Help with my protocol going forward (labs included)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
You had blood drawn just before your injection, right? You need a dose increase as your Free T in that trough is low, maybe 45mg E3D. E2 @ 22 is possibly too low for your SHBG @ 38. A dose increase to raise your FT might also get you some E2 conversion but I'd only look at it as getting your FT up and see how that goes.

Reverse T3 indicates pooling, should be I think 14-20 range and you're over 23. I'd sort out the testosterone dose and let Thyroid go until you get that in a good spot

Sweswitz

You had blood drawn just before your injection, right? You need a dose increase as your Free T in that trough is low, maybe 45mg E3D. E2 @ 22 is possibly too low for your SHBG @ 38. A dose increase to raise your FT might also get you some E2 conversion but I'd only look at it as getting your FT up and see how that goes.

Reverse T3 indicates pooling, should be I think 14-20 range and you're over 23. I'd sort out the testosterone dose and let Thyroid go until you get that in a good spot
Thank you Vince!

Gman86

Agree completely. Except way off on reverse T3. You want that at 15 max.

Gman86

So the solution to your issues are extremely obvious, which is good for you.

Firstly, you need to up your dose. Without a doubt you need to up it. That will help out a lot. You need not only a higher free T, but you most likely need to get your E2 up a bit. Luckily, E2 will come up naturally just by raising your testosterone dosage.

Secondly, you absolutely have a thyroid issue. Your free T3 is low, and your reverse T3 is very high. You want that below 15. Reverse T3 blocks the T3 receptors, so that actual T3 can’t get in and do its job. Even if you didn’t have high reverse T3, you would most likely have low thyroid symptoms, due to you having little free T in your system. With high RT3, that very little free T3 can’t even get into the cells to do its job, so you’re symptoms are going to be way worse. Luckily, the solution to this problem is pretty easy. Get on T3 only medication, at a low dose to start. Then titrate dose up slowly. And split T3 dose up throughout the day, as T3 has a fairly short half- life, and you can only saturate the cells with so much T3 at one time.

Between raising your testosterone dose, and optimizing thyroid, you should feel like a million bucks. You have to do both though. Doing one without the other wouldn’t be smart. If you are going to choose one, fixing your thyroid will yield better results, and alleviate more of your symptoms. But I don’t see any reason not to do both.

Sweswitz

So the solution to your issues are extremely obvious, which is good for you.

Firstly, you need to up your dose. Without a doubt you need to up it. That will help out a lot. You need not only a higher free T, but you most likely need to get your E2 up a bit. Luckily, E2 will come up naturally just by raising your testosterone dosage.

Secondly, you absolutely have a thyroid issue. Your free T3 is low, and your reverse T3 is very high. You want that below 15. Reverse T3 blocks the T3 receptors, so that actual T3 can’t get in and do its job. Even if you didn’t have high reverse T3, you would most likely have low thyroid symptoms, due to you having little free T in your system. With high RT3, that very little free T3 can’t even get into the cells to do its job, so you’re symptoms are going to be way worse. Luckily, the solution to this problem is pretty easy. Get on T3 only medication, at a low dose to start. Then titrate dose up slowly. And split T3 dose up throughout the day, as T3 has a fairly short half- life, and you can only saturate the cells with so much T3 at one time.

Between raising your testosterone dose, and optimizing thyroid, you should feel like a million bucks. You have to do both though. Doing one without the other wouldn’t be smart. If you are going to choose one, fixing your thyroid will yield better results, and alleviate more of your symptoms. But I don’t see any reason not to do both.

Thanks Gman. I really appreciate the input. I figured my T would have to go up, but I know very little about the thyroid. I always assumed my thyroid was fine because the TSH was normal. I just assumed that all of my "low thyroid" symptoms were actually just related to my T dose.

This was the first time I ever ran the full thyroid panel. Even though its technically in range, I suppose its not optimal, just like a 300 total T level is in range but wouldn't be. The way you explained it made a lot of sense.

tmaxey1

Hey guys I'm on a protocol for a while now and got my bloodwork back but still not feeling optimal. Been on TRT for a couple years. Right now taking 40mg e3d.

Total Testosterone: 731 (264-916).
Estradiol sensitive: 22 (8-35).
Shbg: 38.5 (16.5-55.9).
Free T calculated: 13.8 (9.3-28.5).
Dht: 66 (30-85).
Dhea-s: 335 (138-475).
TSH: 1.22 (.45-4.5)
Free T4: 1.24 (.82-1.77).
Free T3: 2.7 (2.0-4.4).
Reverse T3: 23.7 (9.2-24.1).
Thyroglobulin Antibody <1.0 (0.0-0.9).
Igf-1: 158 (88-246).
Vitamin D: 50 (30-100).

My numbers look good but I don't feel optimal. Diet is impeccable, working out, but low sex drive, only somewhat decent erection quality. Still somewhat low energy.

I need some help guys. I've gone through phases on TRT where I feel amazing but they never seem to last long. The only thing I can think of is my free T is less than 2% of total t. It was also brought to my attention that my thyroid might be off? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Have you been on a pretty serious calorie reduction diet?

I ask because I believe reverse t3 can be a result. I believe it’s a defense mechanism our bodies have to starvation. Drops your metabolism to keep you alive.

Sweswitz

Have you been on a pretty serious calorie reduction diet?

I ask because I believe reverse t3 can be a result. I believe it’s a defense mechanism our bodies have to starvation. Drops your metabolism to keep you alive.

I eat low carb/ketogenic but almost always at maintenance or at a surplus.

Gman86

Thanks Gman. I really appreciate the input. I figured my T would have to go up, but I know very little about the thyroid. I always assumed my thyroid was fine because the TSH was normal. I just assumed that all of my "low thyroid" symptoms were actually just related to my T dose.

This was the first time I ever ran the full thyroid panel. Even though its technically in range, I suppose its not optimal, just like a 300 total T level is in range but wouldn't be. The way you explained it made a lot of sense.

Ya I really only knew the basics about thyroid until about 2-3 months ago. It’s amazing what you can learn on the internet nowadays. Two amazing doctors that specialize in everything thyroid, are Dr. Westin Childs and Dr. Hotze. They both have a ton of videos on YouTube. Here’s a really good one on reverse T3 that would pertain to your situation.

Here’s another quick one he has on reverse T3

tmaxey1

I eat low carb/ketogenic but almost always at maintenance or at a surplus.
My reverse T3 was or is 26. I take T3 15 mcg per day.
Started at 5, then week 2 went to 10 and now 15.
HUGE difference. Mood, energy ect.

Good job testing it. It can be pricey getting everything tested but worth it if you have fatigue.

Explained why my morning temp was always 96 degrees.

Sweswitz

Good job testing it. It can be pricey getting everything tested but worth it if you have fatigue.

My morning temp is always a bit low too, although not 96! I'm glad you found something that helped you. Maybe this will be the key for me too. And luckily I have great insurance that covered all the tests for me!

Sweswitz

Ya I really only knew the basics about thyroid until about 2-3 months ago. It’s amazing what you can learn on the internet nowadays. Two amazing doctors that specialize in everything thyroid, are Dr. Westin Childs and Dr. Hotze. They both have a ton of videos on YouTube. Here’s a really good one on reverse T3 that would pertain to your situation.

Here’s another quick one he has on reverse T3

Great thanks for the videos! I now have something to watch at work tonight and apparently I have a lot to learn still.

Gman86

Has your morning temp gone up at all since optimizing your thyroid?

Mine is always low 96’s. I have an appt. coming up to try and do a trial of thyroid medication.

Gman86

Great thanks for the videos! I now have something to watch at work tonight and apparently I have a lot to learn still.

Ya there’s always a lot to learn. Luckily, the best way to do it, imo, is to find top doctors that study that specific subject for a living, and just learn what their current views on things are. They went to medical school, they treat hundreds of patients, theyve read a ton of the studies, and then they sum all that up and tell you exactly what to do. The internet is an amazing thing, especially for people that are lazy like me lol.

tmaxey1

Has your morning temp gone up at all since optimizing your thyroid?

Mine is always low 96’s. I have an appt. coming up to try and do a trial of thyroid medication.
I haven’t checked it until this morning. It’s was only 96.2 today so not today. I’m going to check it periodically and see if it changes.

I’m very curious to see how my labs look next time. I wish it wasn’t so expensive to get these tested.

Gman86

I haven’t checked it until this morning. It’s was only 96.2 today so not today. I’m going to check it periodically and see if it changes.

I’m very curious to see how my labs look next time. I wish it wasn’t so expensive to get these tested.

I know, labs are so much. I thank my lucky stars everyday that my cheap ass insurance for some reason completely covers my labs. Wow, that’s interesting that you feel so good, considering your temp is so low! And very surprised the T3 you’re on hasn’t raised your temp. It could just be low today, but usually body temps are pretty consistent.

tmaxey1

I know, labs are so much. I thank my lucky stars everyday that my cheap ass insurance for some reason completely covers my labs. Wow, that’s interesting that you feel so good, considering your temp is so low! And very surprised the T3 you’re on hasn’t raised your temp. It could just be low today, but usually body temps are pretty consistent.
I’m going to keep checking my temps. I was between 96 to a high of 97.2 during the afternoon. I have been dealing with this low body temp issue for several years. I feel like I wasted some good years of my life with thyroid and testosterone issues that I should have checked into.

My feeling better could be from the slight thyroid improvement with the 3 weeks on Testosterone. My testosterone levels were 177 free T was 5 and estrogen was 7. Freaks me out wondering how long I walked around like this.

Gman86

I’m going to keep checking my temps. I was between 96 to a high of 97.2 during the afternoon. I have been dealing with this low body temp issue for several years. I feel like I wasted some good years of my life with thyroid and testosterone issues that I should have checked into.

My feeling better could be from the slight thyroid improvement with the 3 weeks on Testosterone. My testosterone levels were 177 free T was 5 and estrogen was 7. Freaks me out wondering how long I walked around like this.

Ya it bothers me too thinking of the years I’ve been somewhat wasting due to not feeling well. Looking back, I think thyroid might of been behind a lot of it, because I’m pretty optimized TRT wise, but still have the same underlying issues as when I started 4 years ago. Glad you’re seeing some improvement. I would imagine the improvements are both from T3 and TRT. I think more people would probably benefit from this combo, instead of TRT alone.

pema

Ya it bothers me too thinking of the years I’ve been somewhat wasting due to not feeling well. Looking back, I think thyroid might of been behind a lot of it, because I’m pretty optimized TRT wise, but still have the same underlying issues as when I started 4 years ago. Glad you’re seeing some improvement. I would imagine the improvements are both from T3 and TRT. I think more people would probably benefit from this combo, instead of TRT alone.

Will you add T3 to your protocol?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching