Help for my wife, hysterectomy - keep the cervix or no?!

Buy Lab Tests Online

3DMission

My wife just discovered she has adenomyosis and potentially endometriosis. Surgery is 8/23 and now with the adeno discovery we’re looking at a hysterectomy. Doc wants to take cervix too for ease of removal, as it can be done laparoscopically whereas leaving the cervix requires 9cm incision in the belly.

Our concern is ability to orgasm and sexual satisfaction without the cervix. I thought you need to keep the cervix to help with that.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. What are the pros and cons of leaving or removing the cervix?

Thank you!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DorianGray

I can't speak to the adenomyosis, but my wife had endometriosis also. The doctor wanted to do hysterectomy also but she consulted another gyno and she suggested ablation. Had that done is fine now. That was 10+ years ago. Sounds like your wife's situation may warrant at least a second or third opinion.

3DMission

Good call out! There is a big misconception in the GYN field that a hysterectomy solves endometriosis, but it doesn’t. The endo cells can still grow without the uterus. With adeno, it’s uterine cells that are the issue, thus hysterectomy removes the issue.

When it comes to the cervix, I’m clueless! What does it do and will it impact sexual function, orgasm ability or bladder control if removed? These are the concerns we have. Thank you for sharing your experience! Happy to hear the endo surgery did work well, as that’s a concern for us too.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me