weeks plus 325 mg aspirin daily did not result in same promising results I highlighted quoted above. My Hct is again back to 50% so the hypothesis that aspirin supplementation directly reduces RBC production rate is not supported by my data.

My apologies for giving a false hope previously but that is the latest data I have. I will provide a dose response curve with my data as time allows.
Recent paper I just came across...

T

tareload

T

tareload

Good article for all high Hct enthusiasts to read.

Also includes whole blood viscosity vs shear rate.

Read the discussion.

Great review:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tareload

When you need some serious material for toilet time...

T

tareload

Gets the terminology correct at the start but them falls for the trap. No mention of plasma viscosity, individual inflammation status and proteins in plasma.

Increased Hct does results in higher blood viscosity. Plasma viscosity plus Hct paints the more conplete picture WRT whole blood viscosity.

Legacy of sources cited at the end is a sorry one from hematologic standpoint and is misinformation. Too bad, Stan does seem like a thoughtful smart dude.

Donate blood? If you can't stand the heat and care about long term health there is also turning down the heat (dose).

T

tareload

Can anyone say U-shape?

Excellent discussion here. See the section on patient subgroups and optimum hematocrit as per the individual!

@RobRoy and TOT gurus.

T

tareload

@RobRoy you owe it to your listeners and patients to come clean and present the whole story.

T

tareload

@RobRoy and colleagues....care to offer a response to this survey of literature and analysis utterly rebuking the simplified (too simplified) notion that erythrocytosis is not only harmless but actually always beneficial in the context of the testosterone treated patient?

BigTex

Gets the terminology correct at the start but them falls for the trap. No mention of plasma viscosity, individual inflammation status and proteins in plasma.

Increased Hct does results in higher blood viscosity. Plasma viscosity plus Hct paints the more conplete picture WRT whole blood viscosity.

Legacy of sources cited at the end is a sorry one from hematologic standpoint and is misinformation. Too bad, Stan does seem like a thoughtful smart dude.

Donate blood? If you can't stand the heat and care about long term health there is also turning down the heat (dose)

Stan Efferding good powerlifter and a good bodybuilder. However, I certainly would not ask him for medical advice. He graduated from Oregon University with a degree in psychology.

T

tareload

Stan Efferding good powerlifter and a good bodybuilder. However, I certainly would not ask him for medical advice. He graduated from Oregon University with a degree in psychology.
Understood. I was merely pointing out example of the mess the authors he cites have made and the litter by the roadside that someone else must clean up. I guess they don't have to clean it up but as you see if no one does then there are left a bunch of confused and potentially overconfident people.

How many people am I realistically reaching here or in the past at TNation? I don't know. There are only 40k cumulative members here.

But if I can reach a few people and help them realize not to swallow the utter nonsense and conveniently invented simplicity from TOT Land then I have done the right thing. I can live with that.

T

tareload

BONUS article for today. Can't help myself as it dropped today....

Hmmm, I've never had the "vaccine" and my Covid antibodies are through the roof. I can only have immunity to Covid if I get a "vaccine"? Really? Not one mention of natural immunity in this article and it is July 2023.

Flu "vaccine"? Come now, let's get serious.

Enjoy before this gets deleted.

BigTex

Understood. I was merely pointing out example of the mess the authors he cites have made and the litter by the roadside that someone else must clean up. I guess they don't have to clean it up but as you see if no one does then there are left a bunch of confused and potentially overconfident people.

How many people am I realistically reaching here or in the past at TNation? I don't know. There are only 40k cumulative members here.

But if I can reach a few people and help them realize not to swallow the utter nonsense and conveniently invented simplicity from TOT Land then I have done the right thing. I can live with that.
I am learning a lot! I had never heard of Jay Cambell, never heard of any of those Drs mentioned and never listened to any of these podcasts. I feel bad that beginners need to get their information from these sources. Anyone can make a pod cast, like anyone can make a web site. Much better to learn to read research and it is easy these days to contact those who publish studies. This is the 1st time I have ever heard of the TOT. To me this is like relying on all the trash Anthony Roberts (internet guru) writes. Anthony Roberts holds a BA in both English and philosophy, with a minor in women's studies.

Imagine getting a philosophy degree? And a minor in women's studies? It kind of get turned off when guys like Jay Cambell keep telling us how man trips they take I get kind of turned off. It is a shame that there are so many watching these podcast that they guys who do them live a life of luxury. Meanwhile the guys doing the real research make very little in comparison.

Last edited:

BigTex

BONUS article for today. Can't help myself as it dropped today....

Hmmm, I've never had the "vaccine" and my Covid antibodies are through the roof. I can only have immunity to Covid if I get a "vaccine"? Really? Not one mention of natural immunity in this article and it is July 2023.

Flu "vaccine"? Come now, let's get serious.

Enjoy before this gets deleted.
Anything to help Big Pharma milk more money out of tax payers. This makes me sick to the stomach.

T

tareload

I am learning a lot! I had never heard of Jay Campbell, never heard of any of those Drs mentioned and never listened to any of these podcasts. I feel bad that beginners need to get their information from these sources. Anyone can make a pod cast, like anyone can make a web site. Much better to learn to read research and it is easy these days to contact those who publish studies. This is the 1st time I have ever heard of the TOT. To me this is like relying on all the trash Anthony Roberts (internet guru) writes. Anthony Roberts holds a BA in both English and philosophy, with a minor in women's studies.

Imagine getting a philosophy degree? And a minor in women's studies? It kind of get turned off when guys like Jay Campbell keep telling us how man trips they take I get kind of turned off. It is a shame that there are so many watching these podcast that they guys who do them live a life of luxury. Meanwhile the guys doing the real research make very little in comparison.

That was going to be my next point. Thank you. These types charge 99 dollars per month to access a coaching site where they imbue their customers with this stuff. Jay Campbell has published a thick book called the TOT Bible but does not know the difference between testosterone and testosterone combined with a carboxylic acid to make an ester in the context of the cream he gets from Empower Pharmacy.

Some Serious Dedicated People go to school/more training for more than 10 years after undergraduate to become proficient in their technical discipline. Not to mention what the undergraduate was. Let's not even get into Nelson's degree in chemical engineering vs some other individual who did pre Med or biology. Then you have some guy who majored in journalism charging people ridiculous fees teaching them stuff they themselves really know nothing about except for what someone else told them (that may or may not know what the hell they are talking about). I guess this is what @SteveCleves meant about being fascinated by the whole TRT guru industry. Most of them are only are only as good as the smartest guy they know. And then the rare one who has practical knowledge that no one else was crazy enough to try and obtain (see BB world and diuretics, etc).

But then the tell is they start to drown in the deep water because they have no formative training. This is the reality today. Morons and con people teaching the ignorant. $$$

You are a rarity @BigTex for your discipline to go to the literature and read for yourself combined with your ability to absorb and analyze the information presented. Combined with finding the right medical provider that is a recipe for learning.

BigTex

Exactly! I have problems with psychology and philosophy majors giving medical advice. I understand you and make more money as a guru than in either profession but you should have chosen a little more challenging major. As you say, we now have an internet full of TRT gurus. I have a personal policy that may or may not have anything to do with the quality of medical care, but if a doctor will not take my insurance, they I don't want anything to do with them. I am sure not giving you my Visa card. Seems like in the last few years the snake oil salesmen have come out of the wood works. We have as many TRT clinics here as we do weight loss clinics. The TOT Bible..........seem a critical thinker would 1st ask what are Jay Cambell's qualifications for writing a book like this?

Fernando Almaguer

I would imagine he's learned more about hormones since graduating. Learning about side effects and managing them doesn't require a degree. It's pretty easy to learn from experience and research.

T

tareload

have a personal policy that may or may not have anything to do with the quality of medical care, but if a doctor will not take my insurance, they I don't want anything to do with them. I am sure not giving you my Visa card

You would never get any other legally available Rx androgens except testosterone from a provider using this approach. But in your case you don't need those as you have that potential supply covered haha.

Pay to play in the anti (ahem accelerated) aging game. As I age I come to the conclusion your approach actually has more honor in it and it is cheaper. Well done since you knew what the hell you were doing (good genes! for this stuff).

T

tareload

I would imagine he's learned more about hormones since graduating. Learning about side effects and managing them doesn't require a degree. It's pretty easy to learn from experience and research.
Unfortunately not enough about blood viscosity and hematocrit to stop him from giving out blanket overconfident advice. So to my point the Docs/"guru" he cited have influence. All this advice traces back to one person who should know better. But not sure he had any fluid mechanics in undergraduate.

Adventures in a thyroid optimization the Worldlink Medical Way...illuminating read pp 10-25. @Charliebizz

Post in thread 'Kentucky HRT Doctor Faces Medical Board' Kentucky HRT Doctor Faces Medical Board

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching